Grizzhype

New Official 2021 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

10 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

if we stay at 10 then its either Giddey or Moody.  If we move up then it may be Wagner. 

I watched a lot of Giddey since yesterday trade, I dont understand the fit, Moody and Murphy seems way better fit than him. I can only see Giddey if they want him as a backup now and draft as a project.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I really don't know what the goal is.

Did you read what LuganVillage posted?

With that being said, personally, I think everything is on the table except Ja. If they can trade up to #2 or #3 by using Jaren and then use one of the many 1st round picks to get someone else, you have 3 guys. There's more than one way to skin a cat. I'm not advocating trading him but I don't know why people think he is untouchable. 

I think I remember Jaren scoring 43pts against 2 time Mvp Giannis...  Now what most people forget is that Ja did not play that game...   Jaren has been forced to play a role on this team but I think that changes this season...

RELEASE THE UNICORN!! 😂🤣

5 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I watched a lot of Giddey since yesterday trade, I dont understand the fit, Moody and Murphy seems way better fit than him. I can only see Giddey if they want him as a backup now and draft as a project.

yea ive been watching him too and i can care less about nifty passes if you cannot do anything else.   No way we take Murphy this high.  Wagner should be the play if we get to 7.  

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

yea ive been watching him too and i can care less about nifty passes if you cannot do anything else.   No way we take Murphy this high.  Wagner should be the play if we get to 7.  

If GS can take him with 14, so do we with 10. I dont care the number of the pick, I care about the player we can get. If Moody and Bouknight are gone, we should look both Johnsons that also might be there and take a good look in Murphy. The only guy from the rumors that I like is Bouknight, other than that, like I said. I like Moody fit as a two guard. He is like a bigger version of Bane that actually plays great D. If he devolop his handles and finishing is top 5 talent.

Other crazy scenario about Giddey that I forgot to mention is that if you are looking the mocks from a good time, they sloted him for the Pacers a lot. Could we make the Brogdon/Turner trade and move Giddey with a package of players and picks for them?

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

If GS can take him with 14, so do we with 10. I dont care the number of the pick, I care about the player we can get. If Moody and Bouknight are gone, we should look both Johnsons that also might be there and take a good look in Murphy. The only guy from the rumors that I like is Bouknight, other than that, like I said. I like Moody fit as a two guard. He is like a bigger version of Bane that actually plays great D. If he devolop his handles and finishing is top 5 talent.

The Johnson’s are both dropping like rocks. They would be there at 17. Also, neither are the type this FO looks for. 

I want Moody, Bouknight, Wagner, then Giddy. I’d wait and see how the draft plays out thru 5 or 6. Who is left at 6, are all these guys? Who best fits with Ja, DB, and Jaren? Don’t give up too much too quick..........unless they are really going for a top 3, which I doubt.

I’m against Bouknight at this point. A SG who is listed at 6’3.5” isn’t super appealing but could work. A SG averaging significantly more turnovers than assists?? That scares the sh!t out of me

5 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

I want Moody, Bouknight, Wagner, then Giddy. I’d wait and see how the draft plays out thru 5 or 6. Who is left at 6, are all these guys? Who best fits with Ja, DB, and Jaren? Don’t give up too much too quick..........unless they are really going for a top 3, which I doubt.

If they go all the way up it has to be for Green or Cade. Special Cade. I like Mobley, dont get me wrong, but I want to have the backcourt of the future over the frontcourt of the future.

1 minute ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I’m against Bouknight at this point. A SG who is listed at 6’3.5” isn’t super appealing but could work. A SG averaging significantly more turnovers than assists?? That scares the sh!t out of me

I didn’t know about the t/ o to assists numbers.......yes, I want some length too.

1 minute ago, lsugrizzfan said:

He wont pass the ball that much. He is a bucket getter, it is like a shorter Dillon but with freak athleticism and that could turn into a star.

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

If they go all the way up it has to be for Green or Cade. Special Cade. I like Mobley, dont get me wrong, but I want to have the backcourt of the future over the frontcourt of the future.

I’m not interested in giving up what it would take to get them. We can afford the other guys and not lose a good young guy on our roster.

To me the big board should be:

Moses Moody – SG – Arkansas  🐻

Jonathan Kuminga – SF – G League Ignite  🐻

James Bouknight – SG – UConn    🐻

To me the whole point of moving  from 17 to 10 was to find a high level player...  Not a career role player or one dimensional project..  Dont want no parts of Wagner or Giddy..

If the Grizz can make a deal with the Magic, they should be able to get one of the three..   

Just now, Jetfixer said:

I’m not interested in giving up what it would take to get them. We can afford the other guys and not lose a good young guy on our roster.

Who would be that guy? If we keep Jaren and Ja Im more than fine. We can overpay with picks like the Clippers did, we actually wont need those if we have 7 playable guys next year and got capspace to add players around our big 3. 

1 minute ago, Grizzhype said:

To me the whole point of moving  from 17 to 10 was to find a high level player...  Not a career role player or one dimensional project..  Dont want no parts of Wagner or Giddy..

If the Grizz can make a deal with the Magic, they should be able to get one of the three..   

Those are 3 good players, but I doubt we have much interest in Kuminga. 

2 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Kuminga is Rudy Gay all over again. He has bust written all over him.

Kuminga is intriguing, he looks really good much of the time, but he makes boneheaded decisions way too much. If he could be reeled in and has the ability to make good decisions he could be a star.

5 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

He wont pass the ball that much. He is a bucket getter, it is like a shorter Dillon but with freak athleticism and that could turn into a star.

An undersized bucket getter who doesn’t pass maxes out as a sixth man on good teams. Not what I’m looking for. 

1 minute ago, Ja_Rules said:

Kuminga is Rudy Gay all over again. He has bust written all over him.

Rudy Gay was no bust, that’s dumb.

3 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

An undersized bucket getter who doesn’t pass maxes out as a sixth man on good teams. Not what I’m looking for. 

Thats what Ive been saying all year about him...  If he had more size...  Not a good fit next to Ja but we'll see what the Front Office thinks real soon...🧐

Not much talk about Scottie Barnes being a target, he could be the target too.

Just now, Jetfixer said:

Not much talk about Scottie Barnes being a target, he could be the target too.

He's been gettin top 5 pick projections..  

Scottie Barnes scouting report sounds like a shorter, less athletic Ben Simmons. Defense. Passing. Can’t shoot.