Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

5 minutes ago, Grizball said:

I see Kuminga as the guy to go after. He has the highest ceiling to be the third star to add to our core, and with him being gettable at 6 or 7 or 8, we should trade up.

Yea you are right but he also has the highest BUST potential in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Grizball said:

I see Kuminga as the guy to go after. He has the highest ceiling to be the third star to add to our core, and with him being gettable at 6 or 7 or 8, we should trade up.

That would mean giving up Kyle most probably to GSW or ORL. I just don't see OKC trading out of #6.

Now, I think Kyle would be the perfect fit for GSW, so that would get us Kuminga, and definitely Moody.

The question is does the FO wanna move off Kyle to move up?

I thought so before with high probability, but I'm not so sure now.

Or do they wanna keep him beyond next season, and take Moody or Giddey, unless GSW or Kings try to psyche us out of capital? Or do they wanna save Kyle for a draft deadline trade?

31 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I have seen different people post this. Help me understand the logic here. We got rid of our starting C so that we can move up to #10 so that we can take a guy who we will use as a backup PG and then trade our backup PG, is that correct? This still leaves a hole at our wing position. Why would we take a guy at #10 to use as a backup PG and not address probably our most glaring concern?

I think it’s becoming clear through the smoke. 
crazy stuff going on. wheeling and dealing. I do like the fo’s assertiveness. 

slim. 

The mock write-ups say Moody is a safe pick, and a 3&D guy. Safe doesn't have to = role player. If he can be a wing and be our  Mikal Bridges, then we still got quite a few picks that we could use for a big trade when the right time presents itself.

I think this pick needs to be used on a safe bet that fills a definite need, not so much a "potential". I mean isn't that the reason half the board's here are going off their heads because we made a "potential" pick that they are starting to doubt before his rookie contract is even up?

28 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I have seen different people post this. Help me understand the logic here. We got rid of our starting C so that we can move up to #10 so that we can take a guy who we will use as a backup PG and then trade our backup PG, is that correct? This still leaves a hole at our wing position. Why would we take a guy at #10 to use as a backup PG and not address probably our most glaring concern?

Yea but we got a starting caliber C in return that could actually be a better fit.  Seems like a lot of people thinks Adams is chopped liver or something.  They moved on from Jonas because they didn't want to pay him another long contract.   

Tyus, Jonas, Kyle, Jaren, and Grayson are all up for a new deal at the same time.   All of them are looking are probably looking for a pay raise or move on.   NO way we can afford to pay or extend all 5 of those guys.    FO is making the smart play of flipping the guys they probably won't resign.   

Tyus is easiest candidate because as we saw his PT steadily decline over the season. Why give another good contract to a guy barely playing 12mpg.    More than likely he will sign elsewhere when his deal is up; so it makes sense to flip him before he goes.     Go find an older Vet PG for minimum to replace him.   

Giddey would ultimately be a starter but he has the skills to play backup PG when Ja is off the court.    they wouldn't be drafting him to be the backup PG.   

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

The mock write-ups say Moody is a safe pick, and a 3&D guy. Safe doesn't have to = role player. If he can be a wing and be our  Mikal Bridges, then we still got quite a few picks that we could use for a big trade when the right time presents itself.

I think this pick needs to be used on a safe bet not so much a "potential". I mean isn't that the reason half the board's here a going off their heads because we made a "potential" pick that they are starting to doubt before his rookie contract is even up?

I saw that same review about him. have to keep in mind these reviews are just a guy’s opinion. he could be way off saying ‘he’ll be a decent pro’. the kid could be a stud. I think he’ll be very good. 

slim. 

I think I've lost my mind. I realize that Kuminga is the most likely guy to suck but I kind of want to take a chance on him if we can't get super high in the draft. He's the only guy with superstar potential that could be there from 8-10 range. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

what if Orlando #5 is the real move and we get Jalen Suggs.  

I'd be super happy

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think he’ll be good but can he play alongside ja? that’s an awfully small backcourt. that’s the problem. 

slim. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Would be great, but I think Toronto is playing games with people. They know OKC wants Scottie Barnes badly, and are fainting to see if Presti will overpay.

I think Masai takes Suggs at 4. 

20 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I think this pick needs to be used on a safe bet that fills a definite need, not so much a "potential". I mean isn't that the reason half the board's here are going off their heads because we made a "potential" pick that they are starting to doubt before his rookie contract is even up?

We could've just taken Murphy at 17 then

56 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Giddey would be a backup pg but be groomed to be in the game with Ja.  Eventually start at 2 guard and then backup the pg when Ja sits.  Not that I like him, but that would be the plan I would think.  

13 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

I saw that same review about him. have to keep in mind these reviews are just a guy’s opinion. he could be way off saying ‘he’ll be a decent pro’. the kid could be a stud. I think he’ll be very good. 

slim. 

Exactly.

Plus IMHO he is the better fit. He could be interchangeable at SG or SF with Dillon or Desi, Dillon can play next to Ja and provide him backcourt protection, Bane can slot in at either spot. Plenty of options - especially if we don't have to give up Kyle or Grayson at this stage.

Are really gonna rely on an 18 year old to get meaningful playing time behind Ja, and expect him to provide reasonable or high level D playing next to him in in the backcourt?

I know Bridges was the Julius Irving Award winner for his year, but how many expected him to be what he is now at his slot in the draft?

20 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea but we got a starting caliber C in return that could actually be a better fit.  Seems like a lot of people thinks Adams is chopped liver or something.  They moved on from Jonas because they didn't want to pay him another long contract.   

Tyus, Jonas, Kyle, Jaren, and Grayson are all up for a new deal at the same time.   All of them are looking are probably looking for a pay raise or move on.   NO way we can afford to pay or extend all 5 of those guys.    FO is making the smart play of flipping the guys they probably won't resign.   

Tyus is easiest candidate because as we saw his PT steadily decline over the season. Why give another good contract to a guy barely playing 12mpg.    More than likely he will sign elsewhere when his deal is up; so it makes sense to flip him before he goes.     Go find an older Vet PG for minimum to replace him.   

Giddey would ultimately be a starter but he has the skills to play backup PG when Ja is off the court.    they wouldn't be drafting him to be the backup PG.   

But we didn't have to move anywhere to get a back up pg, it actually would've made more sense to do it at 17. Getting Giddey makes little sense. And paying Adams 34 mill total for like 7 points and like 8 rebounds is chop liver

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Does everyone have their Twitter notifications on for Woj and Shams and Marc Stein and whoever else?

Don't have Twitter, that's a young folks game 

Just now, toocoolkellz said:

Hah! But I'm old too. 

I get it, it's a time suck for sure. 

5 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

We could've just taken Murphy at 17 then

So you think Moody isn't any better?

And we got another pick to be used as capital

17 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Well, first, this front office didn't produce Jaren and Dillon. Just call Hollinger if you doubt that.

And any 5 year old would have taken Ja, I don't give Kleiman and Cho any credit for that.

And I disagree, I bet hardly any get the top 10 exactly right tomorrow. I sure don't see any conformity in the mocks in 6-10. 

Hollinger may be taking credit for Jaren and Dillon but he wasn't the person leading the discussion in the draft room. Hollinger (and Wallace for that matter) had already been removed from their positions and Makris and Kleiman were leading the drafts. I did talk to Wallace, Hollinger, Makris and Kleiman at the time and they all agreed that the "young guns" had taken over the draft process.  

Before the draft there was discussion between RJ Barrett and Ja Morant. 

I believe you agree with me about the so called Draft Experts and their ability to predict what will happen. 

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

im too old too but i do have an account.   Pretty much only use it during draft and free agency.   That's only time its useful for me. 

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

So you think Moody isn't any better?

And we got another pick to be used as capital

Yes but better enough to be a star? No I do not

What IF . . . 

The 1st 6 picks go Cade to Pistons, Green to Rockets, Mobley to Cavs, Suggs to Rap, Scottie Barnes to Magic, and Bouknight to OKC. Kuminga, who has been top 5 at least all year, is falling.

So the Warriors are sitting there at 7. You know the vets in San Fran. don't want another Wiseman project. So Kuminga is sitting there.

BC and our Dubs 1st next year and #10 to jump to #7. And the Grizz take Kuminga.

Would we do it? Should we do it?

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Hollinger may be taking credit for Jaren and Dillon but he wasn't the person leading the discussion in the draft room. Hollinger (and Wallace for that matter) had already been removed from their positions and Makris and Kleiman were leading the drafts. I did talk to Wallace, Hollinger, Makris and Kleiman at the time and they all agreed that the "young guns" had taken over the draft process.  

I believe you agree with me about the so called Draft Experts and their ability to predict what will happen. 

Simply not true. Not even close to being true. But I know you won't be convinced otherwise.