4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

FREE GORGUI!!!!!

It's obvious that Gorgui is not part of Jenkins' rotation which I don't quite understand cause he's been playing well for a backup C (well, I get the let's develop Tillman which really is, let's just lose some games imo)

I think they should just buy him out. There's no realistic trades out there unless he is paired with Winslow or somebody. I really like Gorgui and would like to see him on the team going forward but it's obvious, he's not in Jenkins plans.

Trade him to NY they have room to absorb him and Mitchell Robinson is hurt I believe and Thibbs would like Dieng we’d have to take back Knox or Ntilikina but if they gave us Detroit’s second rounder and a future second or their first this year it would be worth taking one of those two.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

FREE GORGUI!!!!!

It's obvious that Gorgui is not part of Jenkins' rotation which I don't quite understand cause he's been playing well for a backup C (well, I get the let's develop Tillman which really is, let's just lose some games imo)

I think they should just buy him out. There's no realistic trades out there unless he is paired with Winslow or somebody. I really like Gorgui and would like to see him on the team going forward but it's obvious, he's not in Jenkins plans.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:56 PM, srmjr23 said:

Why not just advocate for Gorgui without suggesting we buy out our expiring contract before the trade deadline? 

After the trade deadline, depending on the Grizzlies playoff position, he may be bought out but I doubt that will happen. Dieng is being paid extremely well for a deep bench player but if Xavier or Jonas go down and the Grizzlies are in the hunt for the playoffs people would rightfully scream bloody murder if DIeng was bought out. 

15 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

After the trade deadline, depending on the Grizzlies playoff position, he may be bought out but I doubt that will happen. Dieng is being paid extremely well for a deep bench player but if Xavier or Jonas go down and the Grizzlies are in the hunt for the playoffs people would rightfully scream bloody murder if DIeng was bought out. 

100% agree. Since we will almost certainly be in the playoff race, there is really no reason to buy out Gorgui just so he can go to another team in the playoff race. I guess Gorgui and his agent could request a buyout, but no reason at this point to think that will happen.

Also, sign-and-trades are back in vogue the last two off seasons. So we have his Bird Rights to re-sign if both sides are interested, or to have the small chance to sign-and-trade him in the off season.

Which is another reason giving up 3 expiring contracts in the disastrous Justise/Miami trade last season was a terrible idea. 

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

100% agree. Since we will almost certainly be in the playoff race, there is really no reason to buy out Gorgui just so he can go to another team in the playoff race. I guess Gorgui and his agent could request a buyout, but no reason at this point to think that will happen.

Also, sign-and-trades are back in vogue the last two off seasons. So we have his Bird Rights to re-sign if both sides are interested, or to have the small chance to sign-and-trade him in the off season.

Which is another reason giving up 3 expiring contracts in the disastrous Justise/Miami trade last season was a terrible idea. 

If the Grizzlies could get out of the majority of Dieng's contract they'd buy him out. They won't buy him out just so he can play elsewhere.