Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agent Big Board 2020

With free agency soon starting, here are list of free agents for discussion.  

Current Grizzlies free agents: De'Anthony Melton (RFA), Yuta Watanabe,  John Konchar (RFA), Anthony Tolliver, Josh Jackson, Jontay Porter (RFA)

Remaining free agents - please feel free to correct or update status (like various club or player options).  Generally, I didn't list a guy if they didn't average 15 mpg or more (Unless they at one time were a discussion topic on this board or former Grizzlies player).  I'm using the Spotrac.com player positions, which differ from other sites.

Guards: (Minimum 15 MPG, generally) Fred VanFleet, Joe Harris, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Rodney Hood, Glenn Robinson III, Goran Dragic, Alec Burks, Langston Galloway, KCP, Bryn Forbes, Justin Holiday, DJ Augustin, Jeff Teague, Kent Bazemore, Wesley Mathews, Jordan Clarkson, Shabazz Napier, Reggie Jackson, Austin Rivers, Jordan McRae, Dion Waiters, Rajon Rondo, Pat Connaughton, MC-W, Elfrid Payton, E'Twaun Moore, Tyler Johnson, Wayne EllingtonBrandon Knight, Sindarius Thornwell, Treveon Graham, Kyle Korver, Trey Burke, Emmanuel Mudiay, Marco Belinelli, JJ Barea, Gary Payton III, Courtney Lee, Bogdan Bogdanovic (RFA), Kris Dunn (RFA), Jordan McLaughlin (RFA), Brad Wanamaker (RFA), Jevon Carter (RFA), Chris Chiozza (RFA), Denzel Valentine (RFA), Malik Beasley (RFA)Damyean Dotson (RFA),  Sterling Brown (RFA), Frank Jackson (RFA), Kobi Simmons(RFA),  Avery Bradley, Garrett Temple, Raul Neto

Forwards: (Minimum 15 MPG, generally) AD, Carmelo, Marcus Morris, Gallinari, Davis Bertans, Jae Crowder, Montrezl Harrell, Ibaka, Jerami Grant, Derrick Favors, Paul Millsap, Derrick Jones, Mo Harkless, Christian Wood, Wilson Chandler, Markieff Morris, Jeff Green, Marvin Williams, Rondae H-J, Solo Hill, James Ennis, Juan Hernangomez, Josh Jackson, Anthony Tolliver, John Henson, DeMarre Carroll, Bruno Caboclo, Jarrod Uthoff, Michael Beasley, Brandon Ingram (RFA), Dario Saric  (RFA), DeAndre Bembry (RFA), Kenrich Williams (RFA), Torrey Craig (RFA), Jontay Porter (RFA), Wesley Iwundu (RFA), Dwayne Bacon (RFA), Skal Labissiere (RFA),  Kelan Martin (RFA),  JaMychal Green (PO), Bobby Portis (TO), Frank Kaminsky (TO),  Ersan Ilyasova, Patrick Patterson, Udonis Haslem, Nic Batum (?)

Centers (12 mpg or more): Tristan Thompson, DeMarcus Cousins, Hassan Whiteside, Marc Gasol, Aron Baynes, Ian Mahinmi, Meyers Leonard, Bismarck Biyombo, Dwight Howard, Nerlens Noel, Alex Len, Mason Plumlee, Jahlil Okafor, Robin Lopez, Willy Hernangomez, Joakim Noah, Tyler Zeller, Jakob Poeltl (RFA), Damian Jones (RFA), Thon Maker (RFA), Drew Eubanks (RFA), Willie C-S (PO),

Former Grizzlies, even if only by contract, are italicized, but I'm not sure I got them all.

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I don't get it. So they are trying to trade us Kanter also as part of the deal or is this speculation? 

My guess is speculation, but probably was the actual discussion, with the reported 2nd round picks the backup plan.

But right now, clearly it is speculation from a Celtics blogger type, and note above that Kanter has a PO.

Speculation but since the trade hasn’t been officially announced there is a possibility that there is more to the trade than just those pics

4 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Has anyone confirmed that we traded two seconds and not the future Utah pick? 

I think we will know by the end of the day there is probably a player involved in the deal 

10 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I can't see anyway we gave up the Utah pick for a 30

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Well apparently there are some strange protections on the pick that make it somewhat likely or at least possible that it could become a 2nd rounder or something. Not to mention that someone who is connected to Boston initially reported that he thought it was the future 1st. I'd be surprised too, but I just haven't seen anything concrete. 

4 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Well apparently there are some strange protections on the pick that make it somewhat likely or at least possible that it could become a 2nd rounder or something. Not to mention that someone who is connected to Boston initially reported that he thought it was the future 1st. I'd be surprised too, but I just haven't seen anything concrete. 

We can drop the Utah 1st speculation, it's not part of the trade.

And the protections are only weird next year - it comes to us if it's 8-14. In '22, it is only top 6 protected for Utah. so it's easiest just to assume the Utah pick vests to us in the '22 draft. 

11 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

On espn it was reported as 2 seconds 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

We can drop the Utah 1st speculation, it's not part of the trade.

And the protections are only weird next year - it comes to us if it's 8-14. In '22, it is only top 6 protected for Utah. so it's easiest just to assume the Utah pick vests to us in the '22 draft. 

That's the double draft with the high schoolers.  Like no way you give up a 20ish pick or better if Gobert leaves in that draft for a 30 in this draft. 

9 minutes ago, Dwash said:

That's the double draft with the high schoolers.  Like no way you give up a 20ish pick or better if Gobert leaves in that draft for a 30 in this draft. 

That's not true, at least yet. And '22  probably won't be the double draft. NBA Player's Association has to agree to it, and so far they haven't. Now, with the Covid chaos extending into this season, they have put the decision aside.

Much more probable the 18 year olds being draft eligible will be negotiated with the new CBA, which puts it out to the '24-'25 season. 

41 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I would assume it's 2 seconds at this point as that's what most people are reporting. I think the early reports of the 1st round pick were premature. I heard Peter Edmiston explain why people thought that.

I think they are waiting on a second shoe to drop maybe a player included. Grizz  PR has announced Tillman's trade but not Bane's. I assume it's a couple of more moving pieces.

7 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Hollinger is probably right. Waiting on Kanter's opt in decision, which is due by 5:00 EST today. And they have a trade worked out either way.

If this is true some of these players are getting waived I assume. How many players does that put us at? Guduric, we hardly knew ye.

42 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

If this is true some of these players are getting waived I assume. How many players does that put us at? Guduric, we hardly knew ye.

I've assumed that Marko and Jontay are gone for a while. Don't have to decide on Marko until right before the season starts. And I think the decision on Jontay's TO is due today. 

38 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I've assumed that Marko and Jontay are gone for a while. Don't have to decide on Marko until right before the season starts. And I like the decision on Jontay's TO is due today. 

I see both of them going 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Only way it makes sense is if we got a young player +kanter .

Isn't there some NBA rule on teams not officially announcing the trade until a certain date.  I'm sure it has been modified based on COVID but I think there is some rule on it.  Was it Brandon Clarke when it seemed like it was 2 weeks until it was announced by the actual organization?

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Isn't there some NBA rule on teams not officially announcing the trade until a certain date.  I'm sure it has been modified based on COVID but I think there is some rule on it.  Was it Brandon Clarke when it seemed like it was 2 weeks until it was announced by the actual organization?

I thought that had to do with a fa that wasn’t signed yet or something I think because teams can start signing FA’s tomorrow it has sped things up

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

I've assumed that Marko and Jontay are gone for a while. Don't have to decide on Marko until right before the season starts. And I think the decision on Jontay's TO is due today. 

If Kanter is indeed part of the deal, maybe they've seen enough from Porter to believe he's not going to contribute.

28 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Nothing is actually official until filed with the league. All of this is (absolutely validated) journalist especulation.