Ja_Rules

Ja Morant MIP or even MVP NEXT SEASON?!

3:56 mark and beyond

The man is different ppl, if we get a 3rd piece to add next to Ja/Jaren we will win a title for sure.

3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

The man is different ppl, if we get a 3rd piece to add next to Ja/Jaren we will win a title for sure.

i have been waiting 18 years for a small wing who can shoot then we can talk about it 

3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/deni-avdija/

would be perfect. I don’t see any way to get him though 

1 hour ago, lions said:

i have been waiting 18 years for a small wing who can shoot then we can talk about it 

38 minutes ago, Allen said:

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/deni-avdija/

would be perfect. I don’t see any way to get him though 

I like Scrubb potential, to be a wing scorer, he is getting talk as being a middle/late 1st round pick all the way to the 40s (that could be in our range). He has a long way to be in the conversation with Deni and as a big piece in a upcoming franchise like us, but from what I saw he will be a steal and could turn to be the wing scorer teams would kill to have.

Before you say it I know the competition is not that great, but some ppl talked that about Ja. 

https://www.nbadraft.net/who-is-jay-scrubb/

PS.: From the top, Deni and Wiseman are the guys I really like from the top guys, but unless we make a major trade with someone like GS we wont get them.

But talking about Ja... MIP or MVP? Do you guys believe he will make that jump? I hope he gets stronger and work on his jumper from 3 and midrange.

He can win mip easily next year. To win mvp he would have to put up crazy numbers and the Grizzlies would have to finish with one of the best records

He might win 1 in his career though 

8 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I like Scrubb potential, to be a wing scorer, he is getting talk as being a middle/late 1st round pick all the way to the 40s (that could be in our range). He has a long way to be in the conversation with Deni and as a big piece in a upcoming franchise like us, but from what I saw he will be a steal and could turn to be the wing scorer teams would kill to have.

Before you say it I know the competition is not that great, but some ppl talked that about Ja. 

https://www.nbadraft.net/who-is-jay-scrubb/

PS.: From the top, Deni and Wiseman are the guys I really like from the top guys, but unless we make a major trade with someone like GS we wont get them.

thanks for the infor i,m 

The MIP has never been won by a former rookie of the year. The award kind of assumes that you are not in the elite already (which ROYs are, at least in principle).

MVP is definitely a reachable target in his career, but next season? With the Grizzlies most likely in the lottery again? Come on.

JJJ would be a more likely candidate for MIP next year in my mind.  I do think think a MVP award could be in Ja's future though.

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

The MIP has never been won by a former rookie of the year. The award kind of assumes that you are not in the elite already (which ROYs are, at least in principle).

MVP is definitely a reachable target in his career, but next season? With the Grizzlies most likely in the lottery again? Come on.

Maybe just maybe Ja surprises us another time. Most of us assumed Zion or even RJ would rookie of the year, and we would be really bad and Ja would be fight for it. Not being the almost unanimous ROY. 

If FO make the right moves we might be good enought for the 6th-8th seed, if we get home court advantage and Ja makes the AllStar game he has the chance for the Mvp. At least it is the way Im looking it right now.

He will be in the MVP talk at some point. Just not this early. 

wow, what is not to like about JA..right attitude, skills and competitive....don't even begin talking about MVP...he is now where YET where his game will be in 3 or 4 years...and we need to contend for him to get any serious attention....Jaren's objectives for next season...stay healthy for 75+ games, get grit in your game around the boards, work on your consistency from 3pt land, and continue to mature by showing some FUN on the court during the game...eg you miss one or your off on a certain night, then learn to play a different game on those nights and no palms up..

I think he realistically could be like top 10 in MVP voting depending on where we finish next year. Luka finished 4th not just because of his stats, but because the Mavs played much better than a lot of people thought. 

Now there's a chance we mini tank next year just to get a high draft pick before we go all-in for 2021. We'll just have to see where we end up. As for MIP player, I doubt he'd be able to jump up that much given he already had a great year by any standard. Usually it's people that go from role player to star like Siakam etc. 

Everyone on the boards should start bad-mouthing Ja. We need to make him think we don't have confidence in his ability to improve his shot, become a winning leader and take this team to the playoffs. 

That way he will use us as motivation to become more than any of us can imagine right now! 

On 9/28/2020 at 10:29 AM, Lugan Village said:

wow, what is not to like about JA..right attitude, skills and competitive....don't even begin talking about MVP...he is now where YET where his game will be in 3 or 4 years...and we need to contend for him to get any serious attention....Jaren's objectives for next season...stay healthy for 75+ games, get grit in your game around the boards, work on your consistency from 3pt land, and continue to mature by showing some FUN on the court during the game...eg you miss one or your off on a certain night, then learn to play a different game on those nights and no palms up..

Exactly right. I don't want him to think about being MVP. I suspect Allen Iverson was always chasing that, and it didn't help him. Westbrook and Harden too, maybe.     I want Ja to be able to play all year, develop his skills more, and be that guy who makes all his teammates better.  MVP? There are usually 3-4 serious contenders every year, and often there's no way to tell which way the wind will blow in the selection. Team results? Individual scoring? Huge marketing campaign by team and agent and publicist?   I'll be happy if Ja's on the shortlist, even if it isn't this coming season.   "Perennial all-star" would be a good thing to aim for.