Ja_Rules

Best realistic offseason plan

Just now, I❤️JV said:

are you saying 3j is done?

ha, no.

I have knocked jaren in the past, but I must say- he was very impressive in the bubble. he was aggressive and pretty dominant.

a guy like winslow- I'd say he needs to be working and ready to roll.

I'll say it again- I don't think we have ever had a player like ja and he is going to change the rules for our organization. guys need to come in ready to follow his lead or be ready to find another address. 

slim.

56 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Fournier would be sign and traded in the trade idea that you responded too. 

Then two things. Once we get to sign-and-trade status, the player and his agent run things. Fournier would pick a team, his agent goes to the Magic, says Evan is signing with the Spurs, try to work out a sign-and-trade so your get something out of it.  Evan would have to choose us over all the other teams that might want him in order for him to come to Memphis in a sign-and-trade.

2nd, the Magic would be better off just letting Fornier walk than taking back Guduric, Gorgui and Kyle. That's $30M of bad contract, and Kyle has another $10M the year after.

Your idea doesn't make sense. 

2 hours ago, memphis slim said:

ha, no.

I have knocked jaren in the past, but I must say- he was very impressive in the bubble. he was aggressive and pretty dominant.

a guy like winslow- I'd say he needs to be working and ready to roll.

I'll say it again- I don't think we have ever had a player like ja and he is going to change the rules for our organization. guys need to come in ready to follow his lead or be ready to find another address. 

slim.

Man Winslow is always working, he post gym videos daily. 

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Man Winslow is always working, he post gym videos daily. 

I hope you're right. But Zion did videos all summer too, and he showed up to Orlando looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy. I kind of like the guys that just do the work, and don't feel the need to Instagram daily to show us how hard they are working. 

5 hours ago, The J Crew said:

How is that realistic for the Magic? Marko is not an NBA player. Gorgui is a huge negative asset, at least $12M overpaid, and the Magic have Vucivec and Bamba. SloMo is owed $19.5M the next two years. Would Kyle get 2 years / $20M if he was a free agent this summer? Of course not, so he's a negative asset too.

Orlando has made the playoffs the last two seasons. They aren't taking 3 scrubs from us for their leading 2nd leading scorer who shoots 40% from 3. 

Is the same type of deal between the Bucks/Pacers they gets assets and dont put more salary back. If they trade Vucevic things get even better in their rebuild, because that what they must do, making the 8th spot every year and getting destroyed is worse than doenst making it.

3 hours ago, memphis slim said:

I get the distinct feeling that ja will come back next year on a mission and his overall game will be even better.

I get the feeling that guys will need to meet ja's dedication and drive at some level, or they won't be part of the ride.

slim.

Same feeling here. He will be the 1st Grizzlies ever Superstar 

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Is the same type of deal between the Bucks/Pacers they gets assets and dont put more salary back. If they trade Vucevic things get even better in their rebuild, because that what they must do, making the 8th spot every year and getting destroyed is worse than doenst making it.

It's nothing like the Buck Pacers deal. First, Brogdon was a restricted free agent. And the Bucks got a 1st rounder and two 2nd rounders, and took no salary at all back. Which was great for the Bucks, because they needed the cap space.

And whoever you are listening to that is filling your head with the idea that missing the playoffs is better than making the playoffs, I would suggest change the channel, because that is some dumb ish. 

5 hours ago, Dwash said:

That's before you get into the fact that signed and traded players are BYC and we would have to find someone else to absorb one of those deals.  We would be out of atleast 2 future 1sts trying to get Fournier and that's if they basically decide they are done with him. 

I also suggested the Magic could do a secondary deal with Vucevic. Maybe to move up for the Hornets pick or even a trade with GS.

50 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I hope you're right. But Zion did videos all summer too, and he showed up to Orlando looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy. I kind of like the guys that just do the work, and don't feel the need to Instagram daily to show us how hard they are working. 

I saw Winslow right before the covid thing at the hawks game. He was the last guy to leave the shoot around. He was sweating profusely working his a off and wasn't even playing. He's never been overweight so I wouldn't compare him to Zion but I think its more of rehab. I love to see guys grinding on social media, get that work

2 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

I saw Winslow right before the covid thing at the hawks game. He was the last guy to leave the shoot around. He was sweating profusely working his a off and wasn't even playing. He's never been overweight so I wouldn't compare him to Zion but I think its more of rehab. I love to see guys grinding on social media, get that work

Well, I hope, since he wasn't playing that game, that he put in some extra shooting work in.

I hope Justise turns into the next LeBron for us, re-signs to a big contract with the Grizz, and helps lead us to playoff glory. And people make fun of me for 10 years for being so wrong. But I hated that trade then, and hate it more now. 

And it's hard to measure just how bad it is, because we will never know what we could have done with the $40M in contract we took on next season. 

I've kind of changed my stance on what we should be doing this year/offseason. I think we should stand pat this year, re-sign Melton on a reasonable deal, give Josh or Stanley Johnson a one year deal, and work on clearing some cap, mainly trying to trade Kyle's last year. Obviously we should try to win this year, but if we don't we get a high draft pick as a consolation prize.

I think we should position ourselves to go after a big time free agent. There's at least a decent chance that Kawhi or PG13 want to leave LA after next year. Oladipo should be available. Even lesser stars like Oubre, Hayward, Otto Porter Jr,  Dennis Schröder, Fournier, and some restricted guys like Jarrett Allen, Terence Davis, Kuzma, OG, Gray Trent, Duncan Robinson, and Svi should be reasonably attainable. Possibly some guys with player options like Josh Richardson, Dinwiddie, or Powell opt out. 

Think about getting either Kawhi or 2 young stars like Oubre/Allen/Robinson/Davis. Side note: I think we should really go after Davis, he looks like he could be a star, but I think he can be what Gary Harris was a couple seasons ago. I'll say we get Davis and Allen just for the sake of argument. We get two quality young guys with playoff experience. Plus we'll have our own first round pick.

Ja/Davis/Dillon/Jaren/JV

Tyus/Melton/Allen/Justise/Brandon/Allen/FRP

Alternatively, we could absorb a player on a bad contract for a pick, like if the Warriors want to dump Wiggins, or Middleton if the Bucks end up getting split up (probably not getting a pick for that, but you get the idea). 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, memphis slim said:

**** straight...

I cant wait to see what Winslow is going to do. I hope he can stay mostly heathy this season. I was surprise we had JV all season but that few month layoff must have helped. 

4 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I cant wait to see what Winslow is going to do. I hope he can stay mostly heathy this season. I was surprise we had JV all season but that few month layoff must have helped. 

JV in 8 years in a league had 2 freak hand injures one by Kobe another by Green and probably couple ankle sprains...that is it....why are you surprised is beyond me....JV missed less games in 8 years than 3J missed in 2. 

19 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

JV in 8 years in a league had 2 freak hand injures one by Kobe another by Green and probably couple ankle sprains...that is it....why are you surprised is beyond me....JV missed less games in 8 years than 3J missed in 2. 

I think it's just that the closest point of reference was the previous season when he lost quite a few games, but yeah, for a big man JV is very durable (cross our fingers).

On 10/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, I❤️JV said:

JV missed less games in 8 years than 3J missed in 2. 

I know this wasn't intended as such, but man that comes off as a serious burn to JJJ. 

On 10/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, SC Grizz said:

I know this wasn't intended as such, but man that comes off as a serious burn to JJJ. 

Yes it does hahaha