Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

White Supremacy Is ‘Most Lethal Threat’ To The US: DHS

So what is your point? Stay focused on these small numbers of total whack jobs and ignore bigger problems such as the 30,000 gangs in this country that kill an average of 15,500 Americans every year and injure many times more than that?

Gangs don't fit the "domestic violent extremist" grouping so they don't fall under DHS lists, yet are hundreds as times deadly to Americans.

Agendas that are used to divide people by race are in fact just more racism.

Garbage comes in all colors. There is a pile of garbage out there and you're fixating (for obvious reasons) on a specific color of garbage instead of the whole pile.

Some people try to unite, others seek to divide.

I'm sorry but I have to say I believe that gangs are the #1 threat to America not right wing nut jobs but they don't help either. 

The best way to undermine the power of gangs is to legalize drugs such as marijuana. Take away their money base and instead of spending billions fighting drug use, tax it and make billions on the sale to deal with the people who get abused by it. Haven't we learned anything from the lessons of prohibition? During the prohibition era gangs (call them mafia or whatever you want) controlled the sale of the liquor and made money off of it. They were violent and threatened the normal citizens. Once alcohol was legalized again the gangs lost a lot of their power. They had to move to new areas of revenue (gambling for instance) where there were more prohibitions against what people wanted. With legalized gambling another source of revenue has been taken from them making them move to drugs. 

If we want to stop the gangs stop making things illegal and regulate and tax them instead. If you want to reduce human trafficking, legalize prostitution and make the girls register, get tested and pay taxes. It's kind of hard for someone to have a slave type of relationship with a woman if she has to walk into a government building to register. If you want to defund the gangs take away their income sources and stop spending money trying to fight the drugs. Legalize them, tax them and make money for social programs to help the addicts. That way the gangs lose their power. 

I know this thought process will upset the moralists who want to impose their view of morality on others but forcing your views of morality on others allows gangs to gain power and increases violence in the streets. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I'm sorry but I have to say I believe that gangs are the #1 threat to America not right wing nut jobs but they don't help either. 

The best way to undermine the power of gangs is to legalize drugs such as marijuana. Take away their money base and instead of spending billions fighting drug use, tax it and make billions on the sale to deal with the people who get abused by it. Haven't we learned anything from the lessons of prohibition? During the prohibition era gangs (call them mafia or whatever you want) controlled the sale of the liquor and made money off of it. They were violent and threatened the normal citizens. Once alcohol was legalized again the gangs lost a lot of their power. They had to move to new areas of revenue (gambling for instance) where there were more prohibitions against what people wanted. With legalized gambling another source of revenue has been taken from them making them move to drugs. 

If we want to stop the gangs stop making things illegal and regulate and tax them instead. If you want to reduce human trafficking, legalize prostitution and make the girls register, get tested and pay taxes. It's kind of hard for someone to have a slave type of relationship with a woman if she has to walk into a government building to register. If you want to defund the gangs take away their income sources and stop spending money trying to fight the drugs. Legalize them, tax them and make money for social programs to help the addicts. That way the gangs lose their power. 

I know this thought process will upset the moralists who want to impose their view of morality on others but forcing your views of morality on others allows gangs to gain power and increases violence in the streets. 

When you say gangs, you’re referring to the democrats and republicans, right?

6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

When you say gangs, you’re referring to the democrats and republicans, right?

I wasn't referring to political parties. I was referring to groups of citizens who take advantage of laws meant to deny people what they want by providing these things at a price and using force to maintain their position or improve it. 

These type of people can be from any party or be apolitical. I am suggesting government (both GOP and Dems) legalize a lot of these victimless crimes and tax them instead of allowing the underworld to satisfy the demand with their associated violence and crime. 

33 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I wasn't referring to political parties. I was referring to groups of citizens who take advantage of laws meant to deny people what they want by providing these things at a price and using force to maintain their position or improve it. 

These type of people can be from any party or be apolitical. I am suggesting government (both GOP and Dems) legalize a lot of these victimless crimes and tax them instead of allowing the underworld to satisfy the demand with their associated violence and crime. 

I know what you meant, I was just being facetious.

Definitely agree with you on your points. The old "War on ____" tactics haven't really worked for the most part, and have resulted in a lot of unnecessary mass incarceration.

There is a plethora of problems in the world to fix, but many are self-inflicted and solvable. This is the infuriating part.

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I know what you meant, I was just being facetious.

Definitely agree with you on your points. The old "War on ____" tactics haven't really worked for the most part, and have resulted in a lot of unnecessary mass incarceration.

There is a plethora of problems in the world to fix, but many are self-inflicted and solvable. This is the infuriating part.

Missed the satire sorry. 

The reason the parties haven't solved the problem is they don't want to appear soft on drugs/prostitution/gambling, etc. Think of how many lives have been lost to the violence of the gangs protecting their turf. I am sure it far exceeds and damage from legalizing these activities. Not to mention how much more money the country would have to fight real problems like health care and education. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Missed the satire sorry. 

The reason the parties haven't solved the problem is they don't want to appear soft on drugs/prostitution/gambling, etc. Think of how many lives have been lost to the violence of the gangs protecting their turf. I am sure it far exceeds and damage from legalizing these activities. Not to mention how much more money the country would have to fight real problems like health care and education. 

So, in essence, if the lawmakers would get over their hangups...we could possibly improve life expectancy of those affected by gang activity, correct?

Going even further, maybe these two lawmaking groups could start working together on a host of other ailments that perpetually seem to stall the country. Maybe vote out those who promote discord and divisiveness. Maybe a concentrated effort to rid the media of fact bending propaganda. Reduce or even eliminate the money that has proliferated politics. You take most any company or even sports franchise, and success or failure starts with leadership.

We should definitely strip gang activity of any power they have. Legalized/organized sex, gambling, drugs-I'm all for it! I just believe we get there faster by demanding more from our leaders. Two groups that can figuratively remind me of gangs at times.