Sign in to follow this  
GrizzTigerFan

The Memphis Grizzlies are signing free agent guard Tim Frazier via hardship exception

Sounds like Winslow is out for the year...

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Sounds like Winslow is out for the year...

Perhaps but not because of this exception. It's when you have 4 players missing for 2 weeks who've missed at least 3 games and are projected to be out for another 10 days. 

37 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:
The Memphis Grizzlies are signing free agent guard Tim Frazier via hardship exception, sources tell .

We needed another ballhandler. When Taylor had Tyus and Kyle out of the game at the same time, it was a disaster. Lakers jumped on Dillon and Bane trying to play lead guard. 

All this means is that Ja, Jaren, Justise and Jontay won't play for another 10 days.

18 minutes ago, UkGrizz said:

Perhaps but not because of this exception. It's when you have 4 players missing for 2 weeks who've missed at least 3 games and are projected to be out for another 10 days. 

Yeah. I believe I was prematurely writing off Winslow. Herrington says he'll be back within 2 weeks. 

real question is what is the deal with Melton getting no minutes?   Melton isn't a PG but he can at the very least dribble the ball up court.   Conditioning issue being why they held him out sounds super suspect. 

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

real question is what is the deal with Melton getting no minutes?   Melton isn't a PG but he can at the very least dribble the ball up court.   Conditioning issue being why they held him out sounds super suspect. 

I agree. I think Melton violated protocol, and they are ****** about it, and made him sit an extra game. Hopefully that is the end of it. 

49 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Yeah. I believe I was prematurely writing off Winslow. Herrington says he'll be back within 2 weeks. 

Well to be fair, what I heard Herrington say on Calkins' show was that he EXPECTS him back within a couple of weeks but he had no hard information, he was just guessing. He also said that if Winslow's not back  by the end of the month he would start to wonder if something else more serious is going on. He said he expects Winslow back in mid-Jan, Ja and then Jaren maybe late January.

Ja was apparently videoed without a boot and shooting 3 pointers yesterday.

28 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yeah, but I don't like him as a PG, never did and I think the bubble should have closed the door on any experiment with him being the main ball handler. Kinda surprised they didn't give Jeremiah Martin a shot, He played well for the ok Nets last year in limited time.Frazier has bounced around and is 6 years older and a couple of inches shorter. It will only be for a few games anyway.

19 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I agree. I think Melton violated protocol, and they are ****** about it, and made him sit an extra game. Hopefully that is the end of it. 

Let's hope but it was odd because he has seemed to be a favorite of the coaching staff and front office (analytics wise).

10 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yeah, but I don't like him as a PG, never did and I think the bubble should have closed the door on any experiment with him being the main ball handler.

Let's hope but it was odd because he has seemed to be a favorite of the coaching staff and front office (analytics wise).

I don't like him as a PG either but he would be more effective than Bane and Dillon at bringing the ball up the court.   Adding another dude seems like yet another reason to take away minutes from Bane.  

I didn't remember him having a 13ppg season the first time he was in 'nawlins but apparently he did.

His three point shooting has been all over the map.  As low as 18% one season.  As high as 42% another.  Career 33% from 3.

2 hours ago, The J Crew said:

All this means is that Ja, Jaren, Justise and Jontay won't play for another 10 days.

Combine that with *J*ohn Konchar limping off yesterday, and I see the problem this team has. 

It's the letter J.   So if you have JV in your fantasy team, .... 

He was a load in college but couldnt hit the three. Kinda dig it can play at a nice pace while scoring and ball handler 

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Could be the new Shelvin Mack. :ph34r:

Man, I know it wasn’t but a handful of years ago, but I totally forgot about him.

25 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

A less awful Acie Law.  

Another blast from the past, forgot about him as well. A lot have come and gone over the last twenty years.

On 1/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, TimBC said:

Combine that with *J*ohn Konchar limping off yesterday, and I see the problem this team has. 

It's the letter J.   So if you have JV in your fantasy team, .... 

Don't *J*inx JV!!!

On 1/4/2021 at 1:06 PM, chipc3 said:

The old two weeks statement, a classic from the Parsons era.

We are about 4 weeks from the 1 year anniversary of the trade, and the guy has only played 1 game for any team in the past 13 months.

Even Chris Wallace thinks the guy is injured too much to touch.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:01 PM, El Guapo said:

Another blast from the past, forgot about him as well. A lot have come and gone over the last twenty years.

Yeah, some of us are long suffering Grizz fans ever since they move from Canada.

You think that's tough?  I've been going to Vandy football games for 50 years. 😕