Sign in to follow this  
The J Crew

Around the NBA

9 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

That was Morey, not Stone. Stone got a first in the Russ-Wall deal. 

I know they got a lottery protected 1st from DC I’m referring to the Thunder deal moving CP3

Pacers sneakily win. They just resigned a younger Oladipo to a 3year/52m contract, got a 2nd rounder for it and they'll still be right in the playoffs this year.

Scratch that Cavs won. Allen+Prince for just the Bucks 1st rounder and Exum wow.

19 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

What a **** move, punished by learning that Durant and Harden are going to show they don't need Kyrie. 

48 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

I know they got a lottery protected 1st from DC I’m referring to the Thunder deal moving CP3

I know. My post was specifically on the job Rafael Stone has done. He just got the GM job in October. Pretty good so far. 

21 minutes ago, cdp said:

Pacers sneakily win. They just resigned a younger Oladipo to a 3year/52m contract, got a 2nd rounder for it and they'll still be right in the playoffs this year.

Scratch that Cavs won. Allen+Prince for just the Bucks 1st rounder and Exum wow.

Taurean is a negative contract. Makes over $15M next year, and was barely in the rotation in Brooklyn. The Nets have been trying to get off of his contract for a while. For the Cavs, Taurean is the price you pay to get Allen. But, Allen will be an RFA this summer, so he will need to get paid too.

I like Indy's take the best. Got LeVert signed on a reasonable deal for 2 years past this season. Dipo was not going to stay in Indy, so they maxed out his trade value. Smart not to wait until the trade deadline. 

13 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Taurean is a negative contract. Makes over $15M next year, and was barely in the rotation in Brooklyn. The Nets have been trying to get off of his contract for a while. For the Cavs, Taurean is the price you pay to get Allen. But, Allen will be an RFA this summer, so he will need to get paid too.

I like Indy's take the best. Got LeVert signed on a reasonable deal for 2 years past this season. Dipo was not going to stay in Indy, so they maxed out his trade value. Smart not to wait until the trade deadline. 

Oh still worth tho. Cavs won't let Allen walk and now they've got their center of the future to go with Sexton/Garland/Okoro/2021 pick. 

I think that's the type of trade we need to look at making. Take on salary to get a young prospect. Already made one to get Winslow but might have to do it again.

1 minute ago, cdp said:

Oh still worth tho. Cavs won't let Allen walk and now they've got their center of the future to go with Sexton/Garland/Okoro/2021 pick. 

I think that's the type of trade we need to look at making. Take on salary to get a young prospect. Already made one to get Winslow but might have to do it again.

I agree. That's what I wanted us to do last trade deadline with the Iggy trade chip. Find a team that has an soon-to-be RFA that they can't or don't want to pay. 

11 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Some of that could also be due to all the injuries the Hawks have.  Trae has no one who can really score to whom he can pass, so there really is no point to getting up in his grill to make him pass further out on the court.  Let him take shots from half court until he hits three in a row.  He's been streaky for forever, so when he's cold, let him stay cold.  Letting him take free throws allows him to get warm as he sees balls going through the hoop.

Now, can we get the refs to do the "fewer calls" thing to James Harden?

On 1/17/2021 at 1:52 AM, fanboyslim said:

Crap. I hope it’s nothing serious.

That's a situation that unfortunately I know only too well, so I truly wish him the best.

This is why Trae won't be getting these calls much longer. NBA will adjust, because it has turned into a farce. Even the players making fun of it now.

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

This is why Trae won't be getting these calls much longer. NBA will adjust, because it has turned into a farce. Even the players making fun of it now.

Not only that, one day someone will just stop giving any damns and stomp Trae into the ground.