fanboyslim

Memphis Grizzlies @ San Antonio Spurs 1/30/21

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Saturday, January 30, 7:30 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs San Antonio Spurs

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South | NBA TV

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson  Brandon Clarke Jonas Valanciunas
Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Kyle Anderson Brandon Clarke Jonas Valanciunas

Spurs Starting 5

Dejounte Murray Lonnie Walker IV Demar Derozan Keldon Johnson LaMarcus Aldridge
Dejounte Murray Lonnie Walker IV Demar Derozan Keldon Johnson LaMarcus Aldridge

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Desmond Bane, Gorgui Dieng, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Tim Frazier, John Konchar, Sean McDermott (2way), De'Anthony Melton, Tyus Jones, Jontay Porter (INJ), Killian Tillie (2way), Justise Winslow (INJ) 

San Antonio: Derrick White, Keita Bates-Diop, Patty Mills, Drew Eubanks, Quinndary Weatherspoon, Luka Samanic, Rudy Gay, Devin Vassel, Jakob Poetl, Tre Jones, Trey Lyles 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Spurs: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

If Winslow isn't back by early Feb, there is no way they should pick up that option

Yeah, probably so.  It's sad knowing that Chandler Parsons answered the bell more.

Can one of y’all like shoot me a text as to when the next game is?

real depressing to keep getting pushed back...

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

No guarantee that the Spurs (or Grizzlies) will both be able to play as Spurs game tonight is postponed.

This is getting out of hand

I know it could have a bad look, but I believe the pro athletes across the board need to get the vaccine. think of the jobs associated with these games being played and the advertising.. on top of that, folks (not us of course) use viewing sports as an outlet and it provides a calming effect. 

the problem with my theory would be when teams are offered the vaccine and some of the guys would say no thanks and then the general pop would be ******. i say fly over us with dust croppers.  

beyond over it,

slim.

The funniest thing the league has done has to ban the extended postgame handshake/hug between guys who have just been all over each other playing the game.

I'd be curious to know the number of transmissions that have happened during competition of any sport, inside or outside, while athletes were competing.  

I thought the NFL said there was 0, and it is amazing that we have HS and college wrestling going on fine, thousands of HS and youth competitions have been held, and the league is worried about post-game hugs.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The funniest thing the league has done has to ban the extended postgame handshake/hug between guys who have just been all over each other playing the game.

I'd be curious to know the number of transmissions that have happened during competition of any sport, inside or outside, while athletes were competing.  

I thought the NFL said there was 0, and it is amazing that we have HS and college wrestling going on fine, thousands of HS and youth competitions have been held, and the league is worried about post-game hugs.

Hugging is the most lethal form of transmission known to man

Is the team allowed to practice?  What has been the protocol for suspended teams.

I saw the Wizards first game back was a 20 point loss to Spurs.

22 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

"Because of ongoing contact tracing within both the Spurs and Pelicans, neither team has the league-required eight available players to proceed with the scheduled game". Source:  nba.com.

Oh great! Does this mean that our game against the Spurs on Saturday is going to be postponed? 

Has anyone seen stats from CDC or anywhere, that show what percentage of people caught up in contact tracing actually end up testing positive? As I understand it, players get tested daily. If the contact tracing stats show that very few people end up positive, then the nba should scrap the contact tracing. That's my two cents.

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

Oh great! Does this mean that our game against the Spurs on Saturday is going to be postponed? 

Yes, but this could be a very good thing..

Maybe because JJJ and Winslow may be returning soon. Is that what you mean? It's definitely frustrating for us Grizzlies fans.

On 1/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, toocoolkellz said:

Maybe it's time for the league to just pair up the teams whose opponents are contact tracing, and let them play each other.

37 minutes ago, bterry1990 said:

Just saw the grizzlies are practicing today. Hopefully, it is a good sign for Saturday's game.

its sounds like you work for the memphis grizzlies , knows what going on with the grizzlies with only 11 posts 

1 hour ago, bterry1990 said:

Just saw the grizzlies are practicing today. Hopefully, it is a good sign for Saturday's game.

That is good news, thanks. Our long local nightmare might be almost over!

11 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

That is good news, thanks. Our long local nightmare might be almost over!

Where's Justice? WHERE'S OUR THIRD HIGHEST PAID PLAYER?!

That doesn't look like him there between Konch and Allen. 

I can be in team practice picture and get the team hyped up from the sideline for $13M. 

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

I can be in team practice picture and get the team hyped up from the sideline for $13M. 

Winslow is about to turn into my favorite super hero next season — Expiring Contract Man.

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

Yeah at least Jaren doubles as our unofficial team mascot.

15 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Winslow is about to turn into my favorite super hero next season — Expiring Contract Man.

You mean THIS year right? 

3 hours ago, bterry1990 said:

NBA.com and NBA League Pass are indicating that Saturday's game against the Spurs is ON. Fingers crossed for the next 72 hours.