Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

Just now, The J Crew said:

And with the pick we gave to the Jazz, along with two future 2nds, for the player who wants to play in Spain. The Jazz get Jared Butler. That's it for me guys.  Remember who told you about Kleiman first.

We need a backup pg since we are shopping Tyus. They got a crazy. We lost a amazing draft, just lost it.

Santi Aldama

Talented passing big with perimeter scoring skills, though he faced a low level of competition in college.

• Playmakingbadge
    Playmaking State Farm Logo
  • Feel for the Gamebadge
    Feel for the Game
PLUSES
  • Good shooting potential with smooth mechanics: He made 37 percent of his 3s and 69 percent of his free throws.

• Solid post scorer who can back down smaller players or use finesse against bigger ones. Once he gets to the rim, he can finish using either hand.

• Intelligent offensive player with a feel for moving off the ball, cutting to the basket, using screens, and relocating for jumpers.

• Suave ball handler for his size. Teams could use him as a weapon in dribble handoffs or the pick-and-roll.

• Good rebounder who can take the ball coast-to-coast after rebounds.

• Clever playmaker with a natural ability to read the floor. He goes through progressions like a quarterback.

• Aware defender who makes smart rotations and uses his length without fouling.

MINUSES
  • Lacks explosiveness as a finisher around the rim. He can make circus shots but he won’t dunk over defenders.

• Lack of mobility on defense limits his upside switching onto guards and wings.

• Needs to add significant weight to handle the rigors of defending the paint.

• Faced a low quality of competition and played only 26 games in two seasons. He underwent knee surgery.

Jared Butler is a steal at 40 of course he was drafted with the pick we gave up to chase a worse prospect (imo) at pick 30. 

so disappointed in this draft.  

Wow so many crying baby's tonight so the F.O did not agree with what you guys wanted or what expert predicted.

Get over yourselfs is impossible to declare this draft a failure until we actually see them play and develop.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Lol okay now read the second part -

"Most NBA teams assumed he received some type of assurance that he'll be drafted (a "promise") or will receive a two-way contract after going undrafted, and hearing his name called Thursday likely confirms that he was shut down by Memphis several months ago, likely much higher than what they thought they needed to when they made the promise."

You don't have to like the pick but obviously they were very high on him and had some inside info or fear that he would be gone at 40 so they did what they had to do to secure him while also putting him in the first round contract scale. Acting like they just blew a first round pick on a guy who doesn't want to play in the NBA is disingenuous at best.

Your quote: receive a two-way contract after going undrafted . . . WTactualF???  

And I'll repeat, why would our inexperienced front office feel the need to promise such a lowly rated player? And why would they think he wouldn't be there at 40?  

Just now, costarica2 said:

Wow so many crying baby's tonight so the F.O did not agree with what you guys wanted or what expert predicted.

Get over yourselfs is impossible to declare this draft a failure until we actually see them play and develop.

Jeez I mean really. 

1 minute ago, costarica2 said:

Can we pay you to go away?

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Not strong enough for center but should be a great 5th power forward behind Kyle, JJJ, Clarke, Tillman,.

I guess he also slots in nicely as a 7th big behind those four, Adams,  and Tillie.

I can understand initial shock with the picks but good gawd - these dudes are in full drama queen mode.  

1 minute ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Not strong enough for center but should be a great 5th power forward behind Kyle, JJJ, Clarke, Tillman,.

I guess he also slots in nicely as a 7th big behind those four, Adams,  and Tillie.

He is a stash pick for sure. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Why is everyone assuming Tillie is getting a deal?  

Because he looked way better than Porter that has almost no garanteed money and better than Clarke most of the year.

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Wow Shariffe Cooper fell like a rock too. 

Forgot about him

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Lol okay now read the second part -

"Most NBA teams assumed he received some type of assurance that he'll be drafted (a "promise") or will receive a two-way contract after going undrafted, and hearing his name called Thursday likely confirms that he was shut down by Memphis several months ago, likely much higher than what they thought they needed to when they made the promise."

You don't have to like the pick but obviously they were very high on him and had some inside info or fear that he would be gone at 40 so they did what they had to do to secure him while also putting him in the first round contract scale. Acting like they just blew a first round pick on a guy who doesn't want to play in the NBA is disingenuous at best.

I swear the "Inside intel" sounds exactly the same as what was used to draft Thabeet.  "The Thunder love Thabeet" (slide Harden into their secret stash)

I’m on cloud 9 now with this draft, front office playing 4d chess 

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Because he looked way better than Porter that has almost no garanteed money and better than Clarke most of the year.

Tillie didn't look better than Clarke at no point in the season.   Tillie had flashes of competent play as a 2 way guy.   But he was bad at the one skill he is supposed to be elite at which is shooting.  

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Appreciate Santi's highlights from the Lifetime Fitness pickup game in Maryland. 

Wait a minute. Correction: Those apparently are low level collegiate players. My bad. 

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I swear the "Inside intel" sounds exactly the same as what was used to draft Thabeet.  "The Thunder love Thabeet" (slide Harden into their secret stash)

Ok

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Bruh better than Ckark ??

Dude will be in Europe this or the next year.

4 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Appreciate Santi's highlights from the Lifetime Fitness pickup game in Maryland. 

Wait a minute. Correction: Those apparently are low level collegiate players. My bad. 

Where did I hear that take before???

Oh yea they use to say that about JA MORANT or maybe it was Lillard ??

Bruh better than Ckark ??

Dude will be in Europe this or the next year.

id rather gamble on developing this Santi dude over bringing up Tillie.    I expect to see some interesting guys on a 2way this season.