Ole Dirty Klondike

Jaren and Justise Still Recovering, Will Not Be Ready for Season Start

54 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

Justise becomes Justine if he doesn't get back soon.

Now y'all know how Heat fans felt and why I didn't like this trade. A lot of them were happy to see him go (based on Twitter comments). Felt he was too fragile.

25 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Now y'all know how Heat fans felt and why I didn't like this trade. A lot of them were happy to see him go (based on Twitter comments). Felt he was too fragile.

at least this will be his last season as a Grizzlies .after this season he should be off our books 

i,m excited about our 2024 Goldenstate  first round pick 

21 minutes ago, lions said:

i,m excited about our 2024 Goldenstate  first round pick 

Is it unprotected that year?  Is that the Bronny James draft?  

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

If they don't come back soon I can suit up.  I'm a 40 something fat dude but hey, at least I'm out there ya know

I can get out there and over-pass.  Attempt too many entry passes.  I also like to do an instant heat check when the game starts with a full wind-up hook shot.  Haven’t hit one since Obama was in office.  Who am I kidding?  I mainly just do half court games of 3 on 3.

6 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yes, this has been stated, and yet I find the likeliness of it small.

However, it does make me wonder what the minute distribution will be, including who starts.

Ja/ Tyus

DB/Grayson

Kyle/Justise

JJJ/BC

JV/Dieng, but really depends on matchups

Part of me wonders if Jenkins will have the Duke lads key up the 2nd unit with Tyus, Justise and Grayson together.

I also don't foresee Bane & Melton not being part of the rotation, and expect that if JJJ is good to go, he can go up to C, and Bane or Melton can rotate in.

We can call that starting lineup the No Justise 5.

15 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I can get out there and over-pass.  Attempt too many entry passes.  I also like to do an instant heat check when the game starts with a full wind-up hook shot.  Haven’t hit one since Obama was in office.  Who am I kidding?  I mainly just do half court games of 3 on 3.

Make it rain 

12 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Yeah. If Jaren who got hurt like 3 weeks after Justise, actually had surgery and is no iron man himself comes back first, I give up on justise.

Of course my opinion means nothing but my posts flaming him will be fire

Let’s hope we are proven very wrong. But yes

18 hours ago, lions said:

at least this will be his last season as a Grizzlies .after this season he should be off our books 

I don't think the decision will be that easy.  Right now, the way Kyle is playing, he is a step up from whatever Justise was doing in Miami. However, if the docs say he is healthy, and he is a solid contributor, and better than what the Grizzlies will be able to land in free agency, which he may be, they will have a tough decision to make.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I don't think the decision will be that easy.  Right now, the way Kyle is playing, he is a step up from whatever Justise was doing in Miami. However, if the docs say he is healthy, and he is a solid contributor, and better than what the Grizzlies will be able to land in free agency, which he may be, they will have a tough decision to make.

your 100 percent about that ,if he stays healthy and is a solid contributor, the problem he has not shown  any signs of that for the past 2 years

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

IMO, not really. Kyle and Justise have similar skillsets in my opinion and they are redundant. (different body types and Justise is more athletic) Kyle is under contract for 1 more year. I truthfully think they acquired Justise thinking they would move on from Kyle since Justise is younger and more athletic but brings the same skillset. Just 1 problem, Justise can't stay healthy.

I see no reason to pick up Winslow's option even if he plays every game for the rest of this season. If there is no clear upgrade out there, just rely on Kyle instead of adding $13 mil on the books for a guy who will probably miss half of the season next year anyway.

I agree ODK, if he came back this week, and played every game and played very well, I would consider it, but it’s not likely. I think also, there are going to be guys willing to come and play with Ja and Jaren if things progress with them.

Agree as well. This guy play not much basketball for 2 years. If he  can play at least 40 games this year, just let him go. Salary is not low, and i prefer not to compare salary/min played.... 

5 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

I agree ODK, if he came back this week, and played every game and played very well, I would consider it, but it’s not likely. I think also, there are going to be guys willing to come and play with Ja and Jaren if things progress with them.

The problem is it isn't many good free agents this/ year.  Evan Fournier is the only guy that intrigues me

Seriously,  if Winslow isn't back by the next game, just shut him down for the rest of the season and forget picking up his option for next year.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Seriously,  if Winslow isn't back by the next game, just shut him down for the rest of the season and forget picking up his option for next year.

Im about with you here. part of the problem is the fo's ownership of their own media, and the lack of a good heel biter reporter on the outside. in herrington and others' defenses, they would lose almost all contact with the team if they were to play hardball. it is a disservice to this city and to us fans for there not to be critical reporting and fact digging as far as injury status and return. 

slim.

1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

Im about with you here. part of the problem is the fo's ownership of their own media, and the lack of a good heel biter reporter on the outside. in herrington and others' defenses, they would lose almost all contact with the team if they were to play hardball. it is a disservice to this city and to us fans for there not to be critical reporting and fact digging as far as injury status and return. 

slim.

It's pretty frustrating. That Grind City Media stuff sounded good but I do think they cut off all connections with local beat writers. I mean, heck, the Grizz don't even have a beat writer for The Athletic anymore. It's just generic NBA stories in the Grizz section. I hate that I got a subscription. 

The team controls everything and who knows what's going on with Winslow but at some point, something needs to be communicated or they need to just move on. If Jaren comes back before WInslow, there's something else going on there.

Memphis Grizzlies return to practice Wednesday night

After a week off, the Grizzlies will return to practice Wednesday night.

The Grizzlies (7-6) have been on hiatus since Jan. 20 when their first game against the Portland Trail Blazers was postponed due to COVID-19 issues. Their last game was on Jan. 18, a win against the Phoenix Suns.

They've had five consecutive games postponed, including a game scheduled against the Chicago Bulls tonight. Prior to Jan 20, the team was on a five-game winning streak and emerging as one of the NBA's best defensive units.

Returning to practice is the clearest sign that the Grizzlies are on track to play their next game on Saturday at the San Antonio Spurs. But it's unclear is how many players will participate in practice.

Jonas Valanciunas has been sidelined by the league's health and safety protocols since Jan. 17 and per ESPN, no other Grizzlies have entered protocols.

There could also be updates on the statuses of Justise Winslow and Jaren Jackson Jr. Both are still rehabbing from injuries and moved a week closer to returning, although there's still no timetable when that is.

For now, the Grizzlies having three days on the court to prepare for the Spurs is a step towards resuming their season.

from local newspaper The Commercial Appeal :

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/nba/grizzlies/2021/01/27/memphis-grizzlies-resume-practice-wednesday-night-nba-covid-19-postponements/4267375001/

21 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Lol. Memphis media is useless.

Imagine Jaren and Justice not coming back until the end of February

this. 👆

slim. 

They obviously moved a week closer. What was the point of saying that?😅😂

19 minutes ago, Allen said:

They obviously moved a week closer. What was the point of saying that?😅😂

Newsflash: The arrow of time still advancing at one second per second.