Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If Kuminga hits - that would be surefire Star.    He is for real swing for the fences.       Risky as hades tho. 

I think he has the biggest bust potential of the top 10. Pure athletes who don't understand the game always scare me. Is there a chance he could turn into idk, the next Giannis, I guess, but chances are he more than likely will be like a thicker Stromile or something.

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If Kuminga hits - that would be surefire Star.    He is for real swing for the fences.       Risky as hades tho. 

I agree, to me the rest are just role players. I don't dislike them but if we're moving up to 10, I assume we could've found a role player at 17 so it was not need to really move up. I want either star potential or we cash in some of those extra picks for a budding star

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I think he has the biggest bust potential of the top 10. Pure athletes who don't understand the game always scare me. Is there a chance he could turn into idk, the next Giannis, I guess, but chances are he more than likely will be like a thicker Stromile or something.

very true BUT i trust Kuminga and Giddey's stats over the college guys.  They played tougher competition so that is the only reason i can see the logic in both of them.  Plus Anthony Edwards got a lot of the same knocks but against lesser competition but he is turning out pretty well.   

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

very true BUT i trust Kuminga and Giddey's stats over the college guys.  They played tougher competition so that is the only reason i can see the logic in both of them.  Plus Anthony Edwards got a lot of the same knocks but against lesser competition but he is turning out pretty well.   

I was thinking of Edwards too, he is similar to Kuminga 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

next move isn't till the draft.    GSW is the play and they won't make a move till they know Beal is off the table. 

Agreed, we shouldn't move until we have too, I would assume the FO has a few guys in mind. Maybe we pick at 10 get Wagner, Moody, Bouknight, or Giddy......................then do something to move 40 into something better, who knows.

If we are leaning a PG and moving on from Tyus, I wonder if Davion Mitchell is in play. He's a bulldog defensively, shot really well from behind the arc last year, and is a good distributor. Not ideal size (because if he was 6-4, he'd be certainly as good of a prospect as Suggs is), but he's strong enough to overcome I think. 

If we stay put and Giddey is gone, I think that could be the pick.

If we move up, it is either for Wagner or Bouknight. I don't see us trading up to get Giddey. 

I also see Giddey as a move semi to bolster the bench unit of Melton and Grayson to an extent. It allows Melton to guard PGs, and but still gives us a nice playmaking PG to pair with him that has size. Also allows Grayson to guard SGs instead of SFs. It could be just a coincidence, but it would make some sense as well. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

next move isn't till the draft.    GSW is the play and they won't make a move till they know Beal is off the table. 

Beal is off the table. Wiz don't want to trade him, Beal hasn't requested a trade. You just don't put that kind of trade together in 24 hours. Wiz would shop him and play teams off against each other. We would know about it, like with Ben Simmons, if that was happening.

Dubs trading with the Raptors and Siakam is on the table, because the Raptors seem open for business. 

Some Warriors guy today said they can't get traction on anything and are resigned to going into the draft with 7 and 14. So stay tuned, I guess. 

5 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Another thing about Kuminga is he was only supposed to be a senior last year. Next year would've been his freshman year of college, but instead he's in the draft. He certainly has the tools, but is certainly a big risk. 

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

3 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Edwards exceeded expectations but there's nothing to suggest that Kuminga will or won't. It's all guessing on everyone's part. What I do know is he was expected to be a top 2 or 3 pick until the G-League season happened and people saw flaws and he dropped (in mock drafts obviously). There are questions about his motor (I may be wrong but I don't think Edwards motor was questioned). And questions about his knowledge of the game, BBIQ if you will.

If we take him, great, I hope for the best but in general, I think he has the biggest bust potential and the widest range of bust to beast. I think he has a very low floor and a very high ceiling. I think he and Jalen Johnson probably have the highest star potential outside of the top 3 picks but I think Kuminga has a lower floor than Johnson. I could be wrong on all of this. It's just guessing on limited data.

1 minute ago, Rdk4121 said:

If we are leaning a PG and moving on from Tyus, I wonder if Davion Mitchell is in play. He's a bulldog defensively, shot really well from behind the arc last year, and is a good distributor. Not ideal size (because if he was 6-4, he'd be certainly as good of a prospect as Suggs is), but he's strong enough to overcome I think. 

If we stay put and Giddey is gone, I think that could be the pick.

If we move up, it is either for Wagner or Bouknight. I don't see us trading up to get Giddey. 

I also see Giddey as a move semi to bolster the bench unit of Melton and Grayson to an extent. It allows Melton to guard PGs, and but still gives us a nice playmaking PG to pair with him that has size. Also allows Grayson to guard SGs instead of SFs. It could be just a coincidence, but it would make some sense as well. 

i see no world where Davion is the pick.   They want a wing with some size.   

At 10 we will get one of Moody Wagner or Giddey.  Those 3 are the floor.  Kuminga and Bouknight are the reach. 

I think Moody and Wagner make the team better day one, might start. Giddy might be good because he can back up Ja and maybe play next to Ja also, I think he and JJJ could do damage together also. Kuminga and Bouknight may be better in the long run.

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

i see no world where Davion is the pick.   They want a wing with some size.   

At 10 we will get one of Moody Wagner or Giddey.  Those 3 are the floor.  Kuminga and Bouknight are the reach. 

Zero chance we pick Davion. 

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Edwards exceeded expectations but there's nothing to suggest that Kuminga will or won't. It's all guessing on everyone's part. What I do know is he was expected to be a top 2 or 3 pick until the G-League season happened and people saw flaws and he dropped (in mock drafts obviously). There are questions about his motor (I may be wrong but I don't think Edwards motor was questioned). And questions about his knowledge of the game, BBIQ if you will.

If we take him, great, I hope for the best but in general, I think he has the biggest bust potential and the widest range of bust to beast. I think he has a very low floor and a very high ceiling. I think he and Jalen Johnson probably have the highest star potential outside of the top 3 picks but I think Kuminga has a lower floor than Johnson. I could be wrong on all of this. It's just guessing on limited data.

If i remember correctly those were the same criticisms for Edwards.    Both are extremely physically gifted athletes that underwhelmed in their debuts.    

The thing with Kuminga is he will be a true test of development structure of this staff.  He has ALL the tools and package.     Everything with him depends on work ethic. 

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Do we have a Summer League thread? Vegas Summer League schedule out.

Yes

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If i remember correctly those were the same criticisms for Edwards.    Both are extremely physically gifted athletes that underwhelmed in their debuts.    

The thing with Kuminga is he will be a true test of development structure of this staff.  He has ALL the tools and package.     Everything with him depends on work ethic. 

Edwards motor and IQ were definetely questioned. 

36 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Another thing about Kuminga is he was only supposed to be a senior last year. Next year would've been his freshman year of college, but instead he's in the draft. He certainly has the tools, but is certainly a big risk. 

Kuminga is... solid.  He has BUST potential but so does Cade, in my opinion.  And, what if Mobley isn't a SUPER STAR??? Then he would be considered a BUST too.

If Kuminga goes to the wrong franchise he could be a bust... but at 10...  not sure if this draft is SUPER DEEP.

I actually liked those "sleeper pick" types we worked out, assuming we would be at 17.  Wish we could have TWO of those guys basically over anyone in that 5-10 range.

People need to remember that 95% of the so called draft experts can't get the top 10 picks correct in the draft. Don't worry about what they guys are saying. Trust the Grizzlies Front Office that produced Dillon Brooks, Jaren Jackson, Ja Morant, Brandon Clarke, Desmond Bane and Xavier Tillman in the last few drafts. The brain running the Grizzlies draft is far superior to anyone you are reading right now. 

5 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

What combination of players would it take to get Wiseman + 7 + 14 for 10 and things

They would want a proven star for a package like that. No combos. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

People need to remember that 95% of the so called draft experts can't get the top 10 picks correct in the draft. Don't worry about what they guys are saying. Trust the Grizzlies Front Office that produced Dillon Brooks, Jaren Jackson, Ja Morant, Brandon Clarke, Desmond Bane and Xavier Tillman in the last few drafts. The brain running the Grizzlies draft is far superior to anyone you are reading right now. 

Well, first, this front office didn't produce Jaren and Dillon. Just call Hollinger if you doubt that.

And any 5 year old would have taken Ja, I don't give Kleiman and Cho any credit for that.

And I disagree, I bet hardly any get the top 10 exactly right tomorrow. I sure don't see any conformity in the mocks in 6-10.