Sign in to follow this  
rc0213

2019 - 2020 NBA ROY IS......

2 minutes ago, jtown fan said:

Ja got 99 1st place votes out of 100

Who was one person who gave Zion a 1st place vote?

Congrats Ja!!!

Exactly,  whomever voted for Zion should never be allowed to vote

The top pick on my 2019 big board.  Not even surprised.  Seriously though he had a great year — would have gone down to the wire with pretty much anyone.  Even a healthy Zion.  Great year for the guy.  Looking forward to the future! 

Congrats to Clarke for finishing fourth.  Good fit for our system.  

Hopefully we can add to our core.  Maybe Jaren wins MIP next season... who knows.

I wonder if someone just thought that there shouldn’t be unanimous ROTY winners. 

Was Luka? LeBron? Duncan? Has there been a unanimous ROTY winner before?

it’d be cool if the griz did a marketing piece celebrating ja’s incredible year. few commercials/pieces of players and or fans bursting in mock interviews and blaring- ja morant....you hear me...???

slim. 

We all knew this was coming. Good to see it is now official. Congrats Ja and thanks for one helluva season. Well deserved.

Next question ... how long until Ja gets MVP honors?

I read where the ballots will be published after the awards are all announced. We'll eventually find out who cast the "Zion deserves ROY after playing 19 games" vote.

1 hour ago, Elillo said:

I guess many NBA execs agree with the view some have expressed here, that we we're lucky to have the 2nd pick and avoid "having" to select Zion.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-execs-poll-luka-doncic-top-young-talent-zion-williamson/

Bam is pretty high on there... and where is Joker lol.  And no Trae Young at all is interesting as well. 

I like how Luka, Doncic, Booker, kinda Tatum and Young have bought back slow but skilled. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Bam is pretty high on there... and where is Joker lol.  And no Trae Young at all is interesting as well. 

I like how Luka, Doncic, Booker, kinda Tatum and Young have bought back slow but skilled. 

It's an under 25 list, Jokic will be 26 in February. 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

It's an under 25 list, Jokic will be 26 in February. 

OK. In that case now that I read criteria again you gave 25 qualified opinions 5 votes each and not one picked Trae Young. Just tells you something for people who praise stats. 

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

OK. In that case now that I read criteria again you gave 25 qualified opinions 5 votes each and not one picked Trae Young. Just tells you something for people who praise stats. 

This is quite concerning for someone who was second in ROTY votes. Although I think KAT getting only one 5th vote is arguably worse.

Zion's summary is quite accurate, IMHO. The guy is a one in a generation wonder, but picking him as the centerpiece of a franchise has a lot of risk. 

8 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

This is quite concerning for someone who was second in ROTY votes. Although I think KAT getting only one 5th vote is arguably worse.

Zion's summary is quite accurate, IMHO. The guy is a one in a generation wonder, but picking him as the centerpiece of a franchise has a lot of risk. 

In the old 2018 draft thread I thought that Luka and Zion would be a great combo.  Talk about an awesome pick and roll threat.  Zion probably is more of a 1a guy.  Luka needs a high level tag team partner too.  

Speaking of rookies this Herro is something serious. That's a real combo guard.  He is like a mini Tatum with more passing ability. 

56 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Speaking of rookies this Herro is something serious. That's a real combo guard.  He is like a mini Tatum with more passing ability. 

Very fluid, natural, smooth, confident, and seems to be everywhere.
Nunn (2nd top rookie?) is not even seeing the court. 

12 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Very fluid, natural, smooth, confident, and seems to be everywhere.
Nunn (2nd top rookie?) is not even seeing the court. 

Amazed at how good he is. I think he can become a 25 PPG guy.