BigHunkALove

Grizzlies/NBA trade deadline 2021 and beyond

21 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

The great hope and myth of the magical consolidation trade dies a slow death. 

Only if you wanna trade years worth of picks  . 

We still have the assets to pull off a consolidation trade.   We never parted with the 2022 Lakers pick.     I still hope they flip Tyus + Grayson or Melton into a bigger vet backup PG.     I don't want to go into next season with the 3 SG lineup.   I can see Kyle starting at SF till Z is ready to take it from him so i no longer see Bane starting.  

25 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Westbrook on LAL is highly suspect , i  generally like it for both teams though . Moving Westbrook was 100% the right move , lakers probably couldnt do much better with that trade package . At the end of the day that a lot of talent on the lakers , dont hear of many other teams that have vets lined up and ready to sign which is sad for the NBA.

I think Westbrook will be good for them in regular season because he goes 100% all the time.

It will be real interesting when it gets to be playoff basketball and LeBron takes the ball out of his hands and sends him to the corner like Harden did in Houston.

Some rumblings that there may have been an option to trade JV + 17 for Bagley Jr. + 9; not sure if it would've required additional pieces, but how would folks have felt about that trade instead of the one that happened? Assume that we would've still drafted Ziaire at #9 (since I doubt we were going to draft Davion Mitchell).

2 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Some rumblings that there may have been an option to trade JV + 17 for Bagley Jr. + 9; not sure if it would've required additional pieces, but how would folks have felt about that trade instead of the one that happened? Assume that we would've still drafted Ziaire at #9 (since I doubt we were going to draft Davion Mitchell).

You need a true 5 on the roster. I’m good with getting Steven Adams and the 10 over Bagley

36 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Westbrook on LAL is highly suspect , i  generally like it for both teams though . Moving Westbrook was 100% the right move , lakers probably couldnt do much better with that trade package . At the end of the day that a lot of talent on the lakers , dont hear of many other teams that have vets lined up and ready to sign which is sad for the NBA.

Agree and I love it.

Wizards make a really good trade. Westbrook can't shoot at all, and makes $44M this year and $47M next. And the Wiz got good assets for him, plus the 22nd pick. Lakers are going to miss KCP, a very quiet 41% from 3, the team's best perimeter defender the last couple of years. 

3 minutes ago, King Dork said:

You need a true 5 on the roster. I’m good with getting Steven Adams and the 10 over Bagley

Same here.   I think Adams is a good fit for a bruiser/rebounder/enforcer.   The fact that he won't require the ball on offense is being severely underrated. 

5 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

I like neither trade. But it's much better than the Pels trade, because we don't have the $18M black hole of Bledsoe with the Kings deal.

And wouldn't have to pay Adams $18M in '22'-23. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

I like neither trade. But it's much better than the Pels trade, because we don't have the $18M black hole of Bledsoe with the Kings deal.

And wouldn't have to pay Adams $18M in '22'-23. 

This deal only happens if they knowHolmes leaves  or balloons into something with Hield , i doubt they eat JV salary for Bagley straight up .

The obvious what if trade for me is JV,17 for CHA pick . Creates tons of salary and we move up . Instead cha moved up and ate 8 m for plumlee which is a great trade for them .

1 minute ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

This deal only happens if they knowHolmes leaves  or balloons into something with Hield , i doubt they eat JV salary for Bagley straight up .

The obvious what if trade for me is JV,17 for CHA pick . Creates tons of salary and we move up . Instead cha moved up and ate 8 m for plumlee which is a great trade for them .

Charlotte has done well. After we blew it, they get Bouknight with great value at 11.

Then Kai at 19, he was mocked higher a lot too.

Plumlee was a low cost move. 

4 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Charlotte has done well. After we blew it, they get Bouknight with great value at 11.

Then Kai at 19, he was mocked higher a lot too.

Plumlee was a low cost move. 

Finally , things are looking up for CHA  , a team that cant stop stepping on their own feet and spinning their wheels . Now they must make a head scratching move as is tradition .

10 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Finally , things are looking up for CHA  , a team that cant stop stepping on their own feet and spinning their wheels . Now they must make a head scratching move as is tradition .

LaMelo ROY last year. If Hayward can stay healthy, they have a lot of pieces. MJ just needs to stay out of the way. 

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

My guess is that Sac asked for a future firrst, whereas we got a future first in the Pels deal

14 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

My guess is that Sac asked for a future firrst, whereas we got a future first in the Pels deal

Surely... because that SAC deal without that element is objectively a way better deal. 

21 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Surely... because that SAC deal without that element is objectively a way better deal. 

Windhorst said It was a 1st round pick swap , even then i think it fell apart for other reasons besides us .maybe depended in lakers going after hield... If it was as simple as it looks the pels would just do it imho 

Anyone want Bledsoe?

17 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Weird off-season so far. Loving it. Hoping we get in some of these trades 

We will have to make some moves.

11 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We still have the assets to pull off a consolidation trade.   We never parted with the 2022 Lakers pick.     I still hope they flip Tyus + Grayson or Melton into a bigger vet backup PG.     I don't want to go into next season with the 3 SG lineup.   I can see Kyle starting at SF till Z is ready to take it from him so i no longer see Bane starting.  

Brogdon

11 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Agree and I love it.

Wizards make a really good trade. Westbrook can't shoot at all, and makes $44M this year and $47M next. And the Wiz got good assets for him, plus the 22nd pick. Lakers are going to miss KCP, a very quiet 41% from 3, the team's best perimeter defender the last couple of years. 

I can see the Lakers pick ending up in the 12-18 range.