Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

I sure hope that the idea that his college season was a fluke and should be disregarded completely has something to it.  

Fun fact:  On Tankathon he had a Box plus minus of 0.3 and an offensive box plus minus of -1.2.   I don’t remember seeing any prospect with numbers that bad in those categories for the several years I’ve been frequenting that site looking at draft prospects.  

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

And now Houston gets Garuba at 23. Another strong pick. 

Yep.  Great pick actually.  He'll be much higher in the redraft 5 years from now.

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Its possible he was plan B and Giddey was plan A.    No way Ziaire was going higher than 10  so i doubt he was the play if we moved up.   Giddey going at 6 has to be the reason. 

Make sense. But I still dont get it. We better get a trade done with Bledsoe and steal 2 guys late 1st early 2nd.

1 minute ago, grizz1016 said:

How do you know we could have gotten him at 17? Are you just going off mock drafts on other sites?

Well he wasn’t on any boards anywhere that high, out of sight so not in any talk.  I hope the kid does well for himself…just not a high bc iq move by our draft team.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Grimes and Christopher both gone..... i think i am broken.  I have used up all my juice trying to see positive side of Ziaire pick...

We dont need Christopher now..  Give me Joe Wieskamp..

9 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Big winners:

Magic get Jalen Suggs and Franz Wagner at 5 & 8. Great draft.

Houston gets Jalen Green and Big Alperen Sengun at 16. Fantastic.- Sengun could be steal of the draft. 

Warriors, who were desperate to trade their two picks, get Kuminga and Moses Moody at 7 and 14. Very solid. 

And Detroit with Cade and the Cavs with Mobley. 

And now Houston gets Garuba at 23. Another strong pick. 

And now Josh Christopher at 24. Wow.

What a night for Rafael Stone.

All in one above. 

I would have bet that the Spurs would have taken Sengun or Garuba at 12. Rockets get both of them. 

Don't know if it's been posted. Just started watching this, and thought it was interesting around 5:45 he says he needs to play with more Grit.

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Grimes and Christopher both gone..... i think i am broken.  I have used up all my juice trying to see positive side of Ziaire pick...

I know the feeling. 

Jalen Johnson to the Hawks could be a sneaky good pick if he pans out, I think he is a good fit on their team.. They are taking a swing on potential like we did but they did it at 20 and didn't have to give up their second best player to do it.

8 minutes ago, grizzknob said:

I sure hope that the idea that his college season was a fluke and should be disregarded completely has something to it.  

Fun fact:  On Tankathon he had a Box plus minus of 0.3 and an offensive box plus minus of -1.2.   I don’t remember seeing any prospect with numbers that bad in those categories for the several years I’ve been frequenting that site looking at draft prospects.  

His metrics were abysmal.

Shout out to the Rockets trying to play 5 rookies

Got Kevin Porter Jr., Jalen Green and Josh Christopher. 

Just now, KyleB said:

Jalen Johnson to the Hawks could be a sneaky good pick if he pans out, I think he is a good fit on their team.. They are taking a swing on potential like we did but they did it at 20 and didn't have to give up their second best player to do it.

JJ should play the 5.  He could kill it in Atlanta.  Dude is a top 5 talent.

1 minute ago, Grizzhype said:

We dont need Christopher now..  Give me Joe Wieskamp..

i dont even think i can care now...  even Wieskamp can't bring me back from my malaise. 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

Welp. Everyone I wanted at 40 is gone in the 1st round lol. 

I still have Sims or Livers.

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

Welp. Everyone I wanted at 40 is gone in the 1st round lol. 

Mocks were so so wrong..   We will probably get Jaden Springer.