Ndq0327

Is it time to move on from the Blue Jerseys?

Grizz unveil new “Memphis Soul City Edition” jerseys and they are 🔥🔥🔥.

I’ve never been that big a fan of the blue jerseys and think they should just stay with the Vancouver color scheme. 

30 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

No but those are awesome

Those blue jerseys are so boring and u imaginative. I could understand if they were the Memphis Blues or something but these jerseys actually bring some realism to the mascot being a bear. Much prefer brown bear Grizz to blue bear grizz

I guess I'm a little different.  I always appreciated dignified looking uniforms over clown outfits.  My favorite was always the dark blue road uniform.  Very dignified.  I want to watch a basketball game, not a fashion show.

Edit:  I would like to say that my slow computer did not load the photo at the top until after I had replied.  Those don't look too bad.  Much better than the teal.

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I guess I'm a little different.  I always appreciated dignified looking uniforms over clown outfits.  My favorite was always the dark blue road uniform.  Very dignified.  I want to watch a basketball game, not a fashion show.

🧐🥴. To be fair the 90s had the best jersey designs of all time. But these New Jersey’s especially the regular home and always have so little effort put into them 

59 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

If only the MLK50 blacks didn't have sleeves...

yeah the MLK black jersey was a favourite of mine and a sleeveless version would have been absolutely awesome

15 minutes ago, King Dork said:

The only blue I like is the alternate baby blue Jerseys. That navy blue can go

We'll differ there.  Baby blue is for babies, navy blue is for men.  :lol:

As long as the logo's blue there'll be blue uniforms. But those are 🔥

And you know what, down the road, when Vancouver has a team back and Memphis maybe decides to give the Grizzlies name back. There might just be a good name replacement in there. 

Memphis Souls. Not too bad.

No.

The 2004 (and later modified) logo, colors, and look is Memphis, original and known as such.

It's not borrowing from any other Memphis institutions. It's not copying some other NBA team's look. It's not a previous Memphis' team's jersey.

It's a solid look that isn't flashy and therefore easily dated. The best uniforms and logos are those that look like they are major league and last a long time. The Grizz look is uniquely Memphis, and compared to other drastic changes made in the last twenty years, the only other one I think compares to the timelessness of the Grizz look is when the Warriors went to the boat. 

On 11/24/2020 at 9:44 PM, cdp said:

As long as the logo's blue there'll be blue uniforms. But those are 🔥

And you know what, down the road, when Vancouver has a team back and Memphis maybe decides to give the Grizzlies name back. There might just be a good name replacement in there. 

Memphis Souls. Not too bad.

I always wanted Memphis to get its own name.

But Memphis has had the Grizzlies name for over three times as many seasons as Vancouver had it. That's not to mention that there were Memphis Grizzlies (1975) before there were Vancouver Grizzlies (1995). True, there are actually grizzly bears in the Pacific Northwest, but it's not the like the nickname was like the original choice, "Mounties," that makes no sense in Memphis. "Grizzlies" is a generic team nickname and really no different than the college franchise being the "Tigers." 

If Vancouver ever got another team, it should never want the "Grizzlies" nickname back. The franchise in Vancouver was the worst team in the history of the NBA. Chicago didn't ask for Zephyrs back and they got "Bulls." Minnesota probably would have love to have gotten "Lakers" back but that brand was forged in Los Angeles. The ultimate version of this is New Orleans not getting "Jazz" back. Jazz completely does not work for Salt Lake City, Utah, but it had been the name of over twenty years when New Orleans got back into the NBA. The fans adopted the brand. "Grizzlies" is in no way as regionally specific as "Jazz."

"Memphis Soul" would be incredible as a name for a WNBA team.   

Well said, @Latilleon, and I completely agree.  I don't understand why people get so hung up on team names having some regional significance or affiliation.  It isn't as if there are are Lions and Tigers in Detroit, Pirates/Buccaneers in Pittsburgh and Tampa.  The Jazz and Lakers are great examples of teams building a history with an old name.  The Grizzlies have been in Memphis for some time now.  I think they should just continue to build the history.

2 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

@Latilleon
LATTY !!!!

been more than a minute!

glad to ‘see’ you !

I'm around. Just usually giving my opinions on Twitter. 

Ain't too hard to find me.