Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

Jalen Green, Big Alperen Sengun,  Usman Garuba, Josh Christopher. 

Safe to say new Rockets Director of Scouting Chris Wallace had a better night than . . . you know who?

3 minutes ago, Grizzliesfan777 said:

Screw it, get Isaiah Todd at 40 lol. Go all in on boom/bust guys. 

Yeah bro why not?

Charlotte seems to be having a good draft.  Adding Bouknight and Jones seems nice along side Ball.

Just now, The J Crew said:

Jalen Green, Big Alperen Sengun,  Usman Garuba, Josh Christopher. 

Safe to say new Rockets Director of Scouting Chris Wallace had a better night than . . . you know who?

The team with multiple 1st round picks from trading stars - including the 2nd overall pick - had a better draft than a team that had only 1 pick? You don’t say lol

We can revisit this draft in 2-3 years and see how it turned out. I do think the Rockettes (see what I did there 😉) will end up with a better draft, but only because they have the ability to throw multiple picks against the wall and see what sticks. 

Doesn't feel like it matters much. But for a bigger backup point guard I liked Tre Mann, Grimes and Miles McBridde.

McBride the only one left now. 

Orlando, Golden State, Houston, & New York stand out to me right now.

Doesn't feel like it matters much. But for a bigger backup point guard I liked Tre Mann, Grimes and Miles McBridde.

McBride the only one left now. 

I can see them picking a combo or PG now too.  

Just now, Grizzliesfan777 said:

The team with multiple 1st round picks from trading stars - including the 2nd overall pick - had a better draft than a team that had only 1 pick? You don’t say lol

We can revisit this draft in 2-3 years and see how it turned out. I do think the Rockettes (see what I did there 😉) will end up with a better draft, but only because they have the ability to throw multiple picks against the wall and see what sticks. 

Mainly just poking fun at our GM.

But I would take Green, Sengun and Garuba over Ziaire. And this board loved Josh Christopher, many wanted him at 17 before the trade.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

i dont even think i can care now...  even Wieskamp can't bring me back from my malaise. 

One thing about it, Zaire wants to play for Memphis...  Kleimann aint playin about character and fit...  I got vibes watching Moody that he wanted to be in a big city...  He bragged about being with Klutch aka Team Lebron...  Some teams wont draft Klutch players...  

Mainly just poking fun at our GM.

But I would take Green, Sengun and Garuba over Ziaire. And this board loved Josh Christopher, many wanted him at 17 before the trade.

I’d take Green in a heartbeat as well. I think everyone would take green over anyone else in the draft basically.

Truthfully, this forum feels like the night of the 2008 draft right now. Everyone was crushed when Kevin Love and Donte Green were picked. Obviously, a massive trade happened when everyone was asleep and fans woke up with OJ Mayo the team, but overall, the mood on draft night feels the same. 

5 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

One thing about it, Zaire wants to play for Memphis...  Kleimann aint playin about character and fit...  I got vibes watching Moody that he wanted to be in a big city...  He bragged about being with Klutch aka Team Lebron...  Some teams wont draft Klutch players...  

do we have any Clutch guys?  thats a good observation but kinda messed up. 

10 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I can see them picking a combo or PG now too.  

Preston will be there at 40 but I'm not sold on his overall athletic ability even though I'm a JP fan.  Quite a story he is.

Was already a sportswriter covering the Pistons before college, before he blew up as a hoopster.

8 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Wasn’t Parsons a Klutch guy

10 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Ok.  That helps.  Thanks.  I hope he lives up to the hopes he had going into college.  2020 was one of the weirdest years ever.  Shake us naysayers off - and go out & do your thing Ziaire!  Welcome to Memphis!

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

oh i forgot about him.   he would be a solid pick.

Feels like the pick.  Edit: Wrong again.