chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ New Orleans Pelicans - 2/6/21

29 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Sore calf

Yeah man, I’ve always been a Dillon supporter but these past few games it’s like, you got to know when to stop shooting

The legend of the good/bad Dillon lives on ...

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bane can guard bledsoe just as well as Dillon can.  Ya'll underestimating his defense.  Besides Bane is a SG have him guard the 2.   Ideally Justise will be the one guarding Ingram or SF.   We don't need Bane to play the whole game. We know Taylor stepson Grayson will get those minutes too.   I just don't want Dillon playing anymore. 

Dillon is a dookie defender, dude is legit buns on that end 

31 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Sore calf

Given the way this FO treats injuries, BC's sore calf might keep him out a month.

The loss puts the Grizzlies in a 3-way with Rockets and Kings for the 9/10 spot, with Pelicans/Thunder 1 game back and Mave 2 games back.

Does the FO know we already conveyed the pick to Boston?

1 minute ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Dillon is a dookie defender, dude is legit buns on that end 

Yea everybody buying into the hype.   Dillon is an ok defender but acting like Melton Konchar or even Bane can't produce what he does defensively is kinda odd.   Besides for every defense stop Dillon contributes to he gives it away with a dumb offensive possession.  I think folks sleeping on Bane defensive ability due to his short wingspan. Yet they forget that Dillon has a short wingspan too.  

Brooks and Ja combine for 9 of 31 (29%) shooting (1/11 from 3).

Throw in a bench unit of players not name Jonas shooting 10 of 28 (36%), and you just won't beat a lot of teams with that type of shooting.

10 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bane can guard bledsoe just as well as Dillon can.  Ya'll underestimating his defense.  Besides Bane is a SG have him guard the 2.   Ideally Justise will be the one guarding Ingram or SF.   We don't need Bane to play the whole game. We know Taylor stepson Grayson will get those minutes too.   I just don't want Dillon playing anymore. 

Who is Winslow? If he is replacing DB who's going to guard the opposing teams best player? 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea everybody buying into the hype.   Dillon is an ok defender but acting like Melton Konchar or even Bane can't produce what he does defensively is kinda odd.   Besides for every defense stop Dillon contributes to he gives it away with a dumb offensive possession.  I think folks sleeping on Bane defensive ability due to his short wingspan. Yet they forget that Dillon has a short wingspan too.  

No coach in their right mind would put Bane on Ingram,  recipe for a slaughtering 

3 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Who is Winslow? If he is replacing DB who's going to guard the opposing teams best player? 

Dillon aint Tony Allen it isn't difficult to replace his defense.    Justise is a much better defender than Dillon.  Winslow is basically the athletic version of Kyle ANderson.  He is a Defensive minded Point Forward.  With a healthy Justise and Melton then you don't even need Dillon's "lockdown" defense. 

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

No coach in their right mind would put Bane on Ingram,  recipe for a slaughtering 

Kyle can guard Ingram they are literally the same size (big difference in athleticism tho).  I wasn't suggesting putting Bane on Ingram however, Taylor did have Bane "guarding"Zion.  

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dillon aint Tony Allen it isn't difficult to replace his defense.    Justise is a much better defender than Dillon.  Winslow is basically the athletic version of Kyle ANderson.  He is a Defensive minded Point Forward.  With a healthy Justise and Melton then you don't even need Dillon's "lockdown" defense. 

Kyle can guard Ingram they are literally the same size (big difference in athleticism tho).  I wasn't suggesting putting Bane on Ingram however, Taylor did have Bane "guarding"Zion.  

Who is this Winslow dude you keep referencing? 

31 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

JV was putting in work ... high percentage shots and eating glass...

why didn’t we feed him ? 
Could’ve even used some veteran tricks to get Zion reaching and fouling

✔️

16 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Dillon gets slaughtered by everyone too, he's not even average defensively. 

People confuse trying hard with being effective 

11 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

You're trying too hard at this point

49 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

You're trying too hard at this point

-1.3 DBPM for career, 113 career DRTG, whatever other metric that you wanna bring up.

Dillon is one of the worst rotation players in the league 

11 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Not saying he's locking everyone  down but he is definitely better than Bane when it comes to defending a guy like Ingram. Could you imagine Bane holding Ingram,  Derozan,  Booker lbj etc... I like the guy but our defense was what was winning games, it fell off a cliff

Just read on Grizzlies PR that Melton has a left shoulder sprain. So I guess he's gone for a few weeks or more?

20 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Not saying he's locking everyone  down but he is definitely better than Bane when it comes to defending a guy like Ingram. Could you imagine Bane holding Ingram,  Derozan,  Booker lbj etc... I like the guy but our defense was what was winning games, it fell off a cliff

I'm so sick of Brooks man, he's just so bad that he tanks the team

42 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

-1.3 DBPM for career, 113 career DRTG, whatever other metric that you wanna bring up.

Dillon is one of the rotation players in the league 

If you are gonna have a so called defensive stopper I prefer someone with the agility/athleticism/length/smarts to effectively defend multiple types of scorers. Dillon tries hard but often gets bitten by being slow footed, not long enough or just committing bad fouls. There is no part of his game that's reliable on a consistent basis. 

Fvkc it Im back on team TANK. I honestly thought we were overachieving and this is much more of what i expected from us. Brooks is the worst thing to happen to this franchise. Play him 40 minutes a game and lets get back into the top of the lottery

such a frustrating loss.  i love dillon's effort and intensity, but man, just can't fully trust him.  he's a bit overrated as a defender and his offense is so erratic.  he has the benefit of having a huge greenlight and still can't find any efficiency playing against starters or bench.  averages more FGA than points, that's crazy (only him and anthony edwards have that stat in the entire league!).  think about how bad his efficiency will be when winslow and JJJ are back and he's only getting 8-10 shots a game.  the goal should be to maximize ja's strengths --> ja/bane/winslow/JJJ/tillman or gorgui.  would also like to see ja/allen/bane lineups w/ allen and bane firmly planted in the corners daring the opposition to help off and wall off ja.

bench could be tyus/melton and allen/dillon? and allen/brandon and kyle/JV.  Allows JV to be a primary scorer since he never passes out of the post, you have shooting in allen and even melton now, defenders in melton and kyle (and even grayson has become a really good defender).  if dillon is here, then he can also be the secondary "scorer" to JV and defend better against bench wings.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

100% ? they are the same player except Bane shoots better, is stronger, and doesn’t go off script like Dillon how are people not seeing that.

2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Yea that’s really all he does he lead the league in fouls last year that’s not good defense