Sign in to follow this  
GameOn

Team Hero Suns @ Grizzlies 01/18/21

Recommended Posts

TH:  Ja. Tied with BC for team high of 17 points. He also had a double double. He's still rusty as heck, but getting better.

HM:  Grayson Allen. 16 points and had a real impact in this game. The 4 in a row FT's at the end were BIG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GameOn said:

TH:  Ja. Tied with BC for team high of 17 points. He also had a double double. He's still rusty as heck, but getting better.

HM:  Grayson Allen. 16 points and had a real impact in this game. The 4 in a row FT's at the end were BIG.

I'll go with that.  It was a great team effort too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GameOn said:

TH:  Ja. Tied with BC for team high of 17 points. He also had a double double. He's still rusty as heck, but getting better.

HM:  Grayson Allen. 16 points and had a real impact in this game. The 4 in a row FT's at the end were BIG.

I'm in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna give BC the nod, but Ja was too clutch, so he's team hero. 

BC really did work for us against Ayton and their bigs with Jonas out. His defense is stellar all over the floor and on switches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team has a higher ceiling than any other previous iteration IMO. If the old GNG Grizzlies had a real scoring wing, like Paul George or Brandon Ingram, just as examples, we might have won a title. But we never did, so we were capped. This team seems like it could be a legit title contender 3-4 years from now if we get one more real all-star level piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

This team has a higher ceiling than any other previous iteration IMO. If the old GNG Grizzlies had a real scoring wing, like Paul George or Brandon Ingram, just as examples, we might have won a title. But we never did, so we were capped. This team seems like it could be a legit title contender 3-4 years from now if we get one more real all-star level piece.

The biggest difference is a competent front office. Now we just gotta make the moves to sign talent or trade for talent. We've seen that they can assess talent and they're willing to go after players they're high on.  In two years they're batting 100 in drafts. Now let's see what kind of moves they can make in trades and free agency.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to the game on the radio on my way up from Tx. as bad as it sounded to me on Brooks game today, the radio guys said he was great on defense and holding Booker down. IDK. Great win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

I wanna give BC the nod, but Ja was too clutch, so he's team hero. 

BC really did work for us against Ayton and their bigs with Jonas out. His defense is stellar all over the floor and on switches. 

I was debating BC vs Ja, for TH, but I had to give it to Ja.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

I listened to the game on the radio on my way up from Tx. as bad as it sounded to me on Brooks game today, the radio guys said he was great on defense and holding Booker down. IDK. Great win.

He was terrible on offense but he clamped down on Booker without getting in foul trouble (I’m still ****** at that ridiculous blocking foul call). Still, I agreed with Jenkins’ decision of benching him to close the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

He was terrible on offense but he clamped down on Booker without getting in foul trouble (I’m still ****** at that ridiculous blocking foul call). Still, I agreed with Jenkins’ decision of benching him to close the game.

Yeah but is clear that a Dillon that reduce his forced shoots and play his usual defense has a place in the roster. I like Dillon, Im really torn between keeping him or trading him for a better player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Yeah but is clear that a Dillon that reduce his forced shoots and play his usual defense has a place in the roster. I like Dillon, Im really torn between keeping him or trading him for a better player. 

I personally think he's a keeper, he is an overall positive player, he seems to be receptive to coaching, and he seems to be liked in the locker room. Plus he's on a team friendly contract. But if he's the missing piece for a trade that will push us to the next level I'll be there to help him pack his bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GameOn said:

TH:  Ja. Tied with BC for team high of 17 points. He also had a double double. He's still rusty as heck, but getting better.

HM:  Grayson Allen. 16 points and had a real impact in this game. The 4 in a row FT's at the end were BIG.

I'll add X man Sr to HM:  His defense was huge as well and stepped up nicely into starting role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Everybody.

A real gut-check win.  It's a "screw tanking" statement game.

Every game should be a screw tanking game. We should never even think about tanking. It's dumb, especially for a young team that already has its stars on the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Every game should be a screw tanking game. We should never even think about tanking. It's dumb, especially for a young team that already has its stars on the team. 

but but....Suggs is very very good....oh well...Kispert is good enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

but but....Suggs is very very good....oh well...Kispert is good enough 

I get it. But the Knicks tanked all year for Zion, and now look at them. New lottery odds make tanking a poor gamble.

And young players need to be coached to win. Off my soapbox, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that is part of Atlanta's problem now.  You give a young player like Trae Young the keys to do whatever because the consequences weren't there, and now when they are playing for something, it is hard to pull him back to play to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a balance attack by the whole team .Great job in the 4qt being down by 5-6 points then going on a 11-2 run late to win by 4pts , this was by far the best game the Grizzlies played this year GREAT JOB MEMPHIS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I personally think he's a keeper, he is an overall positive player, he seems to be receptive to coaching, and he seems to be liked in the locker room. Plus he's on a team friendly contract. But if he's the missing piece for a trade that will push us to the next level I'll be there to help him pack his bags.

12 million to shoot 36% from the field and 32% from 3 isn't team friendly, it's team killing.

His defense is solid when he's not fouling uncontrollably but he shoots us out of games. It's a real issue. I don't see that his defensive intensity is more valuable than Bane and Allen who also play solid D and shoot great and play within themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

This team has a higher ceiling than any other previous iteration IMO. If the old GNG Grizzlies had a real scoring wing, like Paul George or Brandon Ingram, just as examples, we might have won a title. But we never did, so we were capped. This team seems like it could be a legit title contender 3-4 years from now if we get one more real all-star level piece.

Great time to be a Grizzlies fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GameOn said:

TH:  Ja. Tied with BC for team high of 17 points. He also had a double double. He's still rusty as heck, but getting better.

HM:  Grayson Allen. 16 points and had a real impact in this game. The 4 in a row FT's at the end were BIG.

I'll go with that too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

but but....Suggs is very very good....oh well...Kispert is good enough 

I’m seeing reports of Grayson Allen taking prospective college players on unauthorized tours of the FedEx Forum..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I'll add X man Sr to HM:  His defense was huge as well and stepped up nicely into starting role. 

I know. But I'm trying to stick to the "purist" version on TH/HM. Maybe we need a 3rd category like "shout out" or something like that, where we can give out well deserved kudos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 12:21 PM, I❤️JV said:

but but....Suggs is very very good....oh well...Kispert is good enough 

It sucks when you realize that your "beautiful dream" is slipping away 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, lions said:

a balance attack by the whole team .Great job in the 4qt being down by 5-6 points then going on a 11-2 run late to win by 4pts , this was by far the best game the Grizzlies played this year GREAT JOB MEMPHIS 

Good to see the young guys learning how to close out a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this