Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agent Big Board 2020

6 hours ago, The J Crew said:

He averaged 30 points per game last season, and he's still 27. Top 15 might not be high enough if you take into account future value. 

But y’all say all them points on a trash team mean Lavine is trash

16 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Uhhh, did you watch any of the bubble games? No, he can't play PG. We desperately needed someone to play backup PG after Tyus went down. Melton was horrible. He's a 6'2" defensive SG. That's it. Maybe he worked on his skills after that but he struggled to play PG.

Well technically we have two Point-Forwards in SloMo and Winslow.  I think we are good at 3rd string PG. 

Truthfully only thing we are missing is a SF with true size + athleticisim.   Dillon is the tallest at 6'7' but his wingspan negates it. 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

But y’all say all them points on a trash team mean Lavine is trash

Not me. LaVine is better than anything we have at the 2 by a long shot. But Beal is much better than LaVine. 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Well technically we have two Point-Forwards in SloMo and Winslow.  I think we are good at 3rd string PG. 

Truthfully only thing we are missing is a SF with true size + athleticisim.   Dillon is the tallest at 6'7' but his wingspan negates it. 

Well, neither one of them helped us at point in the bubble. Winslow is always hurt and SloMo is well, slow, which makes it difficult  to keep him on the floor

2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

A trade is coming:

Ja/Tyus

Bane/Allen/Melton/Konchar/Jahlil Tripp*

Dillon/Winslow/SlowMo/Sean Mcdermott*

Jaren/Clarke/Porter/Killian Tillie*

JV/Dieng/Tillman

Might be a 3 for 1 for a wing trade like I suggested, than sign a 3rd vet pg and/or a vet C (Noah), that makes 14 or 15, but more balanced.

Nobody is going to give anything for our end of the roster guys. There are plenty of vet free agents at every position other teams can sign for the minimum without giving up anything.  And just about every team is full, so they aren't looking for 3 for 1 consolidation trades either. We are going to have to cut a couple of guys, a lot of teams are in that position. 

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

For those on the 3rd PG hunt, there are a bunch of vet PGs available:

Jeff Teague

Brandon Knight

Matthew Dellavedova

Elfrid Payton

Yogi Ferrell

Quinn Cook

Shabazz Napier

Brad Wanamaker

Emmanuel Mudiay

Gary Payton II

Shaquille Harrison

Reggie Jackson

Jerian Grant

Scratch another vet PG off the vet minimum list:

25 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Nobody is going to give anything for our end of the roster guys. There are plenty of vet free agents at every position other teams can sign for the minimum without giving up anything.  And just about every team is full, so they aren't looking for 3 for 1 consolidation trades either. We are going to have to cut a couple of guys, a lot of teams are in that position. 

I trully believe a Dillon + picks + Dieng and maybe SlowMo can get us something. My main targets would be Dipo and Fournier.  

Id rather add picks and turn jv, kyle into an expiring at this point . MLE for whatever we need after that. We pulled our big move on draft night , oubre was the guy  get that was a steal. Maybe we can pull something like that but we dont have a big tpe. 

I havent looked at our salary next year but another big expiring  would be great.

Get this FO more picks asap

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

For those on the 3rd PG hunt, there are a bunch of vet PGs available:

Jeff Teague

Brandon Knight

Matthew Dellavedova

Elfrid Payton

Yogi Ferrell

Quinn Cook

Shabazz Napier

Brad Wanamaker

Emmanuel Mudiay

Gary Payton II

Shaquille Harrison

Reggie Jackson

Jerian Grant

Scratch a 3rd PG off the vet 1 year contract list:

Of all the teams we've had, this is the team that needs a third PG the least. Winslow can run point, Kyle can run point, even Grayson and Melton in short minutes.

27 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Of all the teams we've had, this is the team that needs a third PG the least. Winslow can run point, Kyle can run point, even Grayson and Melton in short minutes.

Kinda, but our offense is so pick and roll dependent and none of those guys are particularly effective like Ja and Tyus in the p N r. 

7 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Kinda, but our offense is so pick and roll dependent and none of those guys are particularly effective like Ja and Tyus in the p N r. 

It's less P&R dependent when they second unit is in and more transition based/less half-court. I'm always on board with having a 3rd PG on the team, but I just think this team is better for that position than other teams we've had in the past. Obviously most of those teams we didn't even have a second PG.

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

Where are the Lakers getting all this money? LeBron getting KCP paid. 

Kcp is a dreadful player. The idea that he is getting 40 million is laughable.

11 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Kcp is a dreadful player. The idea that he is getting 40 million is laughable.

For what is worth he was their 4th best player in their championship run

8 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Where are the Lakers getting all this money? LeBron getting KCP paid. 

They’ll be well below the tax line even when they re-sign AD. 

17 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Uhhh, did you watch any of the bubble games? No, he can't play PG. We desperately needed someone to play backup PG after Tyus went down. Melton was horrible. He's a 6'2" defensive SG. That's it. Maybe he worked on his skills after that but he struggled to play PG.

He'll be fine in spot minutes. As long as Ja and Tyus stay healthy it won't be a problem.