Ja_Rules

Best realistic offseason plan

Looking in what we have and what we lack, The main things are scorers/shooters around Ja and to replace SlowMo, Guduric and Dieng with better options, or at least options with more potential.

Thinking about the best way to upgrade our team and looking for a realistic target in the offseason I found once again Fournier as the best short/long term obtainable option as a wing scorer to add to our core. I think Fournier could be great next to Ja/Dillon and could have a similar effect to our team as JV did when he got here. To tell the truth, I wanted Beal and Oladipo, but they probabily would cost too much. Fournier had a career year last season, is a volume shooter with good % and is a 3 level scorer after all. He is not the scorer or closer that Oladipo and Beal are but he is good. Also, I dont believe the Magic will pay much to keep him, they only kept him because he wanted to stay there but I bet he is tired of loosing now. So if we work a deal with them similar of what the Pacers did with the Bucks, I think we can pry him away and give him a great short term contract. Magic probabily would trade Vucevic for a team like the Hornets and move up to draft a better option than what they would get with the15th.

I consider this draft way better than ppl think, so with teams selling "cheap" their picks that could be a opportunity to move up or into the 1st round. My main target in a realistic trade is the Boston late 1sts.

My two realistic trades for the offseason:

S&T (SlowMo + Dieng + Guduric) + 2023 top 5 protected 1st pick + three 2nds for Fournier in a short term deal [3y/90 mil], I see him getting at most 5y/110 mil in the market but that to go for a loosing team, so for him our option would be better.

2026 top 10 protect 1st + cash for 26th and 30th Celtics draft picks. Boston is already too young, so they need some veterans not young bloods and they probabily would not want to give guaranteed money to late 1st round guys. 

FA:

I would take a gamble in a player like Giles, he is a young big that could fit perfect in our window and could a great 4th or 5th option on the frontcourt. He is injury prone but with Jaren, JV and BC as the main guys Porter and Giles are insurances.

Draft:

26th (Woodard) a potential 3&D glue guy, I see a way better pro than a college player.

30th (Scrubb) a scorer, he can be a steal or a bust. As the 30th pick, more than deserves the risk. Can be the future backcourt mate for Ja.

40th (Riller) another scorer, could be a steal too, if he buys into playing some D. It is a 3 level scorer and would feel a need. Better option than Melton as backup pg if necessary. 

The squad:

Ja/Tyus/Riller

Fournier/Allen/Melton/Scrubb/Konchar*

Dillon/Winslow/Woodard

Jaren/Clarke/Porter

JV/Giles/2way undrafted*

Read my mind on a Fournier trade. I have a feeling the Magic are gonna blow it and trade him + Vucevic, maybe even Gordon anyways. I think we can get Fournier for Anderson/Guduric/pick(s). Draft Tre Jones. Resign Jackson+Konchar and fill out the roster with added frontcourt depth. Maybe a guy Jonah Bolden.

Morant/Jones/Jones

Fournier/Allen/Konchar

Winslow/Brooks/Jackson

Jackson/Clarke/Bolden

Valanciunas/Dieng/Porter

8 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Looking in what we have and what we lack, The main things are scorers/shooters around Ja and to replace SlowMo, Guduric and Dieng with better options, or at least options with more potential.

Thinking about the best way to upgrade our team and looking for a realistic target in the offseason I found once again Fournier as the best short/long term obtainable option as a wing scorer to add to our core. I think Fournier could be great next to Ja/Dillon and could have a similar effect to our team as JV did when he got here. To tell the truth, I wanted Beal and Oladipo, but they probabily would cost too much. Fournier had a career year last season, is a volume shooter with good % and is a 3 level scorer after all. He is not the scorer or closer that Oladipo and Beal are but he is good. Also, I dont believe the Magic will pay much to keep him, they only kept him because he wanted to stay there but I bet he is tired of loosing now. So if we work a deal with them similar of what the Pacers did with the Bucks, I think we can pry him away and give him a great short term contract. Magic probabily would trade Vucevic for a team like the Hornets and move up to draft a better option than what they would get with the15th.

I consider this draft way better than ppl think, so with teams selling "cheap" their picks that could be a opportunity to move up or into the 1st round. My main target in a realistic trade is the Boston late 1sts.

My two realistic trades for the offseason:

S&T (SlowMo + Dieng + Guduric) + 2023 top 5 protected 1st pick + three 2nds for Fournier in a short term deal [3y/90 mil], I see him getting at most 5y/110 mil in the market but that to go for a loosing team, so for him our option would be better.

2026 top 10 protect 1st + cash for 26th and 30th Celtics draft picks. Boston is already too young, so they need some veterans not young bloods and they probabily would not want to give guaranteed money to late 1st round guys. 

FA:

I would take a gamble in a player like Giles, he is a young big that could fit perfect in our window and could a great 4th or 5th option on the frontcourt. He is injury prone but with Jaren, JV and BC as the main guys Porter and Giles are insurances.

Draft:

26th (Woodard) a potential 3&D glue guy, I see a way better pro than a college player.

30th (Scrubb) a scorer, he can be a steal or a bust. As the 30th pick, more than deserves the risk. Can be the future backcourt mate for Ja.

40th (Riller) another scorer, could be a steal too, if he buys into playing some D. It is a 3 level scorer and would feel a need. Better option than Melton as backup pg if necessary. 

The squad:

Ja/Tyus/Riller

Fournier/Allen/Melton/Scrubb/Konchar*

Dillon/Winslow/Woodard

Jaren/Clarke/Porter

JV/Giles/2way undrafted*

I’m not trading a 1st rounder down the line for Fournier. If they accept the 3seconds so be it but no more Jeff Green type deals for non stars

also not giving Boston another 1st. We likely can buy a 1st this year or trade up with seconds. But no need to overpay for late 1st and hinder assets for non rotational players. 

We likely stay pat roster wise no big additions 

Resign Melton Front Office loves him at reasonable price. 
Draft either stash player or a player who can develop in the G League. No need to add multiple rookies Who will not play to a already young team. 

Wishful thinking Possibly move Dieng for GS TPE before it expires on them in a 3team deal that lands us Kelly Oubre. 

Trade some cash and players for picks to land Xavier Tillman and Riller , keep our future picks. I guess that puts dieng and guduric on the block  and one of our forwards .

For me I wouldn't want to start dealing future a 1st round pick for someone on the level of Fournier.  Hold those assets to either use for ourselves or to take a major homerun swing when the time is right (which likely isn't right now imo).  I might consider going after Hield but that is in part b/c I think he may be somewhat cheap, and wouldn't include a future 1st for him either. 

We are finally going to have all our future 1sts after this draft and I'm not eager to return to that "when will we convey" mindset unless it's for a super good reason.

40 minutes ago, grizzknob said:

For me I wouldn't want to start dealing future a 1st round pick for someone on the level of Fournier.  Hold those assets to either use for ourselves or to take a major homerun swing when the time is right (which likely isn't right now imo).  I might consider going after Hield but that is in part b/c I think he may be somewhat cheap, and wouldn't include a future 1st for him either. 

We are finally going to have all our future 1sts after this draft and I'm not eager to return to that "when will we convey" mindset unless it's for a super good reason.

We just got away from this potential Jeff Green disaster and already we are talking about moving a pick for a similar caliber player? 

Teams like Memphis should only give up picks when they are virtually certain that the pick will be non lottery...ie, only give up picks that convey in the upcoming draft, preferably at the deadline. 

Fournier is a good player and could make this team better but I wouldn't give up a 1st for him. 

Also I am done wheeling and dealing with Boston.  We always get the short end of the stick with them. 

6 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

Fournier is a good player and could nake this team better but I wouldn't give up a 1st for him. 

Also I am done wheeling and dealing with Boston.  We always get the short end of the stick with them. 

what if Boston were to "inquire" or have already inquired about JV availability?  Hmm, maybe an opportunity to get some value ++ back if it included a shooter or a "very" high draft pick....

Guys, why would the Grizzlies trade for Fournier when they have a younger more athletic version of him already on the roster who plays defense...   

Play-in Game Grayson Allen!! or Nba Bubble Grayson Allen!!😈

The one thing I like about the FO is that don't they don't try to acquire these one dimensional, one trick pony, undersized jokers some of you guys seem to be so high on...🤣

I'd expect any player acquisitions the Grizzlies make to be 3nD, with a high basketball iQ and sure as heck not "Gator arms Evan Fournier"...😅

6 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Guys, why would the Grizzlies trade for Fournier when they have a younger more athletic version of him already on the roster who plays defense...   

The one thing I like about the FO is that don't they don't try to acquire these one dimensional, one trick pony, undersized jokers some of you guys seem to be so high on...🤣

I'd expect any player acquisitions the Grizzlies make to be 3nD, with a high basketball iQ and sure as heck not "Gator arms Evan Fournier"...😅

Evan is 6 foot 7 so he wouldn't be undersized at the 2, but I do suspect the FO would prefer a player with a bit more versatility.  To be fair though, Allen is not the offensive player that Evan is up to this point 

15 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Evan Fournier is not one the best players in the league but he is a better player than Grayson is right now and a capable 3 level scorer.

We need to move what we can with players who dont fit. I want to be fighting for the playoffs in another season 

6 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

We need to move what we can with players who dont fit. I want to be fighting for the playoffs in another season 

That is why Guduric + Dieng + SlowMo and picks for Fournier in a S&T is the best realistic deal I found. Between him, Dillon, Winslow, Allen and Melton; Ja will have enought help on the wing. I add the deal for the picks because I like both of those prospects and I think they are underrated, just like Clarke last year they will produce more for years to come than late 1sts

IMHO before we give away any picks ...we need to see what we have in house....we should do nothing this offseason....giving away picks for Fournier LaVine or ....Buddy...it's stupid IMO.

2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

That is why Guduric + Dieng + SlowMo and picks for Fournier in a S&T is the best realistic deal I found. Between him, Dillon, Winslow, Allen and Melton; Ja will have enought help on the wing. I add the deal for the picks because I like both of those prospects and I think they are underrated, just like Clarke last year they will produce more for years to come than late 1sts

How is that realistic for the Magic? Marko is not an NBA player. Gorgui is a huge negative asset, at least $12M overpaid, and the Magic have Vucivec and Bamba. SloMo is owed $19.5M the next two years. Would Kyle get 2 years / $20M if he was a free agent this summer? Of course not, so he's a negative asset too.

Orlando has made the playoffs the last two seasons. They aren't taking 3 scrubs from us for their leading 2nd leading scorer who shoots 40% from 3. 

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

IMHO before we give away any picks ...we need to see what we have in house....we should do nothing this offseason....giving away picks for Fournier LaVine or ....Buddy...it's stupid IMO.

I think that is what our front office will do. Also think it's a mistake.

I'm afraid our team record post the Miami trade should tell us all that this team needs help. 

21 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

How is that realistic for the Magic? Marko is not an NBA player. Gorgui is a huge negative asset, at least $12M overpaid, and the Magic have Vucivec and Bamba. SloMo is owed $19.5M the next two years. Would Kyle get 2 years / $20M if he was a free agent this summer? Of course not, so he's a negative asset too.

Orlando has made the playoffs the last two seasons. They aren't taking 3 scrubs from us for their leading 2nd leading scorer who shoots 40% from 3. 

That's before you get into the fact that signed and traded players are BYC and we would have to find someone else to absorb one of those deals.  We would be out of atleast 2 future 1sts trying to get Fournier and that's if they basically decide they are done with him. 

29 minutes ago, Dwash said:

That's before you get into the fact that signed and traded players are BYC and we would have to find someone else to absorb one of those deals.  We would be out of atleast 2 future 1sts trying to get Fournier and that's if they basically decide they are done with him. 

Huh? What sign and traded players are your talking about. All those guys are under contract next season. And who would absorb what?

And we and no one else is giving two future 1sts for Evan Fournier.

Y

my hope is that grayson is putting up shots each and every day this crazy off-season. no reason that he can't put the work in and be an above average 3pt shooter. he has shown flashes of brilliance. now is the time to put the work in and come in ready to roll next season. 

slim.

I get the distinct feeling that ja will come back next year on a mission and his overall game will be even better.

I get the feeling that guys will need to meet ja's dedication and drive at some level, or they won't be part of the ride.

slim.

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

Huh? What sign and traded players are your talking about. All those guys are under contract next season. And who would absorb what?

And we and no one else is giving two future 1sts for Evan Fournier.

Y

Fournier would be sign and traded in the trade idea that you responded too. 

Just now, memphis slim said:

I get the distinct feeling that ja will come back next year on a mission and his overall game will be even better.

I get the feeling that guys will need to meet ja's dedication and drive at some level, or they won't be part of the ride.

slim.

are you saying 3j is done?