Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Kyrie not on the flight to Memphis

From wire service reports:  Star guard Kyrie Irving, who sat out of the Nets' win over the Sixers for personal reasons, will not be joining the team on their flight to Memphis, ESPN reports

My take:  we couldn't beat Cedi Osman and Dean Wade.  We certainly won't beat LeVert and Joe Harris.

9 hours ago, bhoyal said:

From wire service reports:  Star guard Kyrie Irving, who sat out of the Nets' win over the Sixers for personal reasons, will not be joining the team on their flight to Memphis, ESPN reports

My take:  we couldn't beat Cedi Osman and Dean Wade.  We certainly won't beat LeVert and Joe Harris.

Yeah, we are talking about it in the game thread.

On this topic, not necessarily specific to this game, but how upsetting would it be as a fan to have bought this ticket in advance early just for this chance to see Ja vs. KD and Kyrie and realize you are getting none of that.

23 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Wrong, thank goodness.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

On this topic, not necessarily specific to this game, but how upsetting would it be as a fan to have bought this ticket in advance early just for this chance to see Ja vs. KD and Kyrie and realize you are getting none of that.

Sort of happened to me in a baseball version.  Had a ticket at the Busch Stadium before the current one to see Cardinals vs Giants expecting to see Pujols vs Bonds and got neither.  It was the final game of the series and both got rested.

The highlight was Scott Rolen's defense.  He started numerous double plays...what a defensive star in his prime at 3rd base.

But not why I bought the tickets. <_<

On 1/7/2021 at 11:45 PM, bhoyal said:

Maybe he’s afraid that the pilot would use a globe.

On 1/9/2021 at 1:06 AM, bhoyal said:

Sort of happened to me in a baseball version.  Had a ticket at the Busch Stadium before the current one to see Cardinals vs Giants expecting to see Pujols vs Bonds and got neither.  It was the final game of the series and both got rested.

The highlight was Scott Rolen's defense.  He started numerous double plays...what a defensive star in his prime at 3rd base.

But not why I bought the tickets. <_<

My grandparents took me to St Louis to see a Cardinals game one time when I was a kid. Ozzie Smith and Willie McGee both sat out, I pretty much quit being a baseball fan that day. Back then baseball was about the only sport where pro players took days off to rest.

13 hours ago, KyleB said:

My grandparents took me to St Louis to see a Cardinals game one time when I was a kid. Ozzie Smith and Willie McGee both sat out, I pretty much quit being a baseball fan that day. Back then baseball was about the only sport where pro players took days off to rest.

Two of my favorites.  McGee played minor league ball here in Nashville at the old horrible Greer Stadium.

5 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Two of my favorites.  McGee played minor league ball here in Nashville at the old horrible Greer Stadium.

I remember going to a Memphis Chicks game and Matt Winters was out and I was very upset for a week and a half

7 hours ago, costarica2 said:

I though this said Kyle (Anderson)to kyrie lol.

Maybe Kyrie thought that Slo Mo was gonna pilot the plane and he didn’t wanna sit though a 15 hour flight.