Sign in to follow this  
memphis slim

ja's injury

Word is Ja could return as soon as next week (I hope not though).

He apparently was taking jump shots without the boot and has been moving well. I'm pretty sure he wants to play in the MLK game since it's one of the few national games but I hope he doesn't come back to soon. Hopefully he comes back for Minny on 1/15 or Philly on 1/16 to give him a little time to get back in the groove before the MLK game against PHX. I wouldn't be surprised if Justise comes back around the same time (just me guessing on that one)

37 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

winslow....paging winslow..

I believe he was seen standing on a corner in Arizona. Watching for flatbed Fords.  

1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

winslow....paging winslow..

anyone seen this guy playing basketball?

winslow...paging winslow..

slim.

I'm sure he'll be playing basketball very soon.

I'm not sure it won't be wheelchair basketball.

14 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I'm sure he'll be playing basketball very soon.

I'm not sure it won't be wheelchair basketball.

I get the feeling that Tyus is telling him to stop being a whiny beeeyotttttttch and get out there and play!

ErERroZXIAIldDd?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I get the feeling that Tyus is telling him to stop being a whiny beeeyotttttttch and get out there and play!

ErERroZXIAIldDd?format=jpg&name=large

Nah... when it comes to injuries players usually side with each other. 

Even Chandler Parsons thinks Justise Winslow is injured a lot.  

At  this point, I'm expecting to be quite underwhelmed and go with his new nickname of "JustThis(?)"

20 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Even Chandler Parsons thinks Justise Winslow is injured a lot.  

At  this point, I'm expecting to be quite underwhelmed and go with his new nickname of "JustThis(?)"

I hope/have  a feeling he will surprise us...

1 minute ago, I❤️JV said:

I think opinion has swung so low on Justise that you will be proven right.

And I hope it's just the Grizz being their usual over-cautious selves on injury. For an careful as they are, we still seem to have a lot of injured players all the time. 

17 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

And I hope it's just the Grizz being their usual over-cautious selves on injury. For an careful as they are, we still seem to have a lot of injured players all the time. 

Some are bad luck game type injuries that happen in a season, specifically Ja. Konchar should be good in time.

But Justise and Jontay were known injury concerns before acquisition, and I thought part of the reason Tillman fell was because of injuries in his past. Missing games due to injury was certainly was part of Killian Tillie's time at Gonzaga.

The current FO appears to be taking notes from Chris Wallace on picking up injured players and having it backfire.

4 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Some are bad luck game type injuries that happen in a season, specifically Ja. Konchar should be good in time.

But Justise and Jontay were known injury concerns before acquisition, and I thought part of the reason Tillman fell was because of injuries in his past. Missing games due to injury was certainly was part of Killian Tillie's time at Gonzaga.

The current FO appears to be taking notes from Chris Wallace on picking up injured players and having it backfire.

With Jontay, I go back to this question - Who were they bidding against? A roster spot is a valuable thing, and Jontay hasn't played hoops for over two years now. If they were so enamored with Jontay, give him one of the two-ways. After drafting Tillman, we were already five or 6 deep at the 4/5 position. 

52 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Jaren got hurt 2 weeks after Winslow and actually had surgery for his injury. I can't even fathom how JJJ and Justise can come back at the same time which is looking likely 

Somebody give Winslow some milk 

8 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Jaren got hurt 2 weeks after Winslow and actually had surgery for his injury. I can't even fathom how JJJ and Justise can come back at the same time which is looking likely 

Somebody give Winslow some milk 

We know, I'm the one who said Justise has played 1 game for 13 minutes in 13 months despite two injuries that didn't require surgery.

But acting like he is going to miss the season is kind of overreacting. 

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Nah... when it comes to injuries players usually side with each other. 

I was joking based on FBS wheelchair comments. I'm sure they are just joking and throwing it out on social media. It's something silly.

20 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

still paging....winslow....justice winslow...

slim. 

No answer...because you're paging wrong Winslow...you need Justise not Justice....while America may need Justice...Memphis needs Justise more.

1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

still paging....winslow....justice winslow...

slim. 

giphy.gif

Well, sounds like none of them will be back before the MLK game but then again Tillie and Porter have been out as well so they would count towards that 4. I wouldn't be surprised to Ja come back the game before the MLK game)

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, sounds like none of them will be back before the MLK game but then again Tillie and Porter have been out as well so they would count towards that 4. I wouldn't be surprised to Ja come back the game before the MLK game)

As I said before, given the history of how the medical staff's pronouncements match up with eventual occurrence, I am voting in an opinion poll for after ASB

4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Does Tillie count for sure?  He's not a roster player, he's just a two-way.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:43 PM, I❤️JV said:

As in he might actually put on a jock strap and dress out?  Sometime this season??

On 1/6/2021 at 12:21 PM, TimBC said:

I believe he was seen standing on a corner in Arizona. Watching for flatbed Fords.  

He must be a huge Eagles fan (like me). Thanks for the memory. I will now have "Take It Easy" running through my head for the next 2 days (which is a good thing).