Team Hero Grizzlies @ Hornets 1/1/2021

Happy New Year Grizzdom!

TH: Dillon Brooks

HM: Kyle Anderson, Gorgui Dieng, Brandon Clarke

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

Happy New Year Grizzdom!

TH: Dillon Brooks

HM: Kyle Anderson, Gorgui Dieng, Brandon Clarke

Need to add Tyus to that too.  His steady play really set the tone. 

16 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Tyus had a nice 12 assists tonight.

TH:  Gotta go with Dillon. 21points (Fischer's Law for the win), 3 reb, 2 ast, 3 steals and a block.

HM:  I could easily put half the team in this category. But I will go with Kyle. He had 18 pts/11 rebs/5 ast/ 2 steals and a block.

30 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You can’t just put everyone who did well. That goes against the integrity of the thread

i havent followed/invested the grizzlies since 2013... bought league pass this season.... all new faces to me, i have a couple questions, 

how are we this year? what are the expectations for this year?

sorry ivedrank a little much... i hope my question makes since. lol

2 minutes ago, ImTheCrew said:

i havent followed/invested the grizzlies since 2013... bought league pass this season.... all new faces to me, having not been following the grizzlies...... how are we this year? ive watched the last 3 games... what are the expectations for tis year?

We'll probably be bad but show signs of improvement once everyone comes back.

11 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

You can’t just put everyone who did well. That goes against the integrity of the thread

Agreed. I’m no thread integrity expert Sub, but wouldn’t the title have to be “Team Heroes”? 

20 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

That's the way I see it too, except for some extraordinary  circumstance

I'll go with Kyle. The team was notably steadier and more confident with him on the floor. 

Lots of HM. 

10 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Agreed. I’m no thread integrity expert Sub, but wouldn’t the title have to be “Team Heroes”? 

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

That's the way I see it too, except for some extraordinary  circumstance

It’s really heartbreaking to see the quality of this thread go down the tubes over the years

27 minutes ago, ImTheCrew said:

i havent followed/invested the grizzlies since 2013... bought league pass this season.... all new faces to me, i have a couple questions, 

how are we this year? what are the expectations for this year?

It looks like your drinking a little too much is helping the Grizzlies play better. Can you do the same for the rest of the regular season games? The Grizzlies do have the potential to get into the playoffs, at which time it would be important for you to drink WAY too much (it's playoffs, so you gotta step up your game)! If necessary we could start a GoFundMe campaign to pay for the drinks.

36 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

It’s really heartbreaking to see the quality of this thread go down the tubes over the years

didnt someone use to tally up all the TH's and HM's and name a TM and HM Champion at the end of the year. im gonna start logging all themfor this year

12 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

didnt someone use to tally up all the TH's and HM's and name a TM and HM Champion at the end of the year. im gonna start logging all themfor this year

Yes, and we’d appreciate your services to accept the responsibility. I can start handing out demerits for exceeding more than one name per category and we can get back to the integrity this thread one time bestowed

27 minutes ago, GameOn said:

It looks like your drinking a little too much is helping the Grizzlies play better. Can you do the same for the rest of the regular season games? The Grizzlies do have the potential to get into the playoffs, at which time it would be important for you to drink WAY too much (it's playoffs, so you gotta step up your game)! If necessary we could start a GoFundMe campaign to pay for the drinks.

Agreed here. I think just increasing your alcohol intake OVERALL may be an even better idea, especially with the good chance of potentially making the playoffs this year

18 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Good idea. Thanks.

2 hours ago, TimBC said:

I'll go with Kyle. The team was notably steadier and more confident with him on the floor. 

Lots of HM. 

Yup. He is mine too.

Kyle seemed like our best offensive player at times and looked so smooth tonight. I liked this starting lineup w BC starting to look a bit more like himself

1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

Yesye we can get BACK. ,,to the integrity this thread 1time besTOwed

2021 starting strong! 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Yes, and we’d appreciate your services to accept the responsibility. I can start handing out demerits for exceeding more than one name per category and we can get back to the integrity this thread one time bestowed

Agreed here. I think just increasing your alcohol intake OVERALL may be an even better idea, especially with the good chance of potentially making the playoffs this year

i HOPE your taking less alcohol your posts seem more up beat 

6 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I think @BigHunkALove did the totals before, though the original Team Hero thread concept was started by @hatfieldms, I believe.

That'll be great if @The Stro Show does the tallying, though with our youth and injury plague, I suspect the tallies may be small.

Sssh! Don't tell anyone

3 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

What was that one play where we made 7 or 8 passes then to Dillon for the open 3 and the swish?  THAT was the Team Hero.

that was hilarious 

If Dillon Brooks played like he did last night every game, he'd be an all-star and the Grizz would be a heavy favorite to make the playoffs. I'm very skeptical he can be the good Dillon Brooks more often than not, but man I hope he can.