Crizzle

Are you willing to go "all in" next year in the 2021 draft?

On 9/9/2020 at 7:40 AM, toocoolkellz said:

Because of the pandemic 

That, too.  But I also think that a lot of the draft hype died down once the Knicks FELL and the Bulls didn't move up enough.  No one is getting excited about the T Wolves getting the top pick.  Although the Warriors are at 2 -- maybe it would have been a better story if they had ended up at 1.

I ALSO think that a lot of the Zion Draft hype died down last year after the Pelicans moved up to 1.  Worse, when the Knicks couldn't even get 2 (and Ja kind of a semi-lock at 2).  

Zion and Ja were really easy guys to market and brand.  There is no EASY BUTTON in this draft.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

That, too.  But I also think that a lot of the draft hype died down once the Knicks FELL and the Bulls didn't move up enough.  No one is getting excited about the T Wolves getting the top pick.  Although the Warriors are at 2 -- maybe it would have been a better story if they had ended up at 1.

I ALSO think that a lot of the Zion Draft hype died down last year after the Pelicans moved up to 1.  Worse, when the Knicks couldn't even get 2 (and Ja kind of a semi-lock at 2).  

Zion and Ja were really easy guys to market and brand.  There is no EASY BUTTON in this draft.

Agreed

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

That is why I think is not far-fetched that we could trade for the 2nd pick and go get Wiseman; Warriors wants to get a 3rd star to pair with the Splash Brothers and they probably will do that with a S&T in the other FA, they need as much picks as they can get and a serviceable player with a good contract (I trully believe there arent many better options than JV). 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:59 PM, Crizzle said:

Next years draft looks to have some nice wing prospects. With the pick going to boston this year, we now have freedom to trade any future 1sts we want. We also have the Utah and GSW future firsts. Are you willing to cash in all our draft assets to move up next year?

If it helps us get better why not 

18 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

If it helps us get better why not 

I wouldn’t mind moving up BOTH years.  Throw in the Warriors/Jazz future firsts (add protections?) to any draft night deal.  Next year we can move up and trade future firsts (but I don’t think we can trade out of the first round).  

We might need TWO more great drafts anyway....

On 9/15/2020 at 3:49 PM, Allen said:

A good FO can find good players without moving up

I think we finally got that