Sign in to follow this  
GameOn

Team Hero Suns @ Grizzlies 01/18/21

TH:  Ja. Tied with BC for team high of 17 points. He also had a double double. He's still rusty as heck, but getting better.

HM:  Grayson Allen. 16 points and had a real impact in this game. The 4 in a row FT's at the end were BIG.

11 minutes ago, GameOn said:

TH:  Ja. Tied with BC for team high of 17 points. He also had a double double. He's still rusty as heck, but getting better.

HM:  Grayson Allen. 16 points and had a real impact in this game. The 4 in a row FT's at the end were BIG.

I'll go with that.  It was a great team effort too.

17 minutes ago, GameOn said:

I'm in

I wanna give BC the nod, but Ja was too clutch, so he's team hero. 

BC really did work for us against Ayton and their bigs with Jonas out. His defense is stellar all over the floor and on switches. 

This team has a higher ceiling than any other previous iteration IMO. If the old GNG Grizzlies had a real scoring wing, like Paul George or Brandon Ingram, just as examples, we might have won a title. But we never did, so we were capped. This team seems like it could be a legit title contender 3-4 years from now if we get one more real all-star level piece.

27 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

This team has a higher ceiling than any other previous iteration IMO. If the old GNG Grizzlies had a real scoring wing, like Paul George or Brandon Ingram, just as examples, we might have won a title. But we never did, so we were capped. This team seems like it could be a legit title contender 3-4 years from now if we get one more real all-star level piece.

The biggest difference is a competent front office. Now we just gotta make the moves to sign talent or trade for talent. We've seen that they can assess talent and they're willing to go after players they're high on.  In two years they're batting 100 in drafts. Now let's see what kind of moves they can make in trades and free agency.  

I listened to the game on the radio on my way up from Tx. as bad as it sounded to me on Brooks game today, the radio guys said he was great on defense and holding Booker down. IDK. Great win.

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

I wanna give BC the nod, but Ja was too clutch, so he's team hero. 

BC really did work for us against Ayton and their bigs with Jonas out. His defense is stellar all over the floor and on switches. 

I was debating BC vs Ja, for TH, but I had to give it to Ja.

5 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

I listened to the game on the radio on my way up from Tx. as bad as it sounded to me on Brooks game today, the radio guys said he was great on defense and holding Booker down. IDK. Great win.

He was terrible on offense but he clamped down on Booker without getting in foul trouble (I’m still ****** at that ridiculous blocking foul call). Still, I agreed with Jenkins’ decision of benching him to close the game.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

He was terrible on offense but he clamped down on Booker without getting in foul trouble (I’m still ****** at that ridiculous blocking foul call). Still, I agreed with Jenkins’ decision of benching him to close the game.

Yeah but is clear that a Dillon that reduce his forced shoots and play his usual defense has a place in the roster. I like Dillon, Im really torn between keeping him or trading him for a better player. 

3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Yeah but is clear that a Dillon that reduce his forced shoots and play his usual defense has a place in the roster. I like Dillon, Im really torn between keeping him or trading him for a better player. 

I personally think he's a keeper, he is an overall positive player, he seems to be receptive to coaching, and he seems to be liked in the locker room. Plus he's on a team friendly contract. But if he's the missing piece for a trade that will push us to the next level I'll be there to help him pack his bags.

12 hours ago, GameOn said:

I'll add X man Sr to HM:  His defense was huge as well and stepped up nicely into starting role. 

4 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Everybody.

A real gut-check win.  It's a "screw tanking" statement game.

Every game should be a screw tanking game. We should never even think about tanking. It's dumb, especially for a young team that already has its stars on the team. 

30 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Every game should be a screw tanking game. We should never even think about tanking. It's dumb, especially for a young team that already has its stars on the team. 

but but....Suggs is very very good....oh well...Kispert is good enough 

23 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

I get it. But the Knicks tanked all year for Zion, and now look at them. New lottery odds make tanking a poor gamble.

And young players need to be coached to win. Off my soapbox, lol.

I think that is part of Atlanta's problem now.  You give a young player like Trae Young the keys to do whatever because the consequences weren't there, and now when they are playing for something, it is hard to pull him back to play to win.

a balance attack by the whole team .Great job in the 4qt being down by 5-6 points then going on a 11-2 run late to win by 4pts , this was by far the best game the Grizzlies played this year GREAT JOB MEMPHIS 

7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I personally think he's a keeper, he is an overall positive player, he seems to be receptive to coaching, and he seems to be liked in the locker room. Plus he's on a team friendly contract. But if he's the missing piece for a trade that will push us to the next level I'll be there to help him pack his bags.

12 million to shoot 36% from the field and 32% from 3 isn't team friendly, it's team killing.

His defense is solid when he's not fouling uncontrollably but he shoots us out of games. It's a real issue. I don't see that his defensive intensity is more valuable than Bane and Allen who also play solid D and shoot great and play within themselves.

19 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Great time to be a Grizzlies fan.

20 hours ago, GameOn said:

I'll go with that too

5 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

I’m seeing reports of Grayson Allen taking prospective college players on unauthorized tours of the FedEx Forum..

On 1/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I'll add X man Sr to HM:  His defense was huge as well and stepped up nicely into starting role. 

I know. But I'm trying to stick to the "purist" version on TH/HM. Maybe we need a 3rd category like "shout out" or something like that, where we can give out well deserved kudos?

On 1/19/2021 at 12:21 PM, I❤️JV said:

It sucks when you realize that your "beautiful dream" is slipping away 😥

On 1/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, lions said:

a balance attack by the whole team .Great job in the 4qt being down by 5-6 points then going on a 11-2 run late to win by 4pts , this was by far the best game the Grizzlies played this year GREAT JOB MEMPHIS 

Good to see the young guys learning how to close out a game.