Ole Dirty Klondike

Jaren and Justise Still Recovering, Will Not Be Ready for Season Start

10 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Harden is of the new pick where they want to play and pout / sit out until they get their way generation ...

he actually listed (demanded) a few already stacked teams as possible destinations...

He never really bothered me like that before but now he gets cp3 levels of hate all day from this way

No to harden

as if this was ever really an option (it wasn’t)

I honestly respect CP3 more, at least he handles himself like a professional 

15 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

No, I wouldn't even have the conversation. Why? We should bring him here cause he's a superstar? It would be a total disaster. He has already shown that he doesn't want to play with ball dominant guards because he likes to dominate the ball. If he couldn't play nicely with All- Star veterans like Chris Paul and Russel Westbrook while winning, what makes you think it would work with Ja? They had on court success but he disapproved behind the scenes.

Also, he's mentioned that he wants to go to a contender, Memphis is no contender, not to mention how much we would have to give up to match salary. He would be a total distraction here. a humongous headache and a total arse. And why would HOU take straight trash like Dieng, an injured Winslow and filler? How does that help them? HOU holds the cards here. They don't have to trade him. If I'm HOU, I'm demanding Ja in any trade. Trading for a $40 mil + per year contract would mean we send back numerous assets. I don't see how this would "help us" cause he could be worse than Iggy if you ask me from a PR perspective but then we would give up several assets which would alter our immediate plans and Harden probably wouldn't even suit up. Sounds like something Chris Wallace would try, glad this F.O. ain't Chris Wallace.

He'd probably never practice, try to dictate when the practices take place if he did, etc... Hou is probably just sick of his shhh and ready to move on. We shouldn't even entertain some Harden,  man plays no defense and is a huge diva. No freaking thank you

7 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I wonder if Jaren will play this year, yep, I said this year. I'm a little skeptical myself. 

The team said they both will be reevaluated around MLK day

10 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Not 2020, let’s hope 21

7 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Definitely not this year, as has been stated by the organization. 

2 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

They said he'll be reevaluated in Jan I think

Sorry, let me clarify...I meant the 2020-21 season.

20 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Jaren and Justise are made out of glass until proven otherwise

Jaren's a tad bit more durable...maybe Jaren is our paper mache boy and Justise is made out of paper clips and scotch tape?

7 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

The team said they both will be reevaluated around MLK day

We are gonna know a lot about our season by MLK Day.  We might also know (basically) if we have any other long-term centerpieces besides Ja Morant.

JJJ is a snowflake.

He is supremely talented but until he can stay on the floor including staying healthy and limiting his fouling issues, he is unfulfilled potential. 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, Jetfixer said:

I hope they all do..........Winslow worries me most

I agree about Winslow.  I guess I cant miss what I didnt ever have, so Winslow is just this name out there that I know is on the team but I have no idea what he is going to do when he plays.  

What troubles me more is Jaren.  He seems to be hurt alot and now Kleiman says in todays hip vernacular that he will be out "a minute."   What the hell does that mean?   Half the regular season?  The whole regular season?  What is wrong with him?  Is it his quad? If not, what is he nursing?   

It was just a little over a year ago that everyone was saying this was JJJ Jrs team.   He worked on his 3 pt shot and got much better.  But then he was injured during the playoffs and now Ja has basically taken over the team and its now Ja's team and we dont hear much about JJJ.  That troubles me. I dont want JJJ to become disgruntled and want to pull an Anthony Davis with NOLA and just want to leave. I would hope there could be  3rd stud player to go with Ja and JJJ and MEM could have its own version of a big 3.

4 hours ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

I agree about Winslow.  I guess I cant miss what I didnt ever have, so Winslow is just this name out there that I know is on the team but I have no idea what he is going to do when he plays.  

What troubles me more is Jaren.  He seems to be hurt alot and now Kleiman says in todays hip vernacular that he will be out "a minute."   What the hell does that mean?   Half the regular season?  The whole regular season?  What is wrong with him?  Is it his quad? If not, what is he nursing?   

It was just a little over a year ago that everyone was saying this was JJJ Jrs team.   He worked on his 3 pt shot and got much better.  But then he was injured during the playoffs and now Ja has basically taken over the team and its now Ja's team and we dont hear much about JJJ.  That troubles me. I dont want JJJ to become disgruntled and want to pull an Anthony Davis with NOLA and just want to leave. I would hope there could be  3rd stud player to go with Ja and JJJ and MEM could have its own version of a big 3.

They should probably trade him for Colby White while they have a chance

10 hours ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

Jaren hurt his knee in the bubble. Jaren isn't a diva, him and Ja get along just fine seemingly. We're also better than new Orleans was pretty much at any point in Davis's tenure in New Orleans except for one season. That plus, we already have the second star Davis never really had besides a season of cousins. He'll be fine. 

14 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Jaren hurt his knee in the bubble. Jaren isn't a diva, him and Ja get along just fine seemingly. We're also better than new Orleans was pretty much at any point in Davis's tenure in New Orleans except for one season. That plus, we already have the second star Davis never really had besides a season of cousins. He'll be fine. 

Agreed; I think Jaren is just fine being a 2nd (or even 3rd) fiddle. Don't think anyone on this team will be disgruntled by Ja being the clear alpha on this team. Brooks has probably the most inflated sense of confidence on the team and even he seems to be receptive to the coaching staff's message of sharing the ball more this season.

On 12/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, ACGrizz said:

Agreed; I think Jaren is just fine being a 2nd (or even 3rd) fiddle. Don't think anyone on this team will be disgruntled by Ja being the clear alpha on this team. Brooks has probably the most inflated sense of confidence on the team and even he seems to be receptive to the coaching staff's message of sharing the ball more this season.

I'm with 3rd fiddle for JJJ right now.  He has the talent to be a good 2, but his injuries, fouling, overemotional personality, lack of rebounding, awkwardness, questionable IQ... I would rather bet on someone else as a #2 than him. 

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

I'm with 3rd fiddle for JJJ right now.  He has the talent to be a good 2, but his injuries, fouling, overemotional personality, lack of rebounding, awkwardness, questionable IQ... I would rather bet on someone else as a #2 than him. 

For me Jaren is a 3rd option on a championship team, with the potential to be a 1st if he devolop his game the way he should. He is extremily young, if he wants to, he can become a unicorn like ppl claim him to be.

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Kristaps had his lateral meniscus surgery 7 weeks after Jaren.

lol JJJ makes Kristaps Porzingis look like an iron man. And that my friends is almost impossible to do. 
Either Jaren is the slowest healer in the world, he’s soft, or the front office is treating him like fine china. 

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

For me Jaren is a 3rd option on a championship team, with the potential to be a 1st if he devolop his game the way he should. He is extremily young, if he wants to, he can become a unicorn like ppl claim him to be.

If Jaren is the 1st option it means Ja already left the Grizz and we are F   ed.

1 hour ago, BAMAFREAK said:

lol JJJ makes Kristaps Porzingis look like an iron man. And that my friends is almost impossible to do. 
Either Jaren is the slowest healer in the world, he’s soft, or the front office is treating him like fine china. 

I think they are holding Jaren and Winslow out purposely, hoping for a high draft pick in a year where the loss of revenue from ticket sales that comes from being a bad team is mitigated by COVID.

Best time to tank when the fans cant hold you accountable. 

2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Probably true.  But can you afford to max out a 3rd option/Chris Bosh type.  

If we are “tanking” then I hope we end up with Evan Mobley or Jalen Green.  Tier 1 (or Tier 2 at worst) guys and prototypes for their positions.  I have Kuminga at least a tier below (more of a mystery product) as well as Suggs and Cade.  After those guys I am not even sure who I would want.  Maybe you trade down at that point.  We have assets we can move to potentially move up but if all of Green/Mobley/Suggs/Cade/Kuminga are gone then I think it will be that much more difficult to move up — unless Scottie Barnes or someone else can make this thing anything more than a 5 player (tops) draft.  Some good consolation prizes after that but I don’t see a TON of franchise anchors.

3 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Well, since JJJ has been in the league, he has played 115 games. During that same time period, KP has played 57.

With that being said, he probably missed a ton of games in his first year that he didn't need to miss but the f.o. didn't want him out there. I get the feeling they are going the "long route" with this meniscus repair rehab as well.

35 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, since JJJ has been in the league, he has played 115 games. During that same time period, KP has played 5.

With that being said, he probably missed a ton of games in his first year that he didn't need to miss but the f.o. didn't want him out there. I get the feeling they are going the "long route" with this meniscus repair rehab as well.

I feel like that doesn't get emphasized enough.   FO held Jaren out in order to help the tank that year (zion and Ja).   It was reported several times he couldve come back.  

47 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I feel like that doesn't get emphasized enough.   FO held Jaren out in order to help the tank that year (zion and Ja).   It was reported several times he couldve come back.  

You know this gets said, and I believe it to be the case, but some here strongly dispute the premise of this