King Dork

2021 I wish these dudes were playing for the Grizzlies top 5

I do plenty of fake trades on these boards, this is not one of those lol. Just thought from my league pass surfing I’d throw out dudes who I watch and think “Dang I wish that dude was a Grizz”. 

1) Miles Bridges - Dude is just an athletic freak. Defensively can guard 3-5, a good rebounder and for my money the most vicious dunker in the league today. And some type of way he’s developed a step back 3 that’s actually falling this year. Won’t be a star I don’t think but will be a high level role player the Grizzlies will never get their hands on. A shame. 

2) Zach Lavine - I’ll skip the paragraph on Lavine. Go read any of my trade posts, lol. 

3) Joe Harris - I know it would have been impossible for the Grizzlies to acquire him, but he’s exactly the type of guy the Grizzlies have never had and will need to pair with Ja at some point. Just a knock down shooter. Yeah he’s a + defender but I don’t care about that, dude can’t be left or he’ll spark one. 

4) Christian Wood - Exhibit A of why Detroit is a trash franchise, they gave this dude away for a bag of chips. Also Exhibit Z of why James Harden is an idiot for wanting out of Houston. Dude is the prototype big in the league especially if you have a team with Ja Morant on it, good defensively, good rebounder and can spray it from 3. 

5) Jaren Jackson Jr. - Put some respect on my guys name! I’m a firm believer that if we had Jaren we’d be 3-0 right now. Jaren is a weapon of mass disruption to any defensive scheme, and has the ability to wreak havoc defensively as well. I’m counting down the days until the Malone to Ja’s Stockton makes his return.  

Drop your top 5’s if u got em. 

1 hour ago, King Dork said:

I do plenty of fake trades on these boards, this is not one of those lol. Just thought from my league pass surfing I’d throw out dudes who I watch and think “Dang I wish that dude was a Grizz”. 

1) Miles Bridges - Dude is just an athletic freak. Defensively can guard 3-5, a good rebounder and for my money the most vicious dunker in the league today. And some type of way he’s developed a step back 3 that’s actually falling this year. Won’t be a star I don’t think but will be a high level role player the Grizzlies will never get their hands on. A shame. 

2) Zach Lavine - I’ll skip the paragraph on Lavine. Go read any of my trade posts, lol. 

3) Joe Harris - I know it would have been impossible for the Grizzlies to acquire him, but he’s exactly the type of guy the Grizzlies have never had and will need to pair with Ja at some point. Just a knock down shooter. Yeah he’s a + defender but I don’t care about that, dude can’t be left or he’ll spark one. 

4) Christian Wood - Exhibit A of why Detroit is a trash franchise, they gave this dude away for a bag of chips. Also Exhibit Z of why James Harden is an idiot for wanting out of Houston. Dude is the prototype big in the league especially if you have a team with Ja Morant on it, good defensively, good rebounder and can spray it from 3. 

5) Jaren Jackson Jr. - Put some respect on my guys name! I’m a firm believer that if we had Jaren we’d be 3-0 right now. Jaren is a weapon of mass disruption to any defensive scheme, and has the ability to wreak havoc defensively as well. I’m counting down the days until the Malone to Ja’s Stockton makes his return.  

Like the post.

To go with this fantasy, I've made my own qualifying criteria, so it doesn't devolve into the obvious and totally unrealistic LBJ, KD, Steph, Kawhi etc and that is that the players I selected have not won a ring or been in a conference final but could be a champion wearing the Bear.

Jaren is currently a massive loss, we badly need him to return on court asap, when he does its going to be a little while before he shakes the rust but if and when he does, and can remain consistently healthy, he gonna remind some folks here why some of us have such hype for the guy.

Really like Miles Bridges, Jaren's team mate, agree with your write-up, but Miles may be better at PF than SF.

However, I'm wondering if his namesake Mikal might be better, both in terms of an overall better player, and a better fit with the team. I'd be happy with either but if I had to choose, I might take Mikal because I think he impacts a game slightly more.

Christian Wood, agree with you, would be awesome, I think it was DWash that was first calling him out, season before last?

I think the guy who could most impact the Grizzlies is Brandon Ingram. Our answer to the hole that this franchise has almost never been able to fill at SF, can create his own shots, off the dribble, driving to the rack, stepbacks, catch and shoot.

At starting SG, I'd really like Booker. He'd be a great fit with Ja and Jaren, can take over a game, massively hard to stop, and has a bit of a hard-nosed streak about him. If I had a max contract to throw out, I'd throw it at him, if only because Ingram has already been maxed.

P.S. I left Doncic out as another obvious selection, but would have no problem maxing him either.

2 hours ago, King Dork said:

C Wood was a Ufa and wanted to go to a more successful team so he could be noticed. Detroit had no choice but to sign and trade. 

brandon ingram would be up there for me. 

think of melton with a great basketball game included. long, athletic as can be, but also a basketball guy.

too many guys these days have all the boxes checked with length, quickness, leaping....but lack being a true basketball player. bi checks all the boxes. we need a 3 like him.

slim.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

C Wood was a Ufa and wanted to go to a more successful team so he could be noticed. Detroit had no choice but to sign and trade. 

Which is exactly why you find a way to lock that guy up. He’s not a perineal all star money does talk in those types of situations. 

2 hours ago, KyleB said:

1. Giannis

2. Doncic

3. Jimmy Butler

4. Jason Tatum

5. Jamal Murray

I was thinking more realistic type options when I created the thread, but I like your optimism. Why not us right. 

Superstars aside, I wholeheartedly agree about Christian Wood - dude is going to ball out this year.

Also think Josh Richardson would be great on our team next to Ja and I wish we could've at least seen a bit of Delon Wright next to Ja.

I also wouldn't mind having Rudy Gay back in a Grizzlies uniform on a cheap contract at some point.

I think Norman Powell would be a pretty nice and realistic addition. Can score off ball and handle a bit to create his own shot. Can defend. Shows up in big games as shown with his history of performances in the playoffs.

An expiring contract too

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

deandre hunter

Bruno Fernando

Taurean prince

jimmy butler

andre drummond

Prince is VERY over-rated - especially by you

12 hours ago, KyleB said:

1. Giannis

2. Doncic

3. Jimmy Butler

4. Jason Tatum

5. Jamal Murray

I'll go with...

LeBron

Kawhi Leonard

Embiid

DeRozan

Westbrook

22 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Prince is VERY over-rated - especially by you

Prince just does everything right. If the grizzlies could somehow trade winslow for him, I would be ecstatic.

I'm not even sure why Brooklyn even traded for him since they never play him.

Gary Trent JR is a guy I'd love to see on Memphis. 

I think he's the perfect fit for this team with his age, good defense and 3 point shooting. Assuming we get our high potential wing in the draft, sign Trent Jr to be the high level role player like an Ariza or Allen for the next 4 or 5 years.  

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Prince just does everything right. If the grizzlies could somehow trade winslow for him, I would be ecstatic.

I'm not even sure why Brooklyn even traded for him since they never play him.

Since you first mentioned him I've tried looking at him in a clear minded way to see what you are saying.

That was 2 years ago and I'm still waiting to see it

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I think he's the perfect fit for this team with his age, good defense and 3 point shooting. Assuming we get our high potential wing in the draft, sign Trent Jr to be the high level role player like an Ariza or Allen for the next 4 or 5 years.  

Dudes like number 6 on my list. We definitely need an irrational confidence guy, well one that’s better than Dillon. 

9 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

Superstars aside, I wholeheartedly agree about Christian Wood - dude is going to ball out this year.

Also think Josh Richardson would be great on our team next to Ja and I wish we could've at least seen a bit of Delon Wright next to Ja.

I also wouldn't mind having Rudy Gay back in a Grizzlies uniform on a cheap contract at some point.

We worked out Josh Richardson 7 times and he outplayed Andrew Harrison and Wallace dumb *** still drafted Harrison we could have had Josh Richardson on this team right now smh

49 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Really like trent and powell as attainable guys ill add Josh hart . 

They didn’t pick up Josh Harts option so he could be a guy to go after in FA definitely an upgrade over Grayson 

2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I don’t think Portland lets him leave he’s too useful for them it’s more likely we could steal Simons cause he won’t ever have a big role as long as Lillard and McCollum are there. 

My five 

Svi Mykhailiuk likely to be the next dead eye shooter teams are clamoring over in the next few years.

OG Anunoby will also be a guy that takes a big jump who wasn’t thought much of due to him being injured coming out of school

Mo Bamba I’ve always wanted an athletic big that could run and block shots. 

Mikal Bridges could slot in at the add spot and be a consistent starter for a long time.

Devonte Graham the two small guard lineup has always been interesting to me but I think one of the guards has to be more of a shooter. Doesn’t real work with Ja and Tyus or Ja and Melton.

5 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

My five 

Svi Mykhailiuk likely to be the next dead eye shooter teams are clamoring over in the next few years.

OG Anunoby will also be a guy that takes a big jump who wasn’t thought much of due to him being injured coming out of school

Mo Bamba I’ve always wanted an athletic big that could run and block shots. 

Mikal Bridges could slot in at the add spot and be a consistent starter for a long time.

Devonte Graham the two small guard lineup has always been interesting to me but I think one of the guards has to be more of a shooter. Doesn’t real work with Ja and Tyus or Ja and Melton.

No way Charlotte is letting Devonte Graham go. He’s a perfect fit next to Lamelo. I don’t want no parts of Mo Bamba.

The rest of those dudes at cool, but I’m throwing a bag at Garry Trent Jr. first. Real difference maker next to Ja, and the type of player we never have here but need to acquire. 

8 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

We worked out Josh Richardson 7 times and he outplayed Andrew Harrison and Wallace dumb *** still drafted Harrison we could have had Josh Richardson on this team right now smh

Was Wallace supposed to draft Josh Richardson from the Heat? Because Richardson wasn't on the board when we drafted Harrison.

It was time for Wallace to go, but he's been gone two years now, probably past time to invent things to try to make him look bad.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2015.html