Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Minnesota Timberwolves 1/13/21

Dillon really played well in the paint. Didn't force shots in particular, but also had two really nice assists. Also played better defense as well. Great win!

Balance is the key. You need a JV, steadily dropping in a point here and a point there, and you need a couple of guys who can do what Allen and SloMo did  (blink, he did WHAT?)  Bane will be one of the latter, Tillman one of the former. 

2 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

what do you do with the lineup when everyone's healthy if Clarke keeps averaging like 17 and 7 as a starter? 

He’s playing really well, but he could be an elite 6 man...against the top 10 teams he has struggles matching up. That was last year, so maybe he something else in his game this season...but playing him 25 minutes is a really attractive option as a 6

Beating even crappy teams without most of our best players is a really good sign

11 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

A Grizzlies win puts them at 5-6.

Combined with a Thunder loss to Lakers, a Pelican loss to Clippers, and a Kings loss to Trailblazers actually puts the Grizzlies in the playin tournament, tied for 9th with the Thunder.

Yes, it is way too early, and yes although each of those outcomes is likely, to have all 3 work out is unlikely, if they sit at T9th with the Thunder after this rough start, that's a pretty decent sign.

Grizz win - check

Thunder loss - check

Pelicans loss - TBD

Kings loss - TBD

2 minutes ago, cdp said:

Beating even crappy teams without most of our best players is a really good sign

Shows that this team really deserves to be in the playoff hunt. Beating the teams that you are supposed to beat when a full strength means your team is on a different level. 

9 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

what do you do with the lineup when everyone's healthy if Clarke keeps averaging like 17 and 7 as a starter? 

19 and 8 tonight. He is steadily improving since his return.

Just now, srmjr23 said:

Tank advocates in shambles 

Yes I am. But I still like it when the Grizzlies win. 

Just now, fanboyslim said:

To be honest the Wolves’ interior defense is soft as wet toilet paper 

They take over sole possession of last place in West.

I think minny has done themselves no favors by holding onto katownes. There is no way he is a first option on a good team. I will say he is a puzzling player- unreal talent, unicorn for sure but I just don’t think you can build around him. 

slim. 

Just now, memphis slim said:

I think minny has done themselves no favors by holding onto katownes. There is no way he is a first option on a good team. I will say he is a puzzling player- unreal talent, unicorn for sure but I just don’t think you can build around him. 

slim. 

he's soft as charmin 

1 minute ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

Fact

Just now, I❤️JV said:

he's soft as charmin 

He took some absolute trash shots late in the game. He took some turn around long two in the corner with JV in his face that was just one of the worst most Dillon like shots I've ever seen.

5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

That's been the biggest knock on Towns, for good reason. Despite his length and athleticism, he's just a terrible defender. 

19 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I haven't seen any of the second half.  Winter frozen streams.

NEVER use alternatives like NBASTREAMS or STREAMEAST

8 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Russell is a terrible defender too. I feel bad for T’Wolves fans, they are committed to this overpaid core. 

24 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Honestly waive JJ and pay Fraizer