Sign in to follow this  
toocoolkellz

Suns fans on Booker

I took a little trip to the Suns page to look at what they were saying about the MLK game. What was surprising is they talk about Booker similarly to the way we talk about Brooks 

Things like he'd make a great 6th man

His hero ball costs us games, etc... 

I was absolutely mind blown,  we would trade a portion of our left reproductive organ for a player like Booker,  but some Suns fans didn't seem to have a high opinion of him. What are you guys thoughts? Just a little something to keep us busy since they've canceled so many games 😪

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

I took a little trip to the Suns page to look at what they were saying about the MLK game. What was surprising is they talk about Booker similarly to the way we talk about Brooks 

Things like he'd make a great 6th man

His hero ball costs us games, etc... 

I was absolutely mind blown,  we would trade a portion of our left reproductive organ for a player like Booker,  but some Suns fans didn't seem to have a high opinion of him. What are you guys thoughts? Just a little something to keep us busy since they've canceled so many games 😪

Most fans are more critical of their own players. They see all of their flaws and in addition to that, if the team is not winning at a rate they expect, then they blame certain players. From the outside looking in, we see stats and see our team play against them here and there and have totally different expectations. There's a reason they were losing for so long, not saying it was Booker, but he wasn't helping.

5 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Most fans are more critical of their own players. They see all of their flaws and in addition to that, if the team is not winning at a rate they expect, then they blame certain players. From the outside looking in, we see stats and see our team play against them here and there and have totally different expectations. There's a reason they were losing for so long, not saying it was Booker, but he wasn't helping.

If he can't help we got a few picks and some players to take him off you guys hands

4 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Bookers is trash I don't want him anywhere near our team.

Stat padder

Booker and Trae Young are players cut from the same cloth. High point totals that don't translate to winning.

12 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Booker and Trae Young are players cut from the same cloth. High point totals that don't translate to winning.

To be fair he's been on horrible teams

4 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Trash is a gross exaggeration 

Well you know what I mean dude has 0 impact on the game when it comes to Ws.

His teams are horrible because he makes them horrible all he wants is his stats amd that's it.

11 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Well you know what I mean dude has 0 impact on the game when it comes to Ws.

His teams are horrible because he makes them horrible all he wants is his stats amd that's it.

If you take him of the past Suns teams he was on, I doubt they'd be much better, they'd be lucky to win a game. They're having a good year and they didn't do too bad last year without Paul.  

He's been slightly down this year, but last year he averaged 26ppg on 49% from the floor and over 35% from 3. That's elite no matter how you slice it. His "down" year this year he's still shooting almost 47% and 34% while averaging 22ppg. I'd take that any day of the week. 

15 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

He's been slightly down this year, but last year he averaged 26ppg on 49% from the floor and over 35% from 3. That's elite no matter how you slice it. His "down" year this year he's still shooting almost 47% and 34% while averaging 22ppg. I'd take that any day of the week. 

No kidding. Y'all are crazy if you think he's just a stat padder. 

He is having a bit of a tough time adjusting to the snail's pace that they are playing at with the addition of CP3 to run the show, but he's still awesome. He had a terrible game against us after a week off due to the contract tracing stuff, but he's miles better than any wing we have on the roster. 

If he improved his playmaking a bit (which i think he'll be forced to with them playing in the half court so often this year), he will be an all-star every year.

50 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

And any reasonable coach would say, "If you can keep that percentage, I don't care if you take ALL the team's shots."   

Rabbithole time: https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/field-goals-attempted 
Shots per game: Booker is 26th at 17 per game, Brooks is 37th at less than 16 and is the highest Griz. 
Beal is all alone on top at 24.5 shots per game, understandable on his team.

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

No kidding. Y'all are crazy if you think he's just a stat padder. 

He is having a bit of a tough time adjusting to the snail's pace that they are playing at with the addition of CP3 to run the show, but he's still awesome. He had a terrible game against us after a week off due to the contract tracing stuff, but he's miles better than any wing we have on the roster. 

If he improved his playmaking a bit (which i think he'll be forced to with them playing in the half court so often this year), he will be an all-star every year.

I agree. I would not open the bank to have him in a Grizzlies uniform but he is a good player. 

Yea I think if Booker was on a good team where he didn’t have to do much but score he’d be awesome I think suns fans are upset cause he’s their best player but he probably shouldn’t be the first piece you start building with cause all you see are his stats but team losses cause everyone else isn’t as good at their roles as he is.

I swear, people on these boards hate scorers. Of course a scorer alone can’t bring you wins, but when you add dudes around him that do other things that team is a monster.

Look at Kyrie next to LeBron, Kyrie by himself worst team in the league. Air drop LeBron and they don’t get a ring in Cleveland without Kyrie. 

Same deal here. We have Ja as the make everyone better guy and playmaker, Jaren as our Big Scorer and a bunch of players ready to play supporting roles. Drop in a Devin Booker, Zach Lavine or Bradley Beal and we would be a real problem in the West right now. 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

I swear, people on these boards hate scorers. Of course a scorer alone can’t bring you wins, but when you add dudes around him that do other things that team is a monster.

Look at Kyrie next to LeBron, Kyrie by himself worst team in the league. Air drop LeBron and they don’t get a ring in Cleveland without Kyrie. 

Same deal here. We have Ja as the make everyone better guy and playmaker, Jaren as our Big Scorer and a bunch of players ready to play supporting roles. Drop in a Devin Booker, Zach Lavine or Bradley Beal and we would be a real problem in the West right now. 

Agreed we just gotta find away to add that piece without depleting all our very good role guys. So it’s smarter to find someone on the brink of becoming the next big time scoring guard (via draft) or find one that isn’t gonna cost the entire bank (super disgruntled Lavine, or Buddy Heild types)

To be totally honest I think we already have our scorer on the roster in Bane we just have to unleash him he has to do his part as far as continuing to develop is concerned but he has the tools to be a big time scorer and he’s shown that he is more than just catch and shoot

19 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Agreed we just gotta find away to add that piece without depleting all our very good role guys. So it’s smarter to find someone on the brink of becoming the next big time scoring guard (via draft) or find one that isn’t gonna cost the entire bank (super disgruntled Lavine, or Buddy Heild types)

To be totally honest I think we already have our scorer on the roster in Bane we just have to unleash him he has to do his part as far as continuing to develop is concerned but he has the tools to be a big time scorer and he’s shown that he is more than just catch and shoot

I like Bane and all but nah he ain't that. 

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I like Bane and all but nah he ain't that. 

This just year one Zach Lavine year one everyone started out being rookies who had to find their role I think Bane is more than a catch and shoot guy is he Devin Booker or Bradley Beal maybe not but his game can easily get to another level of he’s unleashed and given the green light. 

I don’t really remember any of these guys coming straight into the league and it be obvious that they were gonna be stars so I’ll give Bane the benefit of a doubt when it comes to his progress going forward. 

Is he really 6'5? I always thought of him as undersized. I'm not a super close follower of the NBA outside of the Grizzlies but I've seen Booker play several times against the Grizzlies and never would have guessed he was 6'5. I thought he and De'Aaron Fox were about the same size.

4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Critical of their own players example:

Almost every time a player signs a contract here, there will be an series of posts on how the player is overpaid.

In the event the player is the highest paid on team, any time said player isn't playing at top of the league level, there will be a constant chorus on the fact that said player is way overpaid, and it is their fault the team didn't win (see Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, Mike Conley for recent examples).

Grizzlies fans love their players until that player gets a big contract. (This is followed by posts of love for potential draft picks and role players from other teams).  

I don't undestand why people think I'm crazy with the Booker hate??

Dude is one of the worst defenders in the NBA in the past 3 years he has 0 leadership skills and refuses to past the ball.

Plus there has been reports/rumours  that he is a TERRIBLE  teammate.

Do you guys really want thar here?????!!!!!

5 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

I don't undestand why people think I'm crazy with the Booker hate??

Dude is one of the worst defenders in the NBA in the past 3 years he has 0 leadership skills and refuses to past the ball.

Plus there has been reports/rumours  that he is a TERRIBLE  teammate.

Do you guys really want thar here?????!!!!!

How does he refuse to pass the ball? He has been the pg for Phoenix and did a solid job for a guy who isn't a natural pg. 

But yes, I would love him because you can't imitate the skill of being able to score one on one on virtually anyone when games get tight and defenses start locking down.  You need this more than anything when things get tight... like in the bubble when the Suns went 8-0 where he showed what he can do under pressure. 

Devin is no different than Zach or Bradley. All three are great scorers but shouldn’t be your best player or lead your team because their scoring will not equate to wins. My issue is that people easily dismiss Zach as if he is not just as good. But anyone of the three would help the Grizz be legit contenders.