Sign in to follow this  
ACGrizz

Who convinced Clarke to change his shooting form?

I thought his form looked better again on that 1 3 he made in the last game.   Even paused and rewatched it to see better.  

But it is stressing me out enough to where I’m prone to over-analyze every perimeter shot he takes now lol.  Also his hitch on his free throw looks worse lately.  

2 hours ago, grizzknob said:

I thought his form looked better again on that 1 3 he made in the last game.   Even paused and rewatched it to see better.  

But it is stressing me out enough to where I’m prone to over-analyze every perimeter snot he takes now lol.  Also his hitch on his free throw looks worse lately.  

Agree, and think BC will be ok. But he did seem hesitant a couple of times. He just need to play a few games, get in game shape.

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Agree, and think BC will be ok. But he did seem hesitant a couple of times. He just need to play a few games, get in game shape.

I think he put on some muscle.  Maybe he should drop weight to be bouncier.

On 12/29/2020 at 4:08 AM, King Dork said:

That’s my 2k free throw lol. 

But they both went in. 

Anyone complaining about Brandon Clarke’s shot tonight?

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

21 points......on 22 shots lol

8 minutes ago, cdp said:

21 points......on 22 shots lol

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Playing better, but not great.... a lot of shots, his mechanics on 3 pt are awful, his strength is in the paint, kinda demar rozen like, which would be incredible if he could develop into some form of that...I just wish he could come in as a six, play 22 to 25 minutes a game, and excel...

3-7 from three, that's pretty good overall. It ain't pretty, but if it goes in that's good enough for me. He was our best player tonight, and was aggressive on offense. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

still not hitting the bunny hop shot right, he missed a few he should have dropped.

I;m good with his perimeter shot though, not great but good enough

38 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

3-7 from three, that's pretty good overall. It ain't pretty, but if it goes in that's good enough for me. He was our best player tonight, and was aggressive on offense. 

Best player?  Dillon shot almost 53% to BC's 41%.  DB also had the tougher defensive assignment.  Levert got 43 points, but he really went off more after Dillon sat with 4 fouls.  Just sayin'...  not trying to take away from Brandon who also had a really good game tonight.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Best player?  Dillon shot almost 53% to BC's 41%.  DB also had the tougher defensive assignment.  Levert got 43 points, but he really went off more after Dillon sat with 4 fouls.  Just sayin'...  not trying to take away from Brandon who also had a really good game tonight.

DB was giving up buckets all night, don't even start with that. Brandon Clarke became our number one scoring option tonight after JV didn't return. Dillon played well, but Brandon had a far greater impact on the game, plus was being asked to do something he's certainly not normally asked to do, all while playing the most minutes on the team. Led the team in rebounding and blocks, 2nd in points, 3rd in assists. That's "best" player type of stuff. 

6 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

DB was giving up buckets all night, don't even start with that. Brandon Clarke became our number one scoring option tonight after JV didn't return. Dillon played well, but Brandon had a far greater impact on the game, plus was being asked to do something he's certainly not normally asked to do, all while playing the most minutes on the team. Led the team in rebounding and blocks, 2nd in points, 3rd in assists. That's "best" player type of stuff. 

DB gets caught in the pnr with no help defense.  That's not completely on him

3 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

DB gets caught in the pnr with no help defense.  That's not completely on him

Not saying it's all on him, but even if he has the toughest defensive assignment, he still gave up 43 points. That's bad defense no matter how you slice it. 

33 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Not saying it's all on him, but even if he has the toughest defensive assignment, he still gave up 43 points. That's bad defense no matter how you slice it. 

All 43 weren't on him either though. 

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Levert really went off when Dillon sat in the 3rd with 4 fouls.

23 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Levert really went off when Dillon sat in the 3rd with 4 fouls.

True, but Dillon's foul rate is a big part of the problem with his overall defensive effectiveness.

6 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

All 43 weren't on him either though. 

A fairly large chuck were though, plus Joe Harris scored on him at least a couple of times. 

25 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Clarke is better than jaren 

In regards to rebounding and durability I'd say so. This is why JJJ needs to get ready to run the 5. 

Jaren is such a lights out shooter though. I just don't want to get stuck paying a guy big money who never suits up (aka Grizzlies track record). 

38 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Uhm.....no

5 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

In regards to rebounding and durability I'd say so. This is why JJJ needs to get ready to run the 5. 

Jaren is such a lights out shooter though. I just don't want to get stuck paying a guy big money who never suits up (aka Grizzlies track record). 

IIF there are question marks over his durability, but you want him banging with centres where most weigh more than him and are physically built bigger than him? No. Jaren is best as a stretch 4 that can guard other positions on D

52 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

jaren at 7 ft should be a force once he comes back 

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

A fairly large chuck were though, plus Joe Harris scored on him at least a couple of times. 

Like another poster stated,  Levert went off after Dillon's foul trouble. Between the poor pnr from the bigs and foul trouble i won't place it all on him. 

14 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Jaren was awesome before his injury...we quickly forget how good some players are after they get injured and miss some time.