Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Interesting Topic about JJJ

1 minute ago, Lugan Village said:

20 and 6 is a good player...are we settling on that is what we need from him to be the 2nd wheel behind JA?  Heck DeMar D. was ave 24, 6 assists, 6 rebounds, PER of 22 and an all star...and they traded the franchise to get the "one"....just saying

If Leonard becomes available I'm all for trading JJJ for him.

3 minutes ago, KyleB said:

The stars were not exactly flocking to Golden State either before they won a championship. Andre Iguodala was their biggest free agent signing prior to Durant, I've never thought of him as a star. Name me one legit star not named Durant who has signed with Golden State as a free agent.

Rick Barry...and don't say who?  :)

3 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

20 and 6 is a good player...are we settling on that is what we need from him to be the 2nd wheel behind JA?  Heck DeMar D. was ave 24, 6 assists, 6 rebounds, PER of 22 and an all star...and they traded the franchise to get the "one"....just saying

Kawhi forced that trade 

1 minute ago, Lugan Village said:

Rick Barry...and don't say who?  :)

I wont even mention that you had to go back 50 years to find one, I'll just mention that per Wikipedia a judge had issued an injunction that prohibited Rick Barry from signing with any team other than Golden State once his contract with the Nets ended.:D

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Kawhi forced that trade 

not to Raptors...I can tell u with 100% confidence he wanted a trade, but to LA.  He had option to sit out...Masai had to motivate him to come and guaranteed him the best play/rest scenario...

2 minutes ago, KyleB said:

I wont even mention that you had to go back 50 years to find one, I'll just mention that per Wikipedia a judge had issued an injunction that prohibited Rick Barry from signing with any team other than Golden State once his contract with the Nets ended.:D

love the back and forth...BUT seriously did u go to WIki to find that one out...are u a millennial? hahaha

Just now, Lugan Village said:

love the back and forth...BUT seriously did u go to WIki to find that one out...are u a millennial? hahaha

I'm 43, but the only thing I knew about Rick Barry was that his son is the only white guy I can remember ever winning the slam dunk contest. And he had to culturally appropriate Jordan's free-throw line dunk to do it. 

22 minutes ago, KyleB said:

I'm 43, but the only thing I knew about Rick Barry was that his son is the only white guy I can remember ever winning the slam dunk contest. And he had to culturally appropriate Jordan's free-throw line dunk to do it. 

Well, Tony Parker culturally appropriated Brent Barry's wife, so I guess things evened out.

https://nypost.com/2010/11/19/inside-the-marriage-of-erin-barry-tony-parkers-sexting-gal-pal/#:~:text=Erin Barry%2C 38%2C the estranged,with the San Antonio Spurs.

1 hour ago, Lugan Village said:

not to Raptors...I can tell u with 100% confidence he wanted a trade, but to LA.  He had option to sit out...Masai had to motivate him to come and guaranteed him the best play/rest scenario...

That's irrelevant for the conversation though. He presented it as if the spurs trade him just to trade but the trade was forced it wasnt like the spurs wanted to trade

22 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

That's irrelevant for the conversation though. He presented it as if the spurs trade him just to trade but the trade was forced it wasnt like the spurs wanted to trade

Sorry toolcool...I am trying to follow you on this one...you said, "Kawhi forced that trade"...

...something happened re his injury with the spurs that ignited Kawai(blame spurs) he said he wanted out but was hoping he was going to LA...Pops shopped for the best deal, it was Masai who offered their best player DeMar, heart & soul of franchise...but Kawai was a game changer, the missing piece..even for one year rental...

Net net..gotta do whatever it takes to win..whether its JJJ or BC... neither one of them is a DeMar "yet"

5 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Sorry toolcool...I am trying to follow you on this one...you said, "Kawhi forced that trade"...

...something happened re his injury with the spurs that ignited Kawai(blame spurs) he said he wanted out but was hoping he was going to LA...Pops shopped for the best deal, it was Masai who offered their best player DeMar, heart & soul of franchise...but Kawai was a game changer, the missing piece..even for one year rental...

Net net..gotta do whatever it takes to win..whether its JJJ or BC... neither one of them is a DeMar "yet"

In relation to us trading JJJ it's not comparable to Leonardo's situation because Leonard forced the trade, he wasnt traded just to trade. If you're implying that we should be the Raptors and capitalize on a disgruntled player, who do you suggest would be that piece?

10 hours ago, KyleB said:

That doesn't change the point of the post. Trying to justify trading Jaren because we once traded a guy we picked 4th in the draft for Mike Miller is silly, you don't trade someone with Jaren's potential for someone whose ceiling is sixth man of the year. The list of players I would be willing to trade Jaren for at this point is very short. If we trade Jaren and don't get either a future star or multiple starters back it will be a failure.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way suggesting that we trade Jaren at this time.  I think that would be borderline moronic.  Jaren is better than Gooden was at this point, with a much higher ceiling, and I don't see us being able to get a better player than Jaren in return.  I was merely stating my opinion of Mike Miller.  If Mike had been a better defender he would have been a great wing.  As it was, I still hold him in higher regard than just a journeyman.  If we had someone like him on the roster now it would solve a lot of problems for us.

This front office keeps talking about having a long term approach so I just don't see any scenario we Trade Jaren.

It's funny how the Raps came up in this conversation. That Derozan-JV-Lowry core had ran its course. They had five playoff runs and were swept out in back to back years. It was time for a change, Masai took a gamble and it paid off big time.

We are nowhere near that point yet. Our Core 4 was together 7 flippin years and we're sitting here talking bout trading one of our best players before we even have a winning season. Like somehow the guy we just drafted with the 4th pick two years ago isn't good enough for our suddenly championship-caliber team, yeesh. Especially the guy everyone knew would be a project.

4 years. Give him until his rookie contract is up to show significant improvement. After that....

17 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

I like the lineup, makes sense except for BC....I seem him as an exceptionally valuable 6th...he can still get 25-30 minutes a game, but he excels in a 2nd rotation...and when someone goes down can fill in.....

Well if the Grizzlies make this trade they could pick up Obi Toppin and start him at the PF position. 

18 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

In relation to us trading JJJ it's not comparable to Leonardo's situation because Leonard forced the trade, he wasnt traded just to trade. If you're implying that we should be the Raptors and capitalize on a disgruntled player, who do you suggest would be that piece?

OK I got where your coming from now, I don't think we have a disgruntled player, in fact it appears the dressing room is pretty tight, and the respect for Jenkins should continue to grow.  If only we could trade some disgruntled board members, we'd be in a better place.

12 hours ago, cdp said:

It's funny how the Raps came up in this conversation. That Derozan-JV-Lowry core had ran its course. They had five playoff runs and were swept out in back to back years. It was time for a change, Masai took a gamble and it paid off big time.

We are nowhere near that point yet. Our Core 4 was together 7 flippin years and we're sitting here talking bout trading one of our best players before we even have a winning season. Like somehow the guy we just drafted with the 4th pick two years ago isn't good enough for our suddenly championship-caliber team, yeesh. Especially the guy everyone knew would be a project.

4 years. Give him until his rookie contract is up to show significant improvement. After that....

don't agree and your incorrect...Masai was making or moving draft picks, trades, free agent pick-ups, you name it with his players long before DeMar and then JV trade.  The big one that very few people recall was Vasquesz to the Bucks 5 years ago, in exchange the Raptors received 2015 2nd round pick & 2017 1st round pick...Powell then OG...the point being Masai has said he is constantly looking to upgrade the team..you can expect big moves after this playoff, especially when he sheds expiring Gaso contract, who has been a dead weight since he arrived in Toronto..stats and performance don't lie.  Cap space freed up is $75M, but practically its $26M...

37 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

OK I got where your coming from now, I don't think we have a disgruntled player, in fact it appears the dressing room is pretty tight, and the respect for Jenkins should continue to grow.  If only we could trade some disgruntled board members, we'd be in a better place.

True, I think Khawi just wanted to play in LA and some of the things said to the media buy one of his teammates probably seemed like a backhanded jab. Add in the fact that he felt the medical team was trying to rush him back, the writing was on the wall for them

On 9/2/2020 at 5:52 AM, lions said:

your right viewership was down. but the boycott bought it down to a huge 40 percent 

TV Ratings Concerns

There's been a 20 percent decrease in TV ratings since 2019 according to ShowBuzzDaily. However, there's no context associated with that statement. For instance, did you know that broadcast television is down 19 percent since last year? Or that the 18-49 age demographic is down 36 percent across all of television, but only down 13 percent (as of the date the data was compiled)? Or that the post-Jacob Blake boycott ratings have been the same as the pre-Blake boycott ratings? Obviously, the NBA is concerned about the slippage in ratings over the past few years, but their current TV contract runs through 2023, and their next one will be based upon more than simply ratings given the increasingly numerous ways people consume sports content today. The NBA will still have multiple providers and streaming services bidding against each other come 2023-24. They'll have an even larger global audience given the number of rising international stars. I'm not worried about it at all, especially not in 2020...and you shouldn't be either. 

--Copied/pasted from Yardbarker article

speaking of tv ratings and the league, i for one believe it would have been better had the nba made the production of the bubble games more authentic. as it stands, there Is so much noise piped in, you lose the authenticity, the purity of what’s going on down there. 
granted, one of the benefits of all the piped noise is drowning out all the expletives and crying from the clippers for instance...but, the point remains..there certainly could have been a more natural angle to the production. 

slim. 

5 hours ago, memphis slim said:

speaking of tv ratings and the league, i for one believe it would have been better had the nba made the production of the bubble games more authentic. as it stands, there Is so much noise piped in, you lose the authenticity, the purity of what’s going on down there. 
granted, one of the benefits of all the piped noise is drowning out all the expletives and crying from the clippers for instance...but, the point remains..there certainly could have been a more natural angle to the production. 

slim. 

Yeah given all the expletives, they would just have to cut the audio pretty much the entire time anyway. I like it the way it is now. 

13 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

Could be worse.  They could have gone with the cardboard cutouts like the MLB is doing for some reason.  

On 9/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, Lugan Village said:

don't agree and your incorrect...Masai was making or moving draft picks, trades, free agent pick-ups, you name it with his players long before DeMar and then JV trade.  The big one that very few people recall was Vasquesz to the Bucks 5 years ago, in exchange the Raptors received 2015 2nd round pick & 2017 1st round pick...Powell then OG...the point being Masai has said he is constantly looking to upgrade the team..you can expect big moves after this playoff, especially when he sheds expiring Gaso contract, who has been a dead weight since he arrived in Toronto..stats and performance don't lie.  Cap space freed up is $75M, but practically its $26M...

I forgot about Vasquez he was good for his short time there. It's quite the butterfly effect because Powell made Terrence Ross expendable and got traded for Ibaka, who didn't mesh great with JV and got him traded for Marc.

And even tho JV is the better player now and when he was traded, the Raps simply do not win the championship without him over JV. And they won't win it this year either if he doesn't up his game.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:14 PM, cdp said:

I forgot about Vasquez he was good for his short time there. It's quite the butterfly effect because Powell made Terrence Ross expendable and got traded for Ibaka, who didn't mesh great with JV and got him traded for Marc.

And even tho JV is the better player now and when he was traded, the Raps simply do not win the championship without him over JV. And they won't win it this year either if he doesn't up his game.

I interpret the Raps not winning without an effective Gasol as accurate.  But let's not sugar coat Gasol abilities since he joined the Raptors...he is "expired"...he is not anywhere the player he was with the Grizz..and the Raps would have won regardless with Ibaka and JV sharing the 5....yesterday was typical for Gasol, in 14 minutes, zero points and 5 rebounds...and a -14...  for the season, he averaged 7 points, 6 rebounds and a PER of 12.. just awful...he can't up his game, he was done when he arrived in the trade, and he was just as bad with exception of one game in playoffs past year.

37 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

I interpret the Raps not winning without an effective Gasol as accurate.  But let's not sugar coat Gasol abilities since he joined the Raptors...he is "expired"...he is not anywhere the player he was with the Grizz..and the Raps would have won regardless with Ibaka and JV sharing the 5....yesterday was typical for Gasol, in 14 minutes, zero points and 5 rebounds...and a -14...  for the season, he averaged 7 points, 6 rebounds and a PER of 12.. just awful...he can't up his game, he was done when he arrived in the trade, and he was just as bad with exception of one game in playoffs past year.

Gasol's issues are mental. He can still shoot, he just doesn't for whatever reason. And his -14 yesterday was tied for best among the starters so . . . not a really fair comparison.