Ole Dirty Klondike

Jaren and Justise Still Recovering, Will Not Be Ready for Season Start

Our front office gives our players alot of time to get back 100% healthy and I agree with that.

However I think we are reaching the point were Wislow has to start playing dude has almost 2 years without basketball.

26 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Our front office gives our players alot of time to get back 100% healthy and I agree with that.

However I think we are reaching the point were Wislow has to start playing dude has almost 2 years without basketball.

i believe its not justise wislow who calling the shots here its his agent 

9 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I’ve been watching Wiseman in Golden State ...leading the break and getter some blocks in ...

the future of the 5 spot has arrived 

I’m thinking thinner and leaner with handles

We have Jaren

On 1/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I’ve been watching Wiseman in Golden State ...leading the break and getter some blocks in ...

the future of the 5 spot has arrived 

I’m thinking thinner and leaner with handles

what happened to the trend of the month with small ball?  BUT I agree the 5 position and importance is evolving...the trend is moving towards 7 feet again,  athletic and the ideal weight depends on how they use their frame, but add 265-275 to that profile.  If you look at the top prospects at the 5 this year, the majority are bigger than the past.

22 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

what happened to the trend of the month with small ball?  BUT I agree the 5 position and importance is evolving...the trend is moving towards 7 feet again,  athletic and the ideal weight depends on how they use their frame, but add 265-275 to that profile.  If you look at the top prospects at the 5 this year, the majority are bigger than the past.

The guy out Texas could be nice

6 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

I think you are right.  I predicted the era of small ball has over.  I also remember when Josh Pastner used to run his 4 Guard offense.  I used to post on the FB tigers board — “why not just play FIVE guards???”  So yeah... my fault guys!!!

On 1/15/2021 at 1:50 PM, toocoolkellz said:

Do you remember just beepers store?

Was it on Jackson right before the interstate going towards Raleigh? That was where you took a "hot" pager to get connected no questions asked.

On 1/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, toocoolkellz said:

They used to sell 3-6 tapes

We used to buy them from Queen B's store on Hollywood after riding through Standridge street or stopping by the hot dog stand on Chelsea. They would also sell us beer there too even though none of us were even 18 yet, much less 21. Coldest 40s of Busch in the whole city.

5 minutes ago, KyleB said:

We used to buy them from Queen B's store on Hollywood after riding through Standridge street or stopping by the hot dog stand on Jackson. They would also sell us beer there too even though none of us were even 18 yet, much less 21. Coldest 40s of Busch in the whole city.

Lol good times 

3 hours ago, KyleB said:

We used to buy them from Queen B's store on Hollywood after riding through Standridge street or stopping by the hot dog stand on Chelsea. They would also sell us beer there too even though none of us were even 18 yet, much less 21. Coldest 40s of Busch in the whole city.

My spot was Mr. Z’s tire shop

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

It's been 377 days since Justise Winslow has played a game:

• 32,572,800 seconds
  • 542,880 minutes
  • 9048 hours
  • 377 days
  • 53 weeks and 6 days
  • 103.29% of a common year (365 days)

Something I thought was interesting were Jaren's comments during the interview with the TNT guys. He said something to the effect of that he gets along with "pretty much everyone." Its such a strange thing to say. If you got along with everyone, you'd just say you get along with everyone, you wouldn't say 'pretty much' everyone. And on top of that, during Ja had a similarish comment during his post-game interview. I wish I had the quotes, and I hope I'm not misrepresenting their words, but it seemed like he  was saying that pretty much everyone brings it every night. I'm wondering now if they mean Justise. 

I cant think of who else it could possibly be, excluding a small possibility that its Dillon because of Dillon things. But I've heard the guys say positive things about Dillon, and you can never fault his effort, which I'm sure his teammates see. So I'm guessing there is some bad energy going on there. How could there not be really? It seems like everyone is working hard to contribute and Justise is just there staring off into the distance, no personality that I can see.

Is his injury really THIS bad? I don't know man. I just want to seem him play in a Grizzlies uniform and be successful and gain that love from the city that everyone who plays hard always gets.

8 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Something I thought was interesting were Jaren's comments during the interview with the TNT guys. He said something to the effect of that he gets along with "pretty much everyone." Its such a strange thing to say. If you got along with everyone, you'd just say you get along with everyone, you wouldn't say 'pretty much' everyone. And on top of that, during Ja had a similarish comment during his post-game interview. I wish I had the quotes, and I hope I'm not misrepresenting their words, but it seemed like he  was saying that pretty much everyone brings it every night. I'm wondering now if they mean Justise. 

I cant think of who else it could possibly be, excluding a small possibility that its Dillon because of Dillon things. But I've heard the guys say positive things about Dillon, and you can never fault his effort, which I'm sure his teammates see. So I'm guessing there is some bad energy going on there. How could there not be really? It seems like everyone is working hard to contribute and Justise is just there staring off into the distance, no personality that I can see.

Is his injury really THIS bad? I don't know man. I just want to seem him play in a Grizzlies uniform and be successful and gain that love from the city that everyone who plays hard always gets.

I do believe you're reading into Jaren's comments a little too much. He's just being casual in conversation, it doesn't have to mean anything. Now there could be problems, but that doesn't mean it's Justise. Far too much speculation there. I didn't hear Ja's comments so I can't speak on that. They seem to be very close to Justise on the bench. 

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

I do believe you're reading into Jaren's comments a little too much. He's just being casual in conversation, it doesn't have to mean anything. Now there could be problems, but that doesn't mean it's Justise. Far too much speculation there. I didn't hear Ja's comments so I can't speak on that. They seem to be very close to Justise on the bench. 

I don't doubt that I could be wrong, but both comments stuck out, and Ja's in particular, as they seemed to back up what Jarend said. I agree that he could have just been conversational, but I think there could possibly be something there.

17 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yeah, probably nothing, but even if it were, it might not be a player.  Could be Karen in accounting.