Ole Dirty Klondike

Jaren and Justise Still Recovering, Will Not Be Ready for Season Start

2 hours ago, lions said:

because if he goes out there and fails then his stock goes why down, grizzlies do not pick up next years op , then next year his agent tells other teams he 100 percent heathy , then some other team may give him a big contract .agent have alots of power 

Why would anyone give him a big contract?  He's never been that good and can't seem to get on the court.

3 hours ago, lions said:

because if he goes out there and fails then his stock goes why down, grizzlies do not pick up next years op , then next year his agent tells other teams he 100 percent heathy , then some other team may give him a big contract .agent have alots of power 

If he doesn’t play soon, if I’m the GM, I would cut ties, ASAP , I doubt anyone gives him a big contract, unless he proves to be able to stay on the court.

15 hours ago, KyleB said:

Was it on Jackson right before the interstate going towards Raleigh? That was where you took a "hot" pager to get connected no questions asked.

Yup

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why would anyone give him a big contract?  He's never been that good and can't seem to get on the court.

I'm rooting hard for Justise to get on the court and succeed, but I don't understand why anyone would think he has any leverage on contract negotiations. He's not in Chancun territory in the sense that as far as we know he doesn't have a non-healing physical issue, but he's getting there in terms of actual on court availability.

16 hours ago, KyleB said:

Was it on Jackson right before the interstate going towards Raleigh? That was where you took a "hot" pager to get connected no questions asked.

I went to church over there growing up.

5 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

If he doesn’t play soon, if I’m the GM, I would cut ties, ASAP , I doubt anyone gives him a big contract, unless he proves to be able to stay on the court.

this is not the N.F.L  this is a players league , these Todays N.B.A players will go around and say the grizzlies are a unfair then they may /WILL  have a hard time signing F.A 

I mean, justice gave a time table for his return without actually saying anything. He should be back next week. If we go off what his shirt said 

Is there an update on either of them?

Last I heard was before the end of Jan but it's already the 19th. 

8 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Is there an update on either of them?

Last I heard was before the end of Jan but it's already the 19th. 

Jaren seemed to indicate that it would be before the end of January on the broadcast yesterday. I know both have returned to some on court activities according to Jenkins last week. That doesn't mean practice, but most likely some conditioning and individual work. 

9 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Jaren seemed to indicate that it would be before the end of January on the broadcast yesterday. I know both have returned to some on court activities according to Jenkins last week. That doesn't mean practice, but most likely some conditioning and individual work. 

Didn't someone say Justise would be back before Jaren? There isn't a lot of room left.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Didn't someone say Justise would be back before Jaren? There isn't a lot of room left.

You must not have seen his shirt. It said seven days on it. Forgot what game it was

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Yes, this has been stated, and yet I find the likeliness of it small.

However, it does make me wonder what the minute distribution will be, including who starts.

Ja/ Tyus

DB/Grayson

Kyle/Justise

JJJ/BC

JV/Dieng, but really depends on matchups

Part of me wonders if Jenkins will have the Duke lads key up the 2nd unit with Tyus, Justise and Grayson together.

I also don't foresee Bane & Melton not being part of the rotation, and expect that if JJJ is good to go, he can go up to C, and Bane or Melton can rotate in.

When will Porter get a look?  Get the feeling he will be productive like Tillman, Konchar, Bane. Another guy that does some of everything. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

When will Porter get a look?  Get the feeling he will be productive like Tillman, Konchar, Bane. Another guy that does some of everything. 

I have the same feeling, if he produces Dieng probably will never see the court. This is the best roster we ever had? Everybody can play and none of guys are a bad player. 

22 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

It's been 377 days since Justise Winslow has played a game:

• 32,572,800 seconds
  • 542,880 minutes
  • 9048 hours
  • 377 days
  • 53 weeks and 6 days
  • 103.29% of a common year (365 days)

That's harsh.

Last year was a leap year 😂

13 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I just got a call from Karen in accounting demanding to speak with the manager of the boards. What the heck dig you guys do?

11 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

So did you put her in touch with @Subliminal?

9 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Yes, but she is still on hold. I just reassured her that her call is important to us.

So without going into all the details, Karen decided to call the police, but she herself ended up getting arrested. We don’t have to worry about her anymore

thank God were are winning without those guys 

43 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

So without going into all the details, Karen decided to call the police, but she herself ended up getting arrested. We don’t have to worry about her anymore

Don't tell @10SC-2-TOKYO, I think maybe he had a crush on Karen from accounting.

23 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

Justise becomes Justine if he doesn't get back soon.

Yeah. If Jaren who got hurt like 3 weeks after Justise, actually had surgery and is no iron man himself comes back first, I give up on justise.

Of course my opinion means nothing but my posts flaming him will be fire

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yes, this has been stated, and yet I find the likeliness of it small.

However, it does make me wonder what the minute distribution will be, including who starts.

Ja/ Tyus

DB/Grayson

Kyle/Justise

JJJ/BC

JV/Dieng, but really depends on matchups

Part of me wonders if Jenkins will have the Duke lads key up the 2nd unit with Tyus, Justise and Grayson together.

I also don't foresee Bane & Melton not being part of the rotation, and expect that if JJJ is good to go, he can go up to C, and Bane or Melton can rotate in.

This is my expectation too, at least to toward the beginning of him coming back. From an injury standpoint and basketball standpoint I think it makes the most sense. We could have the best bench in NBA history in theory.