Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Kill me. Kill me now..

We're now the front office that has to show everyone how much smarter we are than everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, cdp said:

Draft n stash guy?

Can't really stash a first rounder (or at least doesn't happen often). 

Just now, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Feels like a Tillie type of player

I'm thinking he is what they wanted Porter to be. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We're trading 3 seconds for a guy who is a second round pick. Stop. Just stop. Somebody cut the power to the forum and place some sort of signal jammer there. ANd padlock the doors. Nobody gets to communicate with the outside world until the draft is over.

F-

Ghost of Holinger strikes again. He had him ranked in the 20s.

27. Santi Aldama, SF, Loyola (Md.), Sophomore

A talented Spaniard who bizarrely played in the Patriot League the past two years, at times Aldama’s presence in that league seemed a bit like having Luka Doncic show up at your church league game. He was very obviously the best player in the Patriot, but it’s very difficult to evaluate his tape from there and figure out whether he can play.

Added to that is the issue of Aldama being a pretty unusual prospect. He is listed at 6-foot-11 but lacks strength and plays almost entirely on the perimeter, where he has some real feel for playmaking but lacks superior athleticism.

Nonetheless, he has a track record that goes beyond destroying the grade-school kickball game that was the Patriot League. In particular, Aldama was the MVP of the 2019 Euro U18 tournament, deservedly, on a Spanish team where likely first-rounder Usman Garuba also featured. Alperen Sengun, Franz Wagner, Aleksej Pokusevski and several major college players also played in that tournament.

I couldn’t put him in my top 20 because there are still some eye test things that worry me. He’s not a great shooter, at least yet – 30.6 percent from 3 and 63.9 percent from the line for his college career is worrisome — and his strength and athleticism is unremarkable. But this is a pretty enticing size/skill package if it clicks, and there’s enough track record to take a flier on it toward the end of the first round.

There’s also an interesting angle here if a team wants to pursue it: They could draft Aldama and have him develop in Spain for another year or two before bringing him back over.

Just now, grizz1016 said:

This guy could have been there at 40. I wonder why we jumped?

If he hits you get an extra year of rookie salary if picked in the first. He looks interesting and quite skilled for his size. Who knows.

Man I thought I had a read on this FO and liked what I thought I knew about their approach.  

Now I have no idea,  tonight has come completely out of left field for me.  

1 minute ago, srmjr23 said:

Y'all acting like you have any clue who anyone is

That's kind of the point. 

We'd like to know who the hell our first round draft pick is. 

Who? I watched a lot about this class and dont know who this guy is, why not Thor or Vrenz or Ayo, I wanted the OKC early 2nds.