chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ New Orleans Pelicans - 2/6/21

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

Any time ja turned the corner on the pick he hit a wall,  until we get an actual scorer to help him on the wing we're going to struggle

aint nobody helping off Bane which will keep the floor spread for Ja and Jonas.   Plus Jaren will be back.   We may not have all the pieces to become a contender right now but we have more than enough pieces for Taylor to field a better starting lineup.  Thats all im asking for. 

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Id trade him to the Knicks for Kevin Knox.   Both players are trash but at least Knox wouldn't be a starter. 

Good idea...

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

so that's where you need shooters all around him.

I know it'll come with Jaren, and to a lesser extent Clarke, but you CAN NOT have Brooks out there with Tillman and Dieng and expect Ja to let it fly, it won't happen

Any time were in half court Ja will be met with a wall,  we need scorers, not just shooters. Someone who can score from anywhere

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

so that's where you need shooters all around him.

I know it'll come with Jaren, and to a lesser extent Clarke, but you CAN NOT have Brooks out there with Tillman and Dieng and expect Ja to let it fly, it won't happen

Correct!   I am not understanding why surrounding Ja with shooters isn't the coaching staffs highest priority.   He should be maximizing what Ja can do not Jonas or Dillon or SloMo or Brandon.   Remember who The Franchise is! 

13 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

We shoot 39 3 pointers and make 13 only, almost none in the money time. We loose the game here. But i agree with some strange choices from Jenkins today..

We need to get JJJ and Justise back and then Jenkins needs to stabilize the lineups. 

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Any time were in half court Ja will be met with a wall,  we need scorers, not just shooters. Someone who can score from anywhere

true, but shooters means the opposition D can't just collapse in the paint everytime Ja penetrates, because there is the risk of a kickout to a wide open man

That play that the Pelicans ran where they spaced the floor, then dropped it into the mid post to Zion, we reacted by doubling on him, he just kicked the ball out to a wide open man for the 3 - simple basketball

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

aint nobody helping off Bane which will keep the floor spread for Ja and Jonas.   Plus Jaren will be back.   We may not have all the pieces to become a contender right now but we have more than enough pieces for Taylor to field a better starting lineup.  Thats all im asking for. 

I still believe Tillman is a better fit next to Jaren, and even Ja than JV is.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Playing the post in half court is not really a good scheme,  Bane can't play the whole game,  and Bane can't guard Ingram or Bledsoe under any circumstances.  Gotta play both sides of the ball

15 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

A nice dose of reality which is a good thing.

A nice dose of reality three games in a row. Time to get back to the winning streak.

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Correct!   I am not understanding why surrounding Ja with shooters isn't the coaching staffs highest priority.   He should be maximizing what Ja can do not Jonas or Dillon or SloMo or Brandon.   Remember who The Franchise is! 

yes but it more than that, its about playing simple and effective.

Like that Pelicans play I mention to Kellz - simple ball man

true, but shooters means the opposition D can't just collapse in the paint everytime Ja penetrates, because there is the risk of a kickout to a wide open man

True, but Bane can't play the whole game and he would get exposed defensively.  He's too slow for Drew and he don't stand a chance vs Ingram 

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I still believe Tillman is a better fit next to Jaren, and even Ja than JV is.

we don't know this because they have never played together before.

But we do know that Jaren and Clarke is dy-no-mite - I'll get the reference

JV is still veryt valuable, when space is created, and we start to miss shots, JV goes in, you drop the ball into him in repeat sets for the 2 to keep the board ticking over - like we used to do with Zbo.

These 7-0, 11-2, 14-2 stretches are killing us

JV was putting in work ... high percentage shots and eating glass...

why didn’t we feed him ? 
Could’ve even used some veteran tricks to get Zion reaching and fouling

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

we don't know this because they have never played together before.

But we do know that Jaren and Clarke is dy-no-mite - I'll get the reference

JV is still veryt valuable, when space is created, and we start to miss shots, JV goes in, you drop the ball into him in repeat sets for the 2 to keep the board ticking over - like we used to do with Zbo.

These 7-0, 11-2, 14-2 stretches are killing us

Jaren and Tillman did look good in college

4 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

True, but Bane can't play the whole game and he would get exposed defensively.  He's too slow for Drew and he don't stand a chance vs Ingram 

Well they are willing to play Ja with Tyus in significant stretches, so it can be rotation by committee - Bane, Allen, Melton, and whoever we get in a trade for Dillon

1 minute ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

JV was putting in work ... high percentage shots and eating glass...

why didn’t we feed him ? 
Could’ve even used some veteran tricks to get Zion reaching and fouling

exactly - they just forget about how keeping the scoreboard ticking over can be just as effective as launching 3s over and over

exactly - they just forget about how keeping the scoreboard ticking over can be just as effective as launching 3s over and over

It usually happens for some reason

24 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Ja is a minus 81 the last 3 games. Eighty one!

By far the worst on the team. Let that sink in. 

Change of plans:  keep JV, trade Ja.

10 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

That play that the Pelicans ran where they spaced the floor, then dropped it into the mid post to Zion, we reacted by doubling on him, he just kicked the ball out to a wide open man for the 3 - simple basketball

Amen!  Preach!  Ja did the same thing as well when we were on that run.  Dillon gotta go. 

Right, its in this article

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2021/1/25/22242710/the-grizzlies-starting-five-of-the-future-jaren-jackson-jr-memphis-nba

Its a bit of a bashfest on JV, which I think is a bit unfair but the stats don't lie.

Also if JV was on the 2nd unit, he'd be destroying them like he did tonight, plus he can be put in in situational minutes with the starters when the game becomes a half-court game and Ja is getting walled off

But Dillon subtraction would no doubt improve the stats further

11 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Playing the post in half court is not really a good scheme,  Bane can't play the whole game,  and Bane can't guard Ingram or Bledsoe under any circumstances.  Gotta play both sides of the ball

Bane can guard bledsoe just as well as Dillon can.  Ya'll underestimating his defense.  Besides Bane is a SG have him guard the 2.   Ideally Justise will be the one guarding Ingram or SF.   We don't need Bane to play the whole game. We know Taylor stepson Grayson will get those minutes too.   I just don't want Dillon playing anymore. 

7 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Jaren and Tillman did look good in college

OK, can't remember, didn't see much of Michigan St to remember

Right, its in this article

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2021/1/25/22242710/the-grizzlies-starting-five-of-the-future-jaren-jackson-jr-memphis-nba

Its a bit of a bashfest on JV, which I think is a bit unfair but the stats don't lie.

Also if JV was on the 2nd unit, he'd be destroying them like he did tonight, plus he can be put in in situational minutes with the starters when the game becomes a half-court game and Ja is getting walled off

But Dillon subtraction would no doubt improve the stats further

Yep.  we got a good sneak peak at JV on second unit tonight and it looked good.   

JV is a good matchup to put against the traditional Bigs but ppl gotta remember there aren't many of those starting anymore.    Which is why JV gets exploited so badly on defense majority of the time when he starts.    If he is coming off the bench then we can just sub him in early if one of those traditional Bigs are giving us problems.  

Im sure everyone will see his numbers tonight and clamor for him to be a starter again but i am strictly talking about when Jaren is back.  Jaren/Tillman or Jaren/Clarke should ultimately become the starting Bigs. 

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bane can guard bledsoe just as well as Dillon can.  Ya'll underestimating his defense.  Besides Bane is a SG have him guard the 2.   Ideally Justise will be the one guarding Ingram or SF.   We don't need Bane to play the whole game. We know Taylor stepson Grayson will get those minutes too.   I just don't want Dillon playing anymore. 

No