Recommended Posts

I think it is neither, I think Jenkins just has an eye for the future with letting Tillman play the backup C right now. Hard to argue with the results. Dieng played well when given the chance I thought, but Tillman is playing very well in his own right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like dieng, but I also think it would be a mistake to simply let his money roll-off the books naturally. should we not utilize his expiring and see what can be had? any thoughts on that?

 

slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, memphis slim said:

I really like dieng, but I also think it would be a mistake to simply let his money roll-off the books naturally. should we not utilize his expiring and see what can be had? any thoughts on that?

 

slim.

I'm thinking that's the plan, just waiting for the right deal. Obviously if a trade comes up that needs salary cap filler, he's a prime candidate for that. No need to make a deal to just make a deal though, some cap space would be nice as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ok giving Tillman the backup C minutes over Dieng now that Xavier is healthy.  We need to get a good look at our draft pick to see what he can be against NBA competition, and the early returns are good imo.  Tillman looks like a solid nba rotation player so far to me, which for a rookie 2nd round pick is a great start.

Nothing against Gorgui.  In this crazy season I'm sure we'll still need him some nights, so long as he remains on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tillman is a pleasant surprise to be this fearless this soon.  Nobody is going to "kick sand in his face" as he already has that "NBA" look about him.  Yet, he is listed at 6-8 and this is not the generation that Wes Unseld started at center at 6-7.  Just sayin'

Bane doesn't have the rookie "dear in the headlights" thing ever either.  He is build like an outside linebacker which helps and there is plenty of frame there to add more muscle to.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

I really like dieng, but I also think it would be a mistake to simply let his money roll-off the books naturally. should we not utilize his expiring and see what can be had? any thoughts on that?

I agree, I think they FO is looking to use him in a trade and thought about that when they acquired him. Problem is, his number is HUGE. 

$17.2 M he is getting paid this year. #1 on our team.

If there is a deal out there for his contract, it would be someone trying to get off of money for next year. and who is getting paid enough this year to match that number, that a team doesn't want to pay next year? Probably nobody we'd want. Anyone who would trade for him is probably going to be asking for a 1st or BC to give us a player worth anything. So my guess is he's just going to roll off the books and the Winslow trade is going to continue to look worse. Especially when Winslow, Dieng and Waiters are 3 of the top 4 of the salaries on our books this year (NOT ONE OF THEM IS PLAYING AT THE MOMENT). 

One thing I thought about though was that we could jump into someone else's trade and include Dieng to make the numbers work for them. Not sure what realistic scenarios there are for that tho. I'm not optimistic :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

I really like dieng, but I also think it would be a mistake to simply let his money roll-off the books naturally. should we not utilize his expiring and see what can be had? any thoughts on that?

 

slim.

Maybe something like this...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y635lyyv

We give than the Jazz pick and maybe a protected of our own.

 

Ja/Tyus

Fournier/Melton/Allen/Konchar

Dillon/SlowMo/Bane

Jaren/Clarke/Gordon/Porter

JV/Tillman

 

Only Ja and Jaren, maybe Tyus, injuries would hurt us big. And we would have a lot options if we do make the Playoffs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, memphis slim said:

I really like dieng, but I also think it would be a mistake to simply let his money roll-off the books naturally. should we not utilize his expiring and see what can be had? any thoughts on that?

 

slim.

Definitely think they should look to move him but his contract is pretty big so you would have to take on someone’s deal with years on it and hopefully get some sort of decent compensation in return. Maybe by deadline time the disgruntled wings like Lavine Heild or Beal will be available but who knows if the FO is interested in those types of deals right now

other guys that “could” be available 

Harrison Barnes

Otto Porter

Fournier

Terrance Ross

Terry Rozier

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Maybe something like this...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y635lyyv

We give than the Jazz pick and maybe a protected of our own.

 

Ja/Tyus

Fournier/Melton/Allen/Konchar

Dillon/SlowMo/Bane

Jaren/Clarke/Gordon/Porter

JV/Tillman

 

Only Ja and Jaren, maybe Tyus, injuries would hurt us big. And we would have a lot options if we do make the Playoffs. 

 

I thought Orlando was playing well this year? They aren’t doing that deal and neither are the Grizz. I think a Dieng deal is centered around someone with years left on their current deal so that knocks the options down quite a bit since his contract is so big Zach Lavine is someone to watch though he has to be getting frustrated in Chicago question is what would they want for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, costarica2 said:

Deng is great guy the problem is his awful contract.

It’s expiring and is a trade chip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I thought Orlando was playing well this year? They aren’t doing that deal and neither are the Grizz. I think a Dieng deal is centered around someone with years left on their current deal so that knocks the options down quite a bit since his contract is so big Zach Lavine is someone to watch though he has to be getting frustrated in Chicago question is what would they want for him?

You are probably right, but I like Gordon and Fournier, both would help in a Playoff series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

Maybe something like this...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y635lyyv

We give than the Jazz pick and maybe a protected of our own.

 

Ja/Tyus

Fournier/Melton/Allen/Konchar

Dillon/SlowMo/Bane

Jaren/Clarke/Gordon/Porter

JV/Tillman

 

The Magic wouldn't do that. They want more than that for Aaron Gordon. He's a starter on a playoff team, signed for only $16.4M next season, so a value contract. Also we wouldn't do it, why do we need another 4?

Fournier is an interesting target. Magic could slide Terrence Ross, who is averaging 16.5 points pg off the bench, into Fournier's starting slot, and Ross is signed for 2 more years past this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Allen said:

It’s expiring and is a trade chip

Just because a player's contract is expiring doesn't mean it's a trade chip of any value. Around 40% of players are free agents every summer in the new, shorter contract NBA. 

Like other's have said, we would need to find another team wanting to get off a longer contract. But those deals are hard to find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Just because a player's contract is expiring doesn't mean it's a trade chip of any value. Around 40% of players are free agents every summer in the new, shorter contract NBA. 

Like other's have said, we would need to find another team wanting to get off a longer contract. But those deals are hard to find. 

No they aren’t. His contract can also be used to help facilitate a trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Allen said:

No they aren’t. His contract can also be used to help facilitate a trade. 

Then tell us a team out of the playoffs at the trade deadline just dying to trade a wing on a multi-year deal that Kleiman both will like the contract and like the player on that contract better than the wings we already have. You know, since they aren't hard to find. 

Some of you act like a vastly overpaid backup center is suddenly worth something just because his contract is ending. The great majority of expiring contracts are not traded and simply become free agents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I view moving Dieng before the trade deadline as an outside possibility at best.  I do think it is more likely than not we just let his contract expire.  Don't have a problem with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Then tell us a team out of the playoffs at the trade deadline just dying to trade a wing on a multi-year deal that Kleiman both will like the contract and like the player on that contract better than the wings we already have. You know, since they aren't hard to find. 

Some of you act like a vastly overpaid backup center is suddenly worth something just because his contract is ending. The great majority of expiring contracts are not traded and simply become free agents. 

We’re probably going to trade him for a bad contract and a pick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the Bulls aren't very good, I could see them moving LaVine. Dieng, Grayson, and our first this year (I believe we can trade ours because we did technically have a first rounder this year) would work well salary wise. They might want more than that, but we certainly have assets to use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Since the Bulls aren't very good, I could see them moving LaVine. Dieng, Grayson, and our first this year (I believe we can trade ours because we did technically have a first rounder this year) would work well salary wise. They might want more than that, but we certainly have assets to use. 

No way they need to trade this years first for Lavine. A future 1st or maybe Utah’s first is doable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Since the Bulls aren't very good, I could see them moving LaVine. Dieng, Grayson, and our first this year (I believe we can trade ours because we did technically have a first rounder this year) would work well salary wise. They might want more than that, but we certainly have assets to use. 

 

30 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

No way they need to trade this years first for Lavine. A future 1st or maybe Utah’s first is doable 

I’d give any first they want for that deal. All this young core needs is a real wing bucket getter to be a legit up next squad along side of New Orleans and Dallas. Keeping every young core asset and getting Lavine would be a dream scenario. Ja, Lavine, Justice, JJJ, JV with BC, Tyus and Melton off the bench is a dangerous squad. (Yes I know Winslow hasn’t played yet but at minimum he can be this groups Tony Allen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, King Dork said:

 

I’d give any first they want for that deal. All this young core needs is a real wing bucket getter to be a legit up next squad along side of New Orleans and Dallas. Keeping every young core asset and getting Lavine would be a dream scenario. Ja, Lavine, Justice, JJJ, JV with BC, Tyus and Melton off the bench is a dangerous squad. (Yes I know Winslow hasn’t played yet but at minimum he can be this groups Tony Allen)

Dont forget Dillon that has his + and - but always shows up and the duo of Bane and Tillman. And of course SlowMo that is playing on another level since the bubble. So we are 11 to 12 deep with everybody healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now