Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

3 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I have him at 3.  I have Cade at 4.  With Giddey types you wanna compare him to Larry Bird, BUT he's more of a Magic Lite type (more of a passer/rebounder).  BUT, I think he can be Larry Legend Lite off the ball.  Ironically, two of my Ja comps were Tiny Archibald/Dennis Johnson and BOTH guards won rings with Larry Bird.  

I am NOT a big Cade fan.  I actually moved him way back up from where I had him... but Cade DOES give me some Larry Bird vibes....

Both guys aren't elite talent guys or athletes like Green/Mobley and will need great ecosystems to flourish in.  Memphis? Yep!  Detroit? Nope (probably)!

Giddy needs to be the primary ball handler surrounded by shooters to thrive imo. That isn't Memphis because ja won't provide that spacing and is better than giddy with the ball in his hands so giddy won't get those touches. I see basically no benefit to having giddy off ball.

Cade is in a different stratosphere. He can create shots and nailed 40% of 3s from high volume with high degree of difficulty. Combine that with passing chops and he is an offensive hub. I see him as a Jayson tatum type player that could be a #1 option on a good team and likely multiple time all star. Giddy in my opinion is just as likely to be out of the league in 4 years as a starter. 

If we’re comparing Giddey’s upside to PGs from Nash’s era, he’d probably have more similarities to Jason Kidd than Nash (not that comparing 18 year olds with all time greats is even a good idea lol) .

I don’t hate the potential value / upside  from Giddey at 10 I just really worry about the fit with Ja.  

Moody a better shooter?

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Sounds like Cade should definitely be the #1 pick now. Weren't you down on Ayton and Zion also???

I had Ja ahead of Zion.  I was totally WRONG about Zion because I thought his defense would translate.  It did not -- or at least it hasn't yet.... I was worried a bit about his rebounding.  Outside of big rebounding games against Rutgers and a couple more teams he didn't really rebound all that well at Duke either.  And... injury risk and will he figure shooting out.  BUT, 4 was too low.  

I liked the Mitch Rob archetype better than Ayton's archetype.  Where do I redraft Ayton?  Not sure.  I also had Sexton at 4 and Mikal Bridges at 5... maybe I still take those guys over Ayton even though I am a big Ayton fan.

Zion and Ayton haven't mad an All Star game yet.  Neither guy was even ROTY.

On the flip side... what do you have against Jalen Green and Evan Mobley?

With Cade at 1... you are going ALL IN on Cade basically being Larry Bird or at the very least Larry Bird Lite.  What other archetype would you go off of to put Cade number one ahead of guys like Mobley/Green (or even Suggs/Kuminga)?

P.S.  A hybrid Deluxe Dillon Brooks/Kyle Anderson comp helped bring Cade back up to 4.

Cade should have a very good NBA career. Dude is a stud. Edwards did better than I thought he would last year. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

Woj bomb. I'll put this one here since it involves a pick.

Carter back on the move

Does this mean the Suns are confident in re-signing Cam Payne?

3 minutes ago, grizzknob said:

If we’re comparing Giddey’s upside to PGs from Nash’s era, he’d probably have more similarities to Jason Kidd than Nash (not that comparing 18 year olds with all time greats is even a good idea lol) .

I don’t hate the potential value / upside  from Giddey at 10 I just really worry about the fit with Ja.  

To me the big swing is shooting. If he can shoot he'll be alright to pretty good. If not teams will go under screens and completely sag off of him off ball and clog the driving lanes for guys like ja. That severely limits his upside offensively and Giddey isn't expected to add value on the defensive end either. To draft him in the lottery I think you have to buy the shot which I think looks awkward add that to less than 30% from 3 and less than 70% from the FT line does not make me feel better about it. 

I get that being big and a good passer is valuable, but it is much less so without an outside shot.

Shams Explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

Shams Explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this makes it more likely that GSW will be able to trade for Beal.   Westbrook actually helped them to get to playoffs

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

this makes it more likely that GSW will be able to trade for Beal.   Westbrook actually helped them to get to playoffs

Get to the playoffs, fire the coach and trade the two best players.

Good old Washington.

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Jevon Carter is now on his 3rd team since he was drafted.

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I love this so much. Sham coming over the top, basically saying Woj has it wrong. This will be fun. They both can't be right.

I love this so much. Sham coming over the top, basically saying Woj has it wrong. This will be fun.

Boy GM Lebron is the worst version of Lebron.. Absolutely ruthless and he is horrible at team building. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

I love this so much. Sham coming over the top, basically saying Woj has it wrong. This will be fun.

Kuzma, Harrell, KCP and Jared Butler (projected 22 on NBADraft.net) for Westbrook.

If Westbrook returns to the West Ja Morant will have to wait even longer to become an all-star. Steph Curry, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, etc. PGs are everywhere in the West.

1 minute ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Kuzma, Harrell, KCP and Jared Butler (projected 22 on NBADraft.net) for Westbrook.

If I were the Wizards, I would do that. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

If Westbrook returns to the West Ja Morant will have to wait even longer to become an all-star. Steph Curry, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, etc. PGs are everywhere in the West.

i had the same thought.  Beal may be headed over here too. 

2 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Nope. Harrel and Kuz are going to Sac for Buddy Hield 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

Nope. Harrel and Kuz are going to Sac for Buddy Hield 

Pay attention, Dork. It's Shams vs Woj. Nothing is done yet.