Sign in to follow this  
Ole Dirty Klondike

What's the hold up for ROY

I had been thinking about posting this all week but forgot then I saw this Daily Memphian story:

https://dailymemphian.com/article/16624/grizzlies-insider-nba-rookie-of-the-year-ja-morant?utm_source=article_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=article_grizzlies-insider-nba-rookie-of-the-year-ja-morant_2020-09-03

Seriously, from my understanding they were going to announce last week before the games were postponed yet here we are on Thursday and still no announcement....[Conspiracy Theory Alert] I really hope they aren't trying to figure out a way to force Zion to either be co-ROY or ROY

26 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

And Brandon Clarke finished 4th behind Zion:

Clarke should be second, but they would never gave him that. 

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Apparently the NBA reads this board as they just announced  Ja as R.O.Y. 😂😂😂😂😂

You can thank me later Ja!!!!

Well deserved, It should have been 100 votes too.

8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

And Brandon Clarke finished 4th behind Zion:

Are those the only guys who got votes?  I thought Tyler Herro maybe deserved at least a third place vote.  He was good all year. Sometimes really really good when his shot was on. Did it on a winning team too.  

If Clarke makes all rookie first team we will have two guys on the team which doesn’t happen much. Although Pau/Battier did it for us. As well as OJ Mayo/Marc Gasol.  

Maybe a Blazers fan gave Zion a 1st place vote.  Damian Lillard was the last unanimous Rookie of the Year.  Ironically a smallish guard out of a small school and a bit of a sleeper pick even though he went fairly high (6).  Also ironic that he beat out a top pick blue blood stud big man who got drafted by the New Orleans Pelicans (Anthony Davis).  

On 9/3/2020 at 4:06 PM, fanboyslim said:

They're announcing the awards with week long intervals. DPOY on 8/25, MIP on 9/1, next announcement should be around the 8th.

Word is they were going to announce it the same day the postponed games happened. Ja already had the trophy and they were going to announce it that afternoon until the games were no longer played. He's had the trophy for a week before this was announced to my understanding. 

He's a troll. He's retweeting people attacking him. Sounds like he just does stuff for attention and "digs in and stands his ground"

20 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

He's a troll. He's retweeting people attacking him. Sounds like he just does stuff for attention and "digs in and stands his ground"

This is one of the reasons why i don’t think the media should vote on things like this 

This guy is factoring in the NBA’s promotion of Zion and his future performances as criteria for rookie of the year? Impactful?

Indeed trolling to make a name for himself, get attention.

4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Jeez in that case Zion won ROY from day one in his mind.