Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Hulu & YouTube TV

46 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Just started with att now. Only 65 a month which is the same as YouTube and Hulu now. 

has Disney etc. so I’m good to go

Any more differences? When I switched from DirecTV to YouTubeTV a couple of years ago, YTTV was $49.99. I looked at DirecTV Now at that time but I think it was missing some channels and was more expensive. Now that they are the same price, I may consider AT&T Now, don't you get free HBO or something?

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Any more differences? When I switched from DirecTV to YouTubeTV a couple of years ago, YTTV was $49.99. I looked at DirecTV Now at that time but I think it was missing some channels and was more expensive. Now that they are the same price, I may consider AT&T Now, don't you get free HBO or something?

It’s got all the channels YouTube tv does including Disney. 

it’s got 500 hours of dvr recording too, 

4 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Not sure about hbo

On 12/26/2020 at 1:31 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I just switched from Hulu to AT&T.  Now the Grizz look like they are going to lose a boatload of game and not sure if the Preds will even be a .500 team.  But I got 3 HBO's and a Cinemax which hasn't showed any weekend late night "adult" movies yet that I know of.  LOL!

(Isn't that why people used to call it "skin-a-max" - ??)

Guess I could always go back to Hulu after hoops and hockey ends.

On a separate note... espn+ isn't showing as much as I hoped for of my favorite out of market mid-majors.  That may get cancelled too.

On 12/26/2020 at 1:35 PM, Memphis Maverick said:

Not sure about hbo

Ok, yeah I found this and remembered why I stuck with YTTV, at the time they had all of the sports channels-all of the ESPNs (well, not Classic but I never watched that), FoxSportsRegional (which they no longer have), FS1, FS2, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Olympic, etc I think it was much more at the time for DirecTVNow but now with the price increase for teh Viacom channels, it doesn't seem to be a big of a difference:

https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellite-cable/youtube-tv-directv-now-comparison/

10 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

I just switched from Hulu to AT&T.  Now the Grizz look like they are going to lose a boatload of game and not sure if the Preds will even be a .500 team.  But I got 3 HBO's and a Cinemax which hasn't showed any weekend late night "adult" movies yet that I know of.  LOL!

(Isn't that why people used to call it "skin-a-max" - ??)

Guess I could always go back to Hulu after hoops and hockey ends.

On a separate note... espn+ isn't showing as much as I hoped for of my favorite out of market mid-majors.  That may get cancelled too.

Yeah, loved skin-a-max as a kid (well, when we had cable, many times my older brother, ahem, uhh, well, nevermind, let's just say we had cable)

You would think all of the otehr streaming channels would work out a deal with SInclair but who knows.

On 12/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Ok, yeah I found this and remembered why I stuck with YTTV, at the time they had all of the sports channels-all of the ESPNs (well, not Classic but I never watched that), FoxSportsRegional (which they no longer have), FS1, FS2, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Olympic, etc I think it was much more at the time for DirecTVNow but now with the price increase for teh Viacom channels, it doesn't seem to be a big of a difference:

https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellite-cable/youtube-tv-directv-now-comparison/

Yeah, loved skin-a-max as a kid (well, when we had cable, many times my older brother, ahem, uhh, well, nevermind, let's just say we had cable)

You would think all of the otehr streaming channels would work out a deal with SInclair but who knows.

At some point, the NBA needs to moderate because this is hurting their product.  Nationwide plenty of fan bases are dealing with this, and not seeing the local team means I'm checking out of the sport, not just tuning in to ESPN and TNT.

I don't know if the ESPN/Disney crowd (which owns HULU) is pressuring these streaming services to not settle, but Sinclair needs to just launch their own streaming service or something because nobody is getting money.

50 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

At some point, the NBA needs to moderate because this is hurting their product.  Nationwide plenty of fan bases are dealing with this, and not seeing the local team means I'm checking out of the sport, not just tuning in to ESPN and TNT.

I don't know if the ESPN/Disney crowd (which owns HULU) is pressuring these streaming services to not settle, but Sinclair needs to just launch their own streaming service or something because nobody is getting money.

I don't think they can do much, as a matter of fact, Mark Cuban has said as much:

On if he and other owners are involved with the broadcast negotiations...

Cuban: “There’s not a whole lot we can do, honestly. We’re talking to them and they’re telling me exactly what I convey to you. That they feel really strongly that those platforms are going to have to come around for all the reasons that you guys are hearing that fans want the games, period, end of story. And that’s not good for their business, particularly when you’ve got, particularly, Hulu saying ‘Hulu has live sports’ and now they don’t. So that’s really a strategic branding issue that they’re going to have to address. It’s great for AT&T Now, particularly their month-to-month. You can go and add AT&T Now and do the monthly with it and get the games — and actually, you can even wait a couple days because the first couple ones are ESPN and then TNT and then NBATV, so if you have them, you’re covered for the first three games and can buy some time.”

BTW, AT&T is based in Dallas and is a Mavs partner so yes AT&T Now has it but he's also singing their praises for other reasons.

8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

FoxSports Regional is now rebranding as Bally's Sports Regional (so Bally's Sports Southeast)

And the impasse between Bally's/RSN and the streaming services doesn't sound any closer to being resolved.

I wonder if Pete and Brevin will have to break down gaming odds and spreads.

I'd just be happy if they allowed purchase of the channel a al carte.