Ole Dirty Klondike

Jaren and Justise Still Recovering, Will Not Be Ready for Season Start

58 minutes ago, lions said:

if you are Big man in the NBA you can make millions of dollars even if you have limit talent ,just ask jon leuer

Jon Leuer earned $41M over ten years of career, or little more than $4M a year. Not exactly breaking the bank.

He was an ok bench player. If he hadn't been showcased as the hidden gem in that turd of a trade he'd be completely unremarkable.

6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Jon Leuer earned $41M over ten years of career, or little more than $4M a year. Not exactly breaking the bank.

He was an ok bench player. If he hadn't been showcased as the hidden gem in that turd of a trade he'd be completely unremarkable.

i.m 6ft 2 and i was never that talented to be consider to play in the N.B.A but if I was 7ft  there would have been many of scouts out there watching my game and because of my 7ft size i may have been offered something 

Just now, lions said:

i.m 6ft 2 and i was never that talented to be consider to play in the N.B.A but if I was 7ft  there would have been many of scouts out there watching my game and because of my 7ft size i may have been offered something 

some one told me a long time ago you cannot teach size 

6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

41 millions to alots of people is breaking the bank 

1 minute ago, I❤️JV said:

Great News we  will need both of them 

You know who I want to see.......Jontay. 

both of our guys need to have great recoveries and then make a positive impact when coming back into the fold.

no pressure, but both are on the cusp of being labeled ip. just saying.

slim.

1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

both of our guys need to have great recoveries and then make a positive impact when coming back into the fold.

no pressure, but both are on the cusp of being labeled ip. just saying.

slim.

Agree, but I think Justise moved past the cusp of the IP label, and wears it prominently now. Averaging 48 games played, and missing full postseasons, over his first 5 seasons earns him the IP name, imo. And now of course missing the start of his 6th season. 

Some of us posted JJJ is close to the IP label when he tore his meniscus in August. One poster said to 'GTFOH with that nonsense'. Now, looks like JJJ will miss at least around the first 20 games of his 3rd season, so still will not have played a 60 game season after 3 years. Not good. 

As Bill Parcells and others said, the most important ability is availability. 

2 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

Does jaren know that he might miss 20 games, that is the first time I’ve heard that big a number published anywhere...crap that hurts this team and him huge...

It's not published anywhere, because the Grizz give as little information as possible on injuries. We didn't even know Jaren had surgery until after he was out of the hospital. 

And I would take the over on the 20 games. JJJ is still wearing a big leg brace shooting shots in warm ups. Between tomorrow and Feb 10th, 50 days, the Grizz play 26 games. 

7 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I don't even understand how winslow is still hurt honestly. He had a 6 month hip injury off of a fall?

Did he fall out of the upper level at FedEx??

26 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I don't even understand how winslow is still hurt honestly. He had a 6 month hip injury off of a fall?

He's played 15 minutes and 33 seconds in one game in 13 months due to two injuries, neither of which required surgery. 

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

He's played 15 minutes and 33 seconds in one game in 13 months due to two injuries, neither of which required surgery. 

Srsly tho, 6 months for a hip injury that didn't require surgery? How?

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Good lord that's depressing when written like that. 

31 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Definitely a red flag situation. I’m skeptical until he proves otherwise. Granted I know nothing about hip injuries (so far), but that’s an awful long time to be sore.

13 hours ago, The J Crew said:

And people wondered why I didn't like this trade when it happened. They wanted to talk about how great a fit he was and how he's a good guy and how he has the potential to do all of these things, none of that matters if he doesn't play.

I'd be surprised if he played more than 35 games this season and that's stretching it. He also seems to have a little Kyrie in him to me as well.

10 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

In my opinion anything other than a Gordon Hayward type thing for him, he needs to prove he can stay on the court. Next time he falls down and misses games he’s free to be called out.