Ole Dirty Klondike

Jaren and Justise Still Recovering, Will Not Be Ready for Season Start

17 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

Winslow is like a ghost, you think he’s there, but vanished before your eyes 

They say he should be back early in the season but I refer to WInslow as vaporware. That's why I have no problem including him in a trade. I get it that several people on this board love his potential and what he may be able to do but it doesn't matter if he's never on the court.

#1 reason to add another 2021 golden lottery pick.... Jaren isn't that guy.  We actually NEED another superstar. Or building is not done! 

Makes a lot more sense why we picked up Bane and Tillman in the draft.   Both of those guys are insurance for Justise and Jaren.   I really hope Bane pans out and carves out a nice role with the team.  

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Makes a lot more sense why we picked up Bane and Tillman in the draft.   Both of those guys are insurance for Justise and Jaren.   I really hope Bane pans out and carves out a nice role with the team.  

I hope they all do..........Winslow worries me most

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

#1 reason to add another 2021 golden lottery pick.... Jaren isn't that guy.  We actually NEED another superstar. Or building is not done! 

Yea I don’t think Justise is a key piece for the future and Jaren is looking a lot more like the 3rd guy than the 2nd guy. Ja still needs a running mate. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think Bane is going to have the same affect Dillon did his rookie year come in make shots and win over fans and get touted as a building block going forward. If he comes in and is a sniper from 3 he will instantly be called the best wing on the team.

42 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea I don’t think Justise is a key piece for the future and Jaren is looking a lot more like the 3rd guy than the 2nd guy. Ja still needs a running mate. 

Jaren still looks like the 2nd guy to me.  He was killing in the bubble before the injury.  His shooting and scoring ability is real and dude still developing.  His only issue is staying on the court (fouls/injuries).   I think we are looking for a 3rd guy and really all that guys needs to be able to do is create off the dribble reliably.    that player should be gettable in 2021 first rd. 

18 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Jaren still looks like the 2nd guy to me.  He was killing in the bubble before the injury.  His shooting and scoring ability is real and dude still developing.  His only issue is staying on the court (fouls/injuries).   I think we are looking for a 3rd guy and really all that guys needs to be able to do is create off the dribble reliably.    that player should be gettable in 2021 first rd. 

Jaren has to shore up some of his flaws fouling and rebounding before I can legitimately believe in him as the number 2 guy 

23 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Jaren has to shore up some of his flaws fouling and rebounding before I can legitimately believe in him as the number 2 guy 

He is still way too predictable as a scorer for me. I mean he will do as a number 2 guy but I eventually see us wanting more. 

Also not in love with Ja as a 1 scorer in the playoffs. His jumps hot has to change its form or guys will back off him, go under screens. 

I think we need a pure scorer.. A killer. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

He is still way too predictable as a scorer for me. I mean he will do as a number 2 guy but I eventually see us wanting more. 

I mean his scoring is fine he doesn’t have to have that big of a bag cause he’s almost 7ft and he shoots threes and he can take bigs off the dribble so predictable or not it’s pretty hard to stop match up wise. But fouling and rebounding have to be improved 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Also not in love with Ja as a 1 scorer in the playoffs. His jumps hot has to change its form or guys will back off him, go under screens. 

As does every team in the league 

4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

They say he should be back early in the season but I refer to WInslow as vaporware. That's why I have no problem including him in a trade. I get it that several people on this board love his potential and what he may be able to do but it doesn't matter if he's never on the court.

He's got the skills. He just cant stay heathy.....and I don't know how long you can put up with that for the money he is making  

On 11/19/2020 at 10:30 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Rebounding.  I don't get some folks on these boards (not meaning you, GTF, unless the shoe fits) who think Jaren is the center of the future for this team.  He will not be a starting center on a winner unless he drastically improves his rebounding.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:12 AM, Dwash said:

I wanted Tyrell Terry in the draft.

Although we came out of draft night with 3 good players (and some of the top dudes based on my advanced stats deep dive) in Bane/Tillman/Tillie.

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

I am actually looking forward to Dillon/Bane at the wing spots to start the year.

Can’t beat a Jonas/Clarke/Tillman/Tillie big man rotation either.  

I hope so, but I think that remains to be seen.