Ole Dirty Klondike

Jaren and Justise Still Recovering, Will Not Be Ready for Season Start

1 hour ago, Iron Mike said:

Weren't we looking for this kind of guy since the Rudy Gay trade?

Yup, they decided they didn't need him after getting to the WCF while he was hurt and then they hamstrung us for several years in a trade for a lesser version of him.

4 hours ago, Iron Mike said:

Weren't we looking for this kind of guy since the Rudy Gay trade?

We wanted Oj and Rudy to be this type of guy, both had potential to become such a star perimeter scorer, but failed for different reasons.

9 hours ago, KyleB said:

Yup, they decided they didn't need him after getting to the WCF while he was hurt and then they hamstrung us for several years in a trade for a lesser version of him.

We never got to the WCF until after he was traded.  Same season actually, and he wasn't hurt.  That trade, and the one prior (Mo Speights, Wayne Ellington, Josh Selby, and a first round pick for Jon Leuer) really hurt our chances.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

We never got to the WCF until after he was traded.  Same season actually, and he wasn't hurt.  That trade, and the one prior (Mo Speights, Wayne Ellington, Josh Selby, and a first round pick for Jon Leuer) really hurt our chances.

Yeah still hate Levian for that crap show. The moves that season truly cost us a chance to really be competitive. We couldn’t even get The Raptors to trade TRoss who would’ve really helped. Truly is amazing what we accomplished with a complete trash front office. 

6 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Yeah still hate Levian for that crap show. The moves that season truly cost us a chance to really be competitive. We couldn’t even get The Raptors to trade TRoss who would’ve really helped. Truly is amazing what we accomplished with a complete trash front office. 

Yeah, me too.  If we had waited until the season was over to make any trades, we would have had a lot more perimeter shooting in the WCF vs. SAS.

11 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

That trade is one of the worst trades in history, giving all that up for leuer who was way worse than speights and ellington. That front office, such a disaster.

1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

That trade is one of the worst trades in history, giving all that up for leuer who was way worse than speights and ellington. That front office, such a disaster.

Yeah but we were better with Leuer after clearing up some clutter.  Between that trade and the Rudy trade we played great.  Went to a game against the Nets where we were cruising the bad guys trade to make a comeback then Rudy hit some jumpers to put us back in cruise control.  Rudy Gay actually hit a game winner in Philly before he got traded.  Scrub love or not, against the Nets even Chris Johnson and Hamed Haddadi and Tony Wroten were playing well.  

6 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

It was a garbage trade, to be sure. If I recall correctly they said that part of their logic had to do with salary dumping so other teams didn't have leverage in trade negotiations with Rudy because we couldn't take money back and go into the tax, or something like that. 

13 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

It was a garbage trade, to be sure. If I recall correctly they said that part of their logic had to do with salary dumping so other teams didn't have leverage in trade negotiations with Rudy because we couldn't take money back and go into the tax, or something like that. 

That's exactly what they said which was stupid since they didn't get fair value for rudy either. Also maybe go into the tax briefly for 1 year when you've got a shot to win the championship you misers.

Would love to see this team at full strength 

45-50 win team 

On 12/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, lions said:

45-50 win team 

Us?  I was thinking 45ish wins (my prediction for last season was 45 wins. We were on that pace until we traded Crowder).  In a 72 game season I am thinking 38 or 39 wins.  40 might get us the 6th seed.  3 games might separate 6 and 11.

3 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Us?  I was thinking 45ish wins (my prediction for last season was 45 wins. We were on that pace until we traded Crowder).  In a 72 game season I am thinking 38 or 39 wins.  40 might get us the 6th seed.  3 games might separate 6 and 11.

sorry was thinking that on a 82 game schedule 

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

not surprise at all 

On 12/13/2020 at 3:54 PM, grizzgolf said:

That trade still haunts me 

just think of the assets 

On 12/12/2020 at 1:03 PM, Rdk4121 said:

I hated Jon Leuer. I was also unaware what we gave up to get him as I was more of a casual fan back then of the NBA. I hate him even more now. 

ha, j'lo. where is he now?

slim.

1 minute ago, memphis slim said:

ha, j'lo. where is he now?

slim.

Well he just announced his retirement this year, so probably chilling on his couch with all the millions he stole from unsuspecting NBA teams. 

8 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Well he just announced his retirement this year, so probably chilling on his couch with all the millions he stole from unsuspecting NBA teams. 

Believe it or not, but he was a firm favourite to some on the boards at the time. Maybe not in Haddadi or King James Ennis level but no far off 😂

On 12/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, Crizzle said:

Being our teams best player and being the undisputed number one option arent mutually exclusive. I do think jjj could be #1, but if he is avg 20 while being an elite defender, he still can be the best player as a #2

I think that what the Grizzlies are hoping for 

On 12/17/2020 at 11:26 AM, Rdk4121 said:

if you are Big man in the NBA you can make millions of dollars even if you have limit talent ,just ask jon leuer

On 12/17/2020 at 7:42 PM, BigHunkALove said:

Believe it or not, but he was a firm favourite to some on the boards at the time. Maybe not in Haddadi or King James Ennis level but no far off 😂

same with Haddadi Big man with limit talent 

On 12/17/2020 at 7:42 PM, BigHunkALove said:

I remember some fans singing his praise SMH