Ole Dirty Klondike

2020 NBA Draft Draft Date Locked in

Seems pretty late to me.Conf Finals should be over by end of Sept and NBA Finals by mid-October at the latest (unless they string it out)

I wonder about the start date of the 2020-21 season. Will they start the season a month after the draft? I doubt it but we shall see.

29 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Hmmm December Winter League? 

I think it rules out a Christmas start for the regular season for sure.

I think they are trying to push back as much as possible in hopes of a vaccine early next year. I wouldn't rule out like a Feb or Mar start date for the regular season.  

I've been saying March for quite a while, and would be surprised if COVID and labor issues get resolved satisfactorily enough to start.

The CBA needs to be revised based on a significant decrease in basketball related income going down, plus the fact that they will want to address some player issues.

13 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I think it rules out a Christmas start for the regular season for sure.

I think they are trying to push back as much as possible in hopes of a vaccine early next year. I wouldn't rule out like a Feb or Mar start date for the regular season.  

I think he's referring to "Summer League." I'm not sure if that's happening this year, or if draft picks (and UDFAs) will just go straight into camp. 

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think he's referring to "Summer League." I'm not sure if that's happening this year, or if draft picks (and UDFAs) will just go straight into camp. 

Yes, I understand that. My point was, if the draft is a week before Thanksgiving and they need a Winter League (Summer League) which more than likely wouldn't start until after Thanksgiving probably sometime in December, I don't see the season starting on Christmas Day which has been the talk for quite awhile that the NBA would start on Christmas Day. You would have 1 month after the draft to have some type of Winter League/Summer League, training camp and pre-season. That's not all happening before December 25th. 

Going to have to stay up all night to see who we get 

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yes, I understand that. My point was, if the draft is a week before Thanksgiving and they need a Winter League (Summer League) which more than likely wouldn't start until after Thanksgiving probably sometime in December, I don't see the season starting on Christmas Day which has been the talk for quite awhile that the NBA would start on Christmas Day. You would have 1 month after the draft to have some type of Winter League/Summer League, training camp and pre-season. That's not all happening before December 25th. 

I guess my point is, we don't know if Summer League is even happening. They could just go straight into camp, and just do a couple preseason games like the bubble and just go from there. They obviously don't need more than a month to do that given that's what they did in the bubble, but free agency has to be in there as well. 

New Season starts in December right?

59 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

New Season starts in December right?

I think they pushed it back to LATE December so that probably means January or February.  Maybe they just start up after the Super Bowl....  

Silver said that a December restart was looking very unlikely but nothing has been ruled out yet.

15 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Silver said that a December restart was looking very unlikely but nothing has been ruled out yet.

I bet it's closer to Feb. 1st than Christmas. Silver wanted a Christmas opening day, but that's too soon this year.

A separate question is how they start, Michelle Roberts says it will have to be in bubbles around the country, and then hopefully fans in home arenas later in the season. 

I hope we make a smart move at 40

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I hope we make a smart move at 40

most likely a G player