Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

2 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Didn't Murphy get mis-used by possible 2nd round pick Jason Preston in the big dance?  I think he did.

Not sure where the Murphy -love is from.  He wasn't even all that at Rice.

I hear you on that but he can shoot and plays decent defense… with Zaire we’re waiting on him to blossom and it may never happen hopefully it does I’ll be rooting for anyone in a grizzlies jersey

Just now, Subliminal said:

Just the fact everybody flipping out like y’all know something is cracking me up. I’m pretty intrigued they picked someone nobody was thinking, love the pick 😎

This makes me feel even worse about the pick. Didn't think that was possible. 

1 minute ago, Rdk4121 said:

We could've kept JV and got Murphy. Wow

I'm a JV fan.  Not sold on Murphy.  Pippen Jr. is a better guard and didn't even stay in the draft this time.

Trey Murphy is not that impressive lol, why is everyone freaking out? Y'all just want to take Clarke/Bane/Tillman types forever? We need a third star and they threw a dart at a guy who has a narrow but tangible path to being one.

Ja needs someone who can help make something out of nothing much more than a guy who can hit a three in the corner. You're not getting the former with Murphy.

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

yea a 6'10' guy that fluid can be really good.   The upside and the SWING is real.    Technically i wanted us to draft him early on.  I'll give FO benefit of the doubt, because i didn't like JJJ pick either now i am defending him in the trenches. 

Yeah he's really working that 5'10' assistant coach. Shades of Yi Jianlan destroying the chair in his workouts.

1 minute ago, cdp said:

Murphy will have a better career. Calling it now.

I'll take you up on that bet 

Williams has a good frame looking at his shoulders, he'll be able to put on his man weight in 3-4 years. Still think low 200s for him at best 

Just now, Thomas said:

Trey Murphy is not that impressive lol, why is everyone freaking out? Y'all just want to take Clarke/Bane/Tillman types forever? We need a third star and they threw a dart at a guy who has a low but tangible path to being one.

Blindly 

9 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Totally agree..  So of yall think yall can predict a players future like yall Notradamus... 😂  Even the so-called experts make mistakes...  If fact most of sports media have East Coast bias...  They dont stay up to watch West Coast college games and make lazy uninformed evaluations...   

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

yea a 6'10' guy that fluid can be really good.   The upside and the SWING is real.    Technically i wanted us to draft him early on.  I'll give FO benefit of the doubt, because i didn't like JJJ pick either now i am defending him in the trenches. 

Gtf I agree on your thinking re bouknight totally, but I wouldn’t defend jjj quite yet…this is his year to prove to himself he was worthy of number 4.  He’s done very little, and if he’s going to be our 5, he’s got to step up huge

Jason Preston had 13 rebounds and 8 assists against Murphy in the big dance as Murphy's team (defending national champs) got bounced by a team that finished 5th in the MAC conference in the regular season.

Murphy = MEH

2 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

I'll take you up on that bet 

They might both be in the league 10+ years. Gonna leave it up to you to remember any bet lol.

2 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Gtf I agree on your thinking re bouknight totally, but I wouldn’t defend jjj quite yet…this is his year to prove to himself he was worthy of number 4.  He’s done very little, and if he’s going to be our 5, he’s got to step up huge

I didn't want Jaren at all tho expecially at 4.   He was deemed a proj that we needed to be patient with by ALL the NBA analyst.   JJJ shot 40% from 3 and was second leading scorer on a surprising young team.    In other words the analyst underestimated his ability.   

So yea i am defending Jaren because he has already proven worthy of future investment.  

2 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

have to trust the fo. confuses me for sure, but I have to trust them.

slim.

You guys are missing the point......we're already tanking for next year's draft lottery so that we can keep being 2 years away from being 2 years away!!!!

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

So pending possible moves I guess this means Allen/Bane/Melton will be fighting for bench SG/SF minutes, right?

bane prob will be the starter.   There has to be another trade coming.  I bet they are trying to move up from 40. 

8 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Maybe we’re idiots

It's freaking Gary Parish giving the grade. I trust your scouting ability more than that goofball. 

4 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

have to trust the fo. confuses me for sure, but I have to trust them.

slim.

This is where I’m at. 

5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

So pending possible moves I guess this means Allen/Bane/Melton will be fighting for bench SG/SF minutes, right?

Williams going to be behind all of them.

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

It's freaking Gary Parish giving the grade. I trust your scouting ability more than that goofball. 

I trust Gary. Gary’s dope

Keyon is in a free fall. Would be another interesting gamble if he keeps tumbling.