Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Cleveland Cavaliers -1/11/21

11 hours ago, grizz09 said:

frazier has been absolutely dreadful at PG.  cavs made their run when he was in for such an extended amount of time.  he's been even worse than melton who also looks very shaky still trying to play PG/handle the ball.  other thing i've noticed is that the other guard/wing playing next to dillon always seems to disappear on offense.  grayson couldn't get in a rhythm next to him and bane barely touches it when he's paired w/ dillon.  both bane and allen need more plays run for them coming off screens and curls.  they both end up sitting in the corner far too often.  it's great in the sense that teams don't sag off them and it provides driving lanes for ja/tyus/melton/dillon, but they need more volume from 3.  they can also both get to the rim/hit a floater.  they should each be getting up 5-7 3's a game and that would open up their driving/playmaking even more.

Yup. Melton looks so bad with the ball in his hands and Frazier has been a bit shaky also. Lots of turnovers when we don't have Kyle, Tyus or Ja handling the ball. 

Regarding getting Bane and BC and others more touches, I think it's just how the offense runs. It's not meant to have plays run for anyone really, just for a screen to be set by a big, the guard to penetrate and kick (or go to the hoop), and if that doesn't lead to a shot, for that to repeat with another pick n roll with a big and guard at the top of the key. I agree that with Dillon, he calls his own number off of these screens a bit too often. His vision does seem to be slightly improving though. 

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

Yup. Melton looks so bad with the ball in his hands and Frazier has been a bit shaky also. Lots of turnovers when we don't have Kyle, Tyus or Ja handling the ball. 

Regarding getting Bane and BC and others more touches, I think it's just how the offense runs. It's not meant to have plays run for anyone really, just for a screen to be set by a big, the guard to penetrate and kick (or go to the hoop), and if that doesn't lead to a shot, for that to repeat with another pick n roll with a big and guard at the top of the key. I agree that with Dillon, he calls his own number off of these screens a bit too often. His vision does seem to be slightly improving though. 

agreed, but dillon still hijacks the offense far more often than not.   another one is JV who rarely passes the ball out of the post even when double or triple teamed.  even kyle has played with tunnel vision alot lately and not moving the ball as well as he's capable.  i get that everyone is trying to be aggressive and contribute w/ main guys out, but i'd like to see better ball movement overall.  in particular, i  just hope dillon can dial it back when ja, jaren, and justise return.

2 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

agreed, but dillon still hijacks the offense far more often than not.   another one is JV who rarely passes the ball out of the post even when double or triple teamed.  even kyle has played with tunnel vision alot lately and not moving the ball as well as he's capable.  i get that everyone is trying to be aggressive and contribute w/ main guys out, but i'd like to see better ball movement overall.  in particular, i  just hope dillon can dial it back when ja, jaren, and justise return.

LOL...and pigs will fly...

On 1/11/2021 at 8:14 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I hate to break it to you.  You got no say in the matter.;)

See the source image