Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Brooklyn Nets vs Memphis Grizzlies - 1/8/21

Just now, I❤️JV said:

Well...full support for staying at home and giving us better chance to win...but I am really torn ...I want to win...but...Suggs is very good... 

It's just so early in the season to talk about tanking. Of course if Taylor keeps coaching like he did last night . . .

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

It's just so early in the season to talk about tanking. Of course if Taylor keeps coaching like he did last night . . .

Without Ja we suck so badly it's hard to watch...even JV...He's getting empty stats numbers, but playing like s***...slow on D, missing easiest of shots, fouling like Jaren...the only solace I can see is that....Suggs is very good...and I want him more than top 10th  in the west.

5 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Without Ja we suck so badly it's hard to watch...even JV...He's getting empty stats numbers, but playing like s***...slow on D, missing easiest of shots, fouling like Jaren...the only solace I can see is that....Suggs is very good...and I want him more than top 10th  in the west.

Even without Ja, we should still beat the Cavs without 3 of their best players and their starting backcourt, especially when the Cavs finished a game in Orlando 21 hours before the game in Memphis started. Just no excuses at all.

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Bizarre. Hope everything turns out OK but this has serious disaster potential imo. 

20 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Well...full support for staying at home and giving us better chance to win...but I am really torn ...I want to win...but...Suggs is very good... 

I'm not torn at all and it ain't no buts for me 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'm not torn at all and it ain't no buts for me 😂😂😂

I don't want to be a tank commander this early...but until Ja is back we will suck...I want to win and get Suggs at the same time...but if we're losing...I want the biggest reward for the pain.

4 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

I don't want to be a tank commander this early...but until Ja is back we will suck...I want to win and get Suggs at the same time...but if we're losing...I want the biggest reward for the pain.

Well, I don't think it's tanking. We just don't have enough talent to win. With the exception of JV, we are starting a bunch of bench players and our bench players are end of the rotation or G-League level guys. I would rather we not make any moves to improve while Ja and JJJ are out. As long as they are legitimately out, I don't think it's tanking...but I'm in no hurry to get them back nor am I in a hurry to acquire any new talent or make upgrades right now.

When Ja and JJJ get back, we will have two more starters to go with JV but still 2 position (swingman positions) will have guys who are questionable as starters whether it's Dillon or SloMo or Justise, they are all bench players imo. So it is what it is and we just don't have enough talent, especially with Ja and JJJ out

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, I don't think it's tanking. We just don't have enough talent to win. With the exception of JV, we are starting a bunch of bench players and our bench players are end of the rotation or G-League level guys. I would rather we not make any moves to improve while Ja and JJJ are out. As long as they are legitimately out, I don't think it's tanking...but I'm in no hurry to get them back nor am I in a hurry to acquire any new talent or make upgrades right now.

When Ja and JJJ get back, we will have two more starters to go with JV but still 2 position (swingman positions) will have guys who are questionable as starters whether it's Dillon or SloMo or Justise, they are all bench players imo. So it is what it is and we just don't have enough talent, especially with Ja and JJJ out

You are correct in that With JA and JJJ out, wins are gonna be hard to come by, as was proven last night against the Cavs. But pro teams shouldn't tank. They have to do the best that they can (even if they are so bad anyway that it won't make difference).  Is Jalen Suggs worth trying to tank? I don't think so, but I would love to see what the Grizz have in Winslow before declaring the season lost and saying Suggs would be an upgrade. . 

I rarely make additions like that one but I just had to this time. 

Sorry if that offended anyone. 

1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

You are correct in that With JA and JJJ out, wins are gonna be hard to come by, as was proven last night against the Cavs. But pro teams shouldn't tank. They have to do the best that they can (even if they are so bad anyway that it won't make difference).  Is Jalen Suggs worth trying to tank? I don't think so, but I would love to see what the Grizz have in Winslow before declaring the season lost and saying Suggs would be an upgrade. . 

What evidence is there that they are intentionally tanking?

Here's the deal. They just played back to back games against the Lakers were many people on this board applauded their effort and several (mistakenly) believed that the Grizz could have won those games. How is that tanking? You know what I think happened? It's real simple. Teams have a hard time getting up for bad teams. Take the Lakers example, they are coming from sunny L.A. with beaches and hills and have to spend 3 or 4 days in Memphis to play against a bad team and there are no fans in the building (well, friends and family). The Lakers were totally unmotivated.  On the flip side, we were very motivated to play the mighty Lakers who just won a championship. So we really got up for them. Then the Cavs come into town, a team that was supposed to be bad, a game we were supposed to win and we just weren't motivated.

I just don't think we have the talent to win on a consistent basis and I'm fine with that for now because making any moves now would hinder our future and is very shortsighted.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

This makes no sense

As a healthcare worker familiar with the logistics of contact tracing and likelihood of transmission I'm very surprised they're moving forward with this given Seth's close contact with Embiid (at minimum). He was almost surely in the locker room, most likely without a mask, and even if he did have a mask was surely touching different things. Seems bizarre to me. I hope none of our guys get it, but I'm not optimistic. Seems reckless by the league. Simply passing a covid test, which I'm sure everyone on Brooklyn did or they wouldn't have traveled to Memphis, is hardly enough to do just about anything in terms of making sure they don't actually have Covid if they were just exposed literally yesterday.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I rarely make additions like that one but I just had to this time. 

Sorry if that offended anyone. 

Offended? That’s art!

7 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

To be fair, most teams don't a high caliber starter at every position 

2 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

As a healthcare worker familiar with the logistics of contact tracing and likelihood of transmission I'm very surprised they're moving forward with this given Seth's close contact with Embiid (at minimum). He was almost surely in the locker room, most likely without a mask, and even if he did have a mask was surely touching different things. Seems bizarre to me. I hope none of our guys get it, but I'm not optimistic. Seems reckless by the league. Simply passing a covid test, which I'm sure everyone on Brooklyn did or they wouldn't have traveled to Memphis, is hardly enough to do just about anything in terms of making sure they don't actually have Covid if they were just exposed literally yesterday.

Exactly

4 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

To be fair, most teams don't a high caliber starter at every position 

I didn't say we needed a high caliber starter at every position. With this current lineup, I don't think we have any starters with the exception of JV and maybe, just maybe, Dillon in certain circumstances. So our lineup is 4 bench players and 1 role player. If we had 2 or 3 competent role players who can start and pick their game up while Ja and JJJ are out fine, but I don't think we have that. These are all bench players (with the exception of JV)

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I didn't say we needed a high caliber starter at every position. With this current lineup, I don't think we have any starters with the exception of JV and maybe, just maybe, Dillon in certain circumstances. So our lineup is 4 bench players and 1 role player. If we had 2 or 3 competent role players who can start and pick their game up while Ja and JJJ are out fine, but I don't think we have that. These are all bench players (with the exception of JV)

Oh I agree no doubt, its due to injury but even with a fully healthy roster, every team for the most part has a player that might not be starter quality 

31 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Justice playing tonight?

I think he might be hurt no official word yet. 

9 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Seth sat directly next to Embiid on the bench. Embiid played in the game against the Nets. Even if Nets players took a covid test it would say negative even if they had been exposed for several days after the exposure. 

So even if we win tonight , we may still lose? 😁

8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Totally agree, not enough talent at the moment. However, i still find some Jenkins rotations tanking style, but it may just be Jenkins style !!