GF#1

Grizzlies acquire Mario Hezonjia and Desmond Bane

11 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Terminal scrub love. This board is rife with people who can't see players for what they are.

Some of them still probably fantasize about Andrew Harrison and Nick Calathes

Completely forgot about Kyle and John.  

5 hours ago, JWill4L said:

Hezonja has been trash since he was playing in Spain and still is. Stop the talk about his wingspan, it's not like we are drafting him now.

Guduric is miles ahead of him and we are still probably not gonna keep him.

This is a guy that went to the NBA because he wasn’t getting minutes in Europe. Let that sink.

nah Mario has had plenty of chances to prove he is a player ...and.. he ...couldn't.     I will hand Kleinman the scissors to cut him.    I don't need them trying to revive Mario at the expense of Bane, Grayson, or Konchar development.   

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

To be fair we need wings, at least security for the 3 because Justice is doing what Justice does. Winslow,  Bane,  Dillon and Mario.  Not sure if Bane can play because he hasn't played a game,  we know Justise is missing the start of the season. I think we have to keep him

I see your point, but in order to keep Mario we need to cut some other player on the roster besides Guduric, so who is that player?

You cannot cut an expiring like Dieng, that will become a valuable asset come deadline. I don’t think the FO would have offered a multi-year contract to Porter and Konchar if they were planning on letting them go. And that’s about all the options. 

If we don’t make trades before the start of the season, Hezonja is gone.

12 minutes ago, misae said:

I see your point, but in order to keep Mario we need to cut some other player on the roster besides Guduric, so who is that player?

You cannot cut an expiring like Dieng, that will become a valuable asset come deadline. I don’t think the FO would have offered a multi-year contract to Porter and Konchar if they were planning on letting them go. And that’s about all the options. 

It’s likely they make a 2for1 trade but they will probably just cut Mario

Lol...  Wow didnt know the hate for Mario was so strong...   Again, he has talent and he plays defense...  Thats what he can bring to the table, no one expects him to start..  You guys hatin on the Croation Sensation...😁  What's the problem? ?

14 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I love Konchar. Dude needs to get his shot going but hes great on defense 

True, and not as much getting his shot going, more letting it fly. He's got a really good looking form, but only took 10 shots from deep last year (shot 50% though).

51 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Lol...  Wow didnt know the hate for Mario was so strong...   Again, he has talent and he plays defense...  Thats what he can bring to the table, no one expects him to start..  You guys hatin on the Croation Sensation...😁  What's the problem? ?

Them signing Porter just made it hard to believe they would keep Mario.... now something no one is talking about is which would you have Grayson or Hezonja cause that could be another way for him to stick since they brought Melton back and drafted Bane Grayson doesn’t really have a spot at the two anymore maybe he gets added to a trade 

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Them signing Porter just made it hard to believe they would keep Mario.... now something no one is talking about is which would you have Grayson or Hezonja cause that could be another way for him to stick since they brought Melton back and drafted Bane Grayson doesn’t really have a spot at the two anymore maybe he gets added to a trade 

I doubt Grayson is going anywhere. Bane can and will most likely play the 3 given his size. Plus Grayson's most recent play was very positive, shooting nearly 49% from 3 in the bubble on over 6 attempts per game. That's far better than what Mario had ever shot from the field, let alone from 3.

18 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I'm about 99.803% sure that if they have to cut 2 players, it will be Mario and Marko. Maybe Grayson could be available in a trade, but it's a 98.06896% chance that Marko and Mario will be cut to get to 15 players. It's teh simple easy way but nothing will happen until they are forced to be at 15 players. 

8 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'm about 99.803% sure that if they have to cut 2 players, it will be Mario and Marko. Maybe Grayson could be available in a trade, but it's a 98.06896% chance that Marko and Mario will be cut to get to 15 players. It's teh simple easy way but nothing will happen until they are forced to be at 15 players. 

So how would you break down the other 1.93104% odds on whether one of Marko or Mario will be cut or neither one of them?

37 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I doubt Grayson is going anywhere. Bane can and will most likely play the 3 given his size. Plus Grayson's most recent play was very positive, shooting nearly 49% from 3 in the bubble on over 6 attempts per game. That's far better than what Mario had ever shot from the field, let alone from 3.

I think Bane can play either wing position with Winslow, Dillon, and Kyle. Bane’s best avenue to consistent playing time is at the 2 he just has to beat out Melton and Grayson

1 hour ago, Grizzhype said:

Wondering when you have seen evidence of Mario having talent?

2 hours ago, misae said:

Yeah i figured,  we shall see how this unfolds

Grayson is a good player on a rookie contract who shot almost 50% from three in the bubble while improving his defense a bit. He's going nowhere.

I mean, I know that you like things to be exciting, but I think the decision is not gonna be exciting at all: Marko and Mario go out, and you keep Dieng as an expiring until the trade deadline. I highly doubt they will do a trade now, but you never know, I guess.

Just now, The J Crew said:

Wondering when you have seen evidence of Mario having talent?

Mario just looks the part but he really hasn’t shown enough flashes to warrant keeping him but I don’t see why he can’t stick around till camp unless there is a better option to bring in via trade

2 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

In my case and JWill's, that we have known him for almost a decade and he's still the same mediocre player with an inflated ego he was when he landed in Barcelona. Expecting him to change now is a bit optimistic.

To put it in terms anyone could understand, he has a Dillon Brooks personality in a Marko Guduric body.

1 minute ago, JWill4L said:

Grayson is a good player on a rookie contract who shot almost 50% from three in the bubble while improving his defense a bit. He's going nowhere.

I mean, I know that you like things to be exciting, but I think the decision is not gonna be exciting at all: Marko and Mario go out, and you keep Dieng as an expiring until the trade deadline. I highly doubt they will do a trade now, but you never know, I guess.

Yep. Just like a few were twisting themselves in knots trying to figure out a way to trade for James Wiseman, when that was never going to happen. Or re-sign Josh Jackson, also never going to happen.

Hezonja was a dump  minimum contract Portland needed us to take so they had room for Kanter, so that we could get the Celts pick and draft Bane. More pertinent question is do the Grizz even have Mario show up for camp on December 1st?

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

In my case and JWill's, that we have known him for almost a decade and he's still the same mediocre player with an inflated ego he was when he landed in Barcelona. Expecting him to change now is a bit optimistic.

To put it in terms anyone could understand, he has a Dillon Brooks personality in a Marko Guduric body.

If that is still the case then he can go and see if he gets picked up on a minimum deal

Just now, The J Crew said:

Yep. Just like a few were twisting themselves in knots trying to figure out a way to trade for James Wiseman, when that was never going to happen. Or re-sign Josh Jackson, also never going to happen.

Hezonja was a dump  minimum contract Portland needed us to take so they had room for Kanter, so that we could get the Celts pick and draft Bane. More pertinent question is do the Grizz even have Mario show up for camp on December 1st?

I think the decent thing is try to find a trade until then and if nothing comes up cut him so he can find another team (we'll get cap relief when he signs, NBA or elsewhere). I mean, I don't like the guy but I don't hate him.

Marko on the other hand might deserve a last shot. I'm not set either way.

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

For the second part, probably. Unless they like someone from the undrafted FA pool to get them into the Hustle, Hezonja will stay until the last minute. And, if he's smart enough, he would go back to Europe to sign with a low-table Euroleague team who can give him consistent minutes.

Just now, fanboyslim said:

I think the decent thing is try to find a trade until then and if nothing comes up cut him so he can find another team (we'll get cap relief when he signs, NBA or elsewhere). I mean, I don't like the guy but I don't hate him.

Agree on Marko. Still think he's a high IQ guy who was too scared to make mistakes last season. But I had the same feeling with Rade Zagocar, which means everybody can be wrong 😅

Just now, fanboyslim said:

Nobody wants these guys. Like 24 teams already have 14 roster spots filled, and that doesn't include the 2nd rounders who will get guaranteed deals.

Just like we don't want end of rotation guys on other teams. Preseason is short this year. Camp on the 1st, first games 3 weeks later on the 22nd, only 3 preseason games. Really no need to come to camp with 20 players. In any case, Mario won't be here long. 

Just now, JWill4L said:

Agree on Marko. Still think he's a high IQ guy who was too scared to make mistakes last season. But I had the same feeling with Rade Zagocar, which means everybody can be wrong 😅

Wellllll... :lol:

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

Nobody wants these guys. Like 24 teams already have 14 roster spots filled, and that doesn't include the 2nd rounders who will get guaranteed deals.

Just like we don't want end of rotation guys on other teams. Preseason is short this year. Camp on the 1st, first games 3 weeks later on the 22nd, only 3 preseason games. Really no need to come to camp with 20 players. In any case, Mario won't be here long. 

I'm thinking the only realistic trades would involve swapping 2nd round picks and/or sending some cash for a team to absorb their contracts and cut them to make some extra room below the tax ahead of the trade season. But since both expire at the end of this season we may as well just waive them.