Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

Just now, Grizzliesfan777 said:

I can’t remember a draft that was this unpredictable in a while. Even the ESPN card-tipping was pretty off. 

After 3 it went totally crazy.

I like Kendrick Perkins' remark a few minutes ago: "We can't sleep on the Grizzlies draft".  A cryptic comment coming from a Memphis guy.    

Please if someone get the Vrenz info put it here. I have to sleep, its is 2am here and I have to wake up 6am

The FO just turned it completely around baby, we got YVES.

I do like the pickup, very versatile defender, freak athlete. Really needs to work on getting consistency from 3 (at least from the corner), but it is an intriguing pickup. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

he def looks athletic. 

Romeo Weems:  Weems measured 6’5 barefoot, 6’6 in shoes, 220 lbs, with a 6’11 wingspan, and a 8’7 standing reach in mid 2018  Athletic  3 n D...  Cheap Moses Moody with hops...🧐 

Weems has a decent looking stroke, but his overall FG% is not good at all, despite not really being the primary scorer for DePaul it would seem. DePaul was also awful. Who cares to an extent, he only signed an exhibit 10 deal, he's going to the Hustle for sure. He kind of reminds me of Danuel House. 

36 minutes ago, etngrizz said:

I like Kendrick Perkins' remark a few minutes ago: "We can't sleep on the Grizzlies draft".  A cryptic comment coming from a Memphis guy.    

Perk almost signed with the Memphis Tigers too!

19 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Romeo Weems:  Weems measured 6’5 barefoot, 6’6 in shoes, 220 lbs, with a 6’11 wingspan, and a 8’7 standing reach in mid 2018  Athletic  3 n D...  Cheap Moses Moody with hops...🧐 

Man, forgot about Romeo Weems.  If I did a breakdown on him it was very brief, and months ago.  So many guys who were about equal.

Yves Pons (a 2 way deal dude for us) might outperform a few first rounders for us.  I had him at 53, my comp for him was Jae Crowder with hops.  

I actually liked a few guys at the top, but I have a sinking feeling that the 2021 could end up being an OVER-HYPED DRAFT.  Mostly lots of Tier 3, Tier 4 (and solid Tier 4.5 or Tier 5 guys) without any legit top shelf surefire HOF prospects at the top.  

21 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I trying to sleep but I cant, give me Vrenz Kleiman. Dont let OKC get this guy.

Third round for the win!

Haha.

24 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Weems has a decent looking stroke, but his overall FG% is not good at all, despite not really being the primary scorer for DePaul it would seem. DePaul was also awful. Who cares to an extent, he only signed an exhibit 10 deal, he's going to the Hustle for sure. He kind of reminds me of Danuel House. 

Hmmm, EVERY player in this draft reminded me of Danuel House.  Or OJ Mayo.  Or Rudy Gay.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

I like Pons, he can give us some nice D on Zion 

And Luka.

Yves Pons could grind out a bunch of Win Shares in his career.

Actually fits in well at the 4 as a (small ball power forward) if we go with a Ja/Dillon/Ziaire/Pons/Jaren lineup.  Bane, Kyle, Clarke, and Tillman (along with Steven Adams) also fit in well with the majority of our "core" guys.

Yves Pons could be a Moneyball value play on Scottie Barnes/Usman Garuba.

Just now, BnaBreaker said:

Bleacher Report raking us over the coals for this draft... D+ for 10th pick, D for 30th pick...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2946542-2021-nba-draft-live-grades-for-every-pick

Should have bought a pick for a LEGIT 3 and D draft.

haha.

Yves Pons might be our best pick -- and he went undrafted.

ALTHOUGH I think it could go down as an all-around BUST draft.  Didn't see a clear-cut HOF type even though I really really like Green and Mobley.  Lots of solid guys... but whatever.  

Wasn't IN on Ziaire Williams, but thinking about it now... the kid might have Grant Hill Lite potential.

I don't see how Yves is much different from Usman Garuba. Same strengths, similar weaknesses. Garuba is younger though, though if Garuba was worth a first, I still see good value in a two way for Yves.

4 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Bleacher Report raking us over the coals for this draft... D+ for 10th pick, D for 30th pick...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2946542-2021-nba-draft-live-grades-for-every-pick

Yves Pons looks like a Moneyball version of a Scottie Barnes/Usman Garuba hybrid.  What grade did we get for our 3rd round pick?

I had Yves Pons at 53.  Maybe that was too low.

Didn't have Aldama (or even Ziaire Williams) on my Mother Of All Big Boards.

Santi could be ok... sure.  Draft/stash?

ZW might be a Grant Hill Lite/Bust coin flip.  That is a player you take at 10.  Might even be a top 5-6ish pick.

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

I don't see how Yves is much different from Usman Garuba. Same strengths, similar weaknesses. Garuba is younger though, though if Garuba was worth a first, I still see good value in a two way for Yves.

You stole my idea man!  lol.

We posted the SAME thing at the SAME time.  haha

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

You stole my idea man!  lol.

We posted the SAME thing at the SAME time.  haha

Very true