Jump to content
BigHunkALove

Grizzlies/NBA trade deadline 2021 and beyond

Recommended Posts

It's a great trade.....if we're not interested in making the playoffs this year.

I think they're willing to take short term pain for longer term gain. Now they get an extended look at JJJ at C and can draft a Wagner/Jalen/Moody. Pelicans probably were only gonna do it if we took both Adams/Bledsoe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I do think saying it's only a way to move up 7 spots is underselling it too. The difference between picking at 17 and 10 is huge, especially if they are trying to keep going up

I agree with that too. On average in the last 11 years there has been about 1 Allstar caliber player per year available at 10 that was gone by 17. And this draft is better than many especially at the wing.  I'm putting my faith in this draft for that final piece, not JV or some cap space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cdp said:

It's a great trade.....if we're not interested in making the playoffs this year.

I think they're willing to take short term pain for longer term gain. Now they get an extended look at JJJ at C and can draft a Wagner/Jalen/Moody. Pelicans probably were only gonna do it if we took both Adams/Bledsoe.

To be honest, I don't think anyone expected us to make the playoffs last season. From here on out, I will not assume with this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dwash said:

My point is that you seem heavily critical of today's moves and seem to be cynical of everyone's excitement.  When they made a move to get closer to the lottery talent (whether he be at 10 or possibly earlier) that you yourself have consistently said they need.  Sorry but that just sounds strange to me. 

I'm not being cynical of anyone else's opinion. That's their opinion. Now you got people like GTF who likes to put words in people's mouths to make his point and flip flops but in general, hat's their opinion. I'm not a fan of Bledsoe. At this time, I'm not sure if there is a big difference between the #10 pick and the #17 pick. That's why I posted a historical list of of #10 picks. It all depends on what you are trying to do. I have no clue what the front office is trying to do. If they were trying to build off of last season and move up in the playoff race next season, I don't think this move helps. They could make more moves but I can only speak on what has been done. If they are looking to continue to rebuild, then this move makes sense since we got a future first round pick, doesn't mean I have to like it. I have no clue where this team is trying to go. Personally, i feel the front office needs to be more transparent with it's fans. 

7 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I do think saying it's only a way to move up 7 spots is underselling it too. The difference between picking at 17 and 10 is huge, especially if they are trying to keep going up

Maybe, maybe not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

To be honest, I don't think anyone expected us to make the playoffs last season. From here on out, I will not assume with this team.

I sure did, so that is not true. 

But in their defense, a lot of posters want to be the next Sacramento Kings and lose every year so we can have really fun draft nights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

Also - trade value aside, don't we run the risk here of having the guy the FO truly wants being off the board by doing this trade so far ahead of time? Why not wait until draft night to pull the trigger...?

Hence why immediately the Josh Giddey stuff comes out. They don't want Giddey, they want teams to think that so somebody doesn't trade to 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

I always knew Steven Adams would be a Grizzly some day.

I'm not gonna lie, I do love Steven Adams as a player and as a person... I just don't love his contract or the fact that we had to give up JV to get him.  Meh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Adams can go back to his OKC days of production but I doubt it. I'm not even sure if he will start here (if he stays).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I sure did, so that is not true. 

But in their defense, a lot of posters want to be the next Sacramento Kings and lose every year so we can have really fun draft nights. 

Would you have put the house on it? If so I have these magic beans that are only $1 mill, but for you I'll give you a discount of 3 for 3 mill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Hence why immediately the Josh Giddey stuff comes out. They don't want Giddey, they want teams to think that so somebody doesn't trade to 9

This is my hope. Not a huge fan of Giddey with his lack of shooting and athleticism on the wing. The fit with Ja seems pretty horrendous as well. Both need the ball in the hands to be most effective and would seem to exacerbate each other's weaknesses with poor spacing and defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thegoodguys said:

This is my hope. Not a huge fan of Giddey with his lack of shooting and athleticism on the wing. The fit with Ja seems pretty horrendous as well. Both need the ball in the hands to be most effective and would seem to exacerbate each other's weaknesses with poor spacing and defense

Giddey seems about the worst fit, and who knows what his offensive upside is. I'm honestly not sure why he's top 10: struggles shooting and scoring and defending but wow can he pass.

Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What pick does Scottie Barnes go? The guy is a future star. 5th....6th? Kuminga drops? Interesting day. Only time will tell whether this is good, but my initial reaction was not particularly good, but im reserving judgment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a wild proposal that will never happen

 

MEM sends: 

Kyle Anderson

Grayson Allen

DeAnthony Melton

Eric Bledsoe

2021 #10

2022 Lakers

2022 Jazz

2024 Warriors

 

MEM receives:

Pascal Siakam 

2021 #4

Marcus Smart

 

TOR sends:

Pascal Siakam

2021 #4

 

TOR receives:

Eric Bledsoe

DeAnthony Melton

Peyton Prichard

2023 BOS 1st

2025 BOS 1st

2021 #10

2022 Lakers 1st

2022 Jazz 1st

2024 Warriors 1st

 

BOS sends:

Marcus Smart

Peyton Prichard

2023 BOS 1st

2025 BOS 1st

 

BOS receives:

Kyle Anderson

Grayson Allen



Draft Suggs and Grimes

 

Ja/Suggs/Tyus

Suggs/Smart/Grimes

Brooks/Bane/Konchar

Siakam/Clarke/Tillie

Jaren/Adams/Tillman

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Bledsoe isnt staying. I wonder where he's going. I like Steven Adams. I like pick 10 more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ethan7 said:

Here is a wild proposal that will never happen

 

MEM sends: 

Kyle Anderson

Grayson Allen

DeAnthony Melton

Eric Bledsoe

2021 #10

2022 Lakers

2022 Jazz

2024 Warriors

 

MEM receives:

Pascal Siakam 

2021 #4

Marcus Smart

 

TOR sends:

Pascal Siakam

2021 #4

 

TOR receives:

Eric Bledsoe

DeAnthony Melton

Peyton Prichard

2023 BOS 1st

2025 BOS 1st

2021 #10

2022 Lakers 1st

2022 Jazz 1st

2024 Warriors 1st

 

BOS sends:

Marcus Smart

Peyton Prichard

2023 BOS 1st

2025 BOS 1st

 

BOS receives:

Kyle Anderson

Grayson Allen



Draft Suggs and Grimes

 

Ja/Suggs/Tyus

Suggs/Smart/Grimes

Brooks/Bane/Konchar

Siakam/Clarke/Tillie

Jaren/Adams/Tillman

 

 

Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×